Official New York Knicks Season Thread

I wouldn't mind just NYK in orange

HOYAS
"I'm an ounce from a robbery, a freestyle away from success, pretty much my life is a mess"

i'm not sure that holding onto isaiah is the best idea as a result of all this drama

this sucks
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

we're not going to get anywhere with zeke, think its time to face it.
Team Lost Power City ruined my life​

I think its time to do away with I.Thomas. For some reason i see them with defense issues again. The most i see them winning is maybe 37 games. I need to see how the other role players play this season. Balkman, Q, Nate all need to have solid years.
Team New York​
4L8O15S16T23!42​
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

YESSSSSSS NEW SEASON BABBBY CANT WAIT

Knicks in 08 dats my word
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

Anyway i got so much to say right now i dont know where to start but anyway...
The Knicks have always had at least decent But Zeke would always @#%$ with the roster and personnel each year. Because of this our chemistry has never been good. It hit an all time low 2 years ago when we had 23 wins under Larry Brown. Once again Zeke made offseason moves and we had leftover chemstry problems and it was evident last year. We started off horrible, Marbury was getting booed every home game, Curry was not ready to step up, etc. But as the season went on the Kniks gained chemistry and started to play better as a unit. Things really started to turn around after our brawl with Denver after that, the Knicks won in three thrillers in a row. They started off in a great win vs a very good Utah team in which Marbury drove coast to coast for a game winning layup off a terrific David Lee inbound pass after Deron Williams hit a nice jumper to take the lead. The Knicks than beat Charlotte after a historic David Lee tip in with .01 seconds. Than the Knicks had a triple OT thriller over Detroit. The Knicks chemistry kept gaining until they finally reached a playoff spot around late Feb/March. They were playing great, and leadership/chemistry was great, and Steph and Curry were both stepping up big time with great play from David Lee and Crawford as well. They were the only team to have an improving winning percentage every month of the season and in the beginning of March they were one of the hottest teams in the NBA. It was around than when everything turned downhill as it started off with Crawford getting a season ending injury. This was followed by season ending injuries for David Lee, Q Rich, and Francis. Curry's play was on a downfall and the team was being kept in contention due pretty much to the terrific play of Stephon Marbury but than he too was lost for the season and the Knicks went into a freefall and finished with the 9th worst record in the league and 4th in the Atlantic with a 33-49 record. This tragic end to the season was not all that bad though as young players such as Rookies Mardy Collins and second year guard Nate Robinson got alot of playing time, and showed how talented they really were. Especially Collins who was putting up near-tripple double like stats in April and led the NBA in minutes played in April. This end of the season gave the Knicks a bright spot for the future...

Anyway for my notes of the upcoming season...
Quote:
-Crawford will have a career season, just not scoring wise

I have been saying that all offseason. Crawford has always been talented, but the chemistry in Ny has never been right until now like i mentioned in my last seasons recap. I think this is the season where Crawford not only becomes a top scorer but also a team leader, and take the step from a good player, to a 20+ points per game allstar.

Quote:
-Lee wont be affected by the Zbo move

agreed David Lee will still be David Lee and still pile up mins, because Lee provides what ERandolph and Curry do not, which is energy and hustle, and will have a very, very good season, i expect big things and i think he will easily average a double double again.

Quote:
Q had back surgery and supposedly is healthy and getting up and dunking like he was back in LA

That is something that i needed to hear. If this surgery has worked and not only that but repaired a back that was not so good since his Pheonix days, that is very good for us if we can get some LA Q Rich, which is where he was best. If he is 100% and better that lineup is flawless especially since he is such an underated defeder. We need Q to be nice because SF is our biggest ? right now especially with Balkman down.

Quote:
You know what I don't get... how people make such a big deal about how bad the defense is going to be down low (Not referring to you directly High Class Scum Bag). Don't get me wrong, the defense down low will be HORRIBLE... but people are acting like we traded away Ben Wallace for Z Bo. We got rid of Channing "Charmin" Frye who shied away from contact like no other. At least the defense can't get any worse.
off with not a lot of time, but will start getting more as the season goes on and will be another nice spark, + he has tremendous PG skills.

Lastly, although i have been talking about alot of players improving, the player who will improve the most is Stephon Marbury. He will not be near his best stat wise, but will emerge as the leader of this team and will do things that he has never been able to do in the past. he will average around 10 assists and about 15-16 points or so. He will also step up defensively because he has showed his ability to be a lockdown defender last year. He will still be able to score when called upon, but the Knicks will look in the post almost all the time, and Jamal Crawford will take up the primary scoring from the backcourt. But this is all all right because unlike the past Steph knows his role and his happy with it, and he will have a tremendous year and earn the respect that he deserves but does not get. He will be our best player, just like he finished last year which was probably his best year although not statwise because of the Knicks poor start. Steph will be a warrior this year and will be our catalyst in our push from a pnear playoff team to a playoff team and beyond. He will be an MVP candidate.

I dont know. Maybe im pushing it because i have not felt this good about a Knicks team since we had Ewing in the glory days. But i truly think that he Knicks will be great this year and be a contender is say a near 50 win season (no typo) and going to the Eastern Conference Championship. And this is because i have a very good feeling, yes maybe im pushing it but maybe not. :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

Gr8 to see The Gr8 @ it again :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Yeah, Nichols was signed a few days ago.

Check this out, though. Shouldn't be a surprise at all...

Quote:
Jerome James has kept his streak alive: for the third straight year the veteran center is fighting through an injury during the first week of practice. James is suffering from knee tendonitis and missed parts of todays first practice.
www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/ :smh:
smh.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAMGIANTS
Goooooooooonies
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

I like Roderick Wilmont

too bad he won't find a spot
HOYAS
"I'm an ounce from a robbery, a freestyle away from success, pretty much my life is a mess"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ Nich.....

i know it's summer league and all that...but for a 21(or so) year old, he's a good shooter. and he's about 6'8 so he can play either SG/SF..

i think Zbo will be a BEAST...he may not average as much but our low post will be virtually unstoppable. :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

defense? what's that? :lol:
laugh.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif
|I
tired.gif
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

:lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS

Good stuff in this thread already...good to see Team Knicks back!

The Gr8 good analysis as usual...I thoroughly agree with your overview/preview.

One question though:

Quote:
I am interested to see how Jared Jordan will be. I was very happy about the move and i love his game and i know Zeke does as well, but with the Knicks guard debt i want to see how he adjusts. i think he will start off with not a lot of time, but will start getting more as the season goes on and will be another nice spark, + he has tremendous PG skills.

What move?! When did we acquire him?

Also did Nichols ever get signed???

Quote:
the player who will improve the most is Stephon Marbury. He will not be near his best stat wise, but will emerge as the leader of this team and will do things that he has never been able to do in the past. he will average around 10 assists and about 15-16 points or so. He will also step up defensively because he has showed his ability to be a lockdown defender last year. He will still be able to score when called upon, but the Knicks will look in the post almost all the time, and Jamal Crawford will take up the primary scoring from the backcourt. But this is all all right because unlike the past Steph knows his role and his happy with it, and he will have a tremendous year and earn the respect that he deserves but does not get. He will be our best player, just like he finished last year which was probably his best year although not statwise because of the Knicks poor start. Steph will be a warrior this year and will be our catalyst in our push from a pnear playoff team to a playoff team and beyond. He will be an MVP candidate.
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
4L8O15S16T23!42​

FlatbushFiyah...

i dunno if you heard of a guy named Noah...he's building a big ark..talking about how it's gonna rain...i think he's nuts...but w/e
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

^Word son I was under a rock!! LOL! After the Mets collapse I was in serious hiding! I couldn't read up on sports for a few days. Thanks for the info y'all! Anybody know the terms of the Nichols deal?
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Back
Top Bottom