OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by MeloVP

would yall like EG and the 2 for ZBo?

even that seems a lil unfair, because zach is a proven scorer and rebounder, and Eg is not

if anything, we need to wait until the deadline, hopefully he'll have improved as a player and teammate, more so the latter

I'd be extremely happy with that. We just gotta get rid of his contract. Adding a good young player would be a plus.

Also, contracts wouldn't have to match when dealing with the Clippers since LA is way under the cap after not resigning Elton Brand.

As soon as I heard the rumors about randolph being shopped, I immediately thought about the possibilities of getting Al Thornton. I would LOVE to see him in aknicks uni

as of right now, al thornton>>>

eric gordon, so that would be even less likely

and to what mayhem said, there's no sense in doing a salary dump now, when there's two more years before he actually needs to be gone

zach has very low trade value now, and the more time he spends on the court under d'antoni, that should hopefully rise

Originally Posted by MeloVP

as of right now, al thornton>>>

eric gordon, so that would be even less likely

and to what mayhem said, there's no sense in doing a salary dump now, when there's two more years before he actually needs to be gone

zach has very low trade value now, and the more time he spends on the court under d'antoni, that should hopefully rise

I mean, is his stock going to get higher? He has the lowest basketball IQ for a big man I've seen. I don't see his stock going any higher. Hell, Ithink his stock was at it's peak when he was coming off the bench with Portland his 2nd year.

I just think EG would be a good fit and could be someone who could be valuable in the future. I haven't seen that many Indiana games but from whatI've seen and heard he doesn't need the ball in his hands to score. I think he could be a very good complementary scorer if/when we sign a big namefree agent. I could honestly see him matching up with LeBron or Wade rather nicely (or any other big name free agent we pick up, when and if we do).

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I mean, is his stock going to get higher? He has the lowest basketball IQ for a big man I've seen. I don't see his stock going any higher. Hell, I think his stock was at it's peak when he was coming off the bench with Portland his 2nd year.

i do know that d'antoni is not gonna let him do what he did on the floor last season

under isiah, there was no system, just go out and play, which is a formula for embarrassment in the L

so, under d'antoni, zach is actually gonna have to run, and he's not gonna get the ball at 20 feet every possession

he'll probably lose about 7 pounds, that could be attractive to some teams

140j8kp.jpg

Mike D'Antoni had not seen Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks' first-round draft pick, play in person until this weekend. Gallinari, a 19-year-old from Italy, made a quick first impression. "He can play," D'Antoni said enthusiastically. He was impressed with Gallinari's toughness and his athleticism, two qualities that are not often associated with European players. But D'Antoni seemed most impressed when Gallinari, in the middle of practice, suggested running a play for a teammate, because that teammate had not touched the ball in six possessions. D'Antoni also said he was "extremely pumped up" about the potential of Wilson Chandler, the Knicks' first-round pick in 2007. "He's got a lot of skills," D'Antoni said. ... The Knicks play their first summer league game Monday at 4 p.m. Eastern. All five of their games here will be broadcast on MSG. ... In addition to Gallinari and Chandler, the veterans Renaldo Balkman, Mardy Collins and Nate Robinson all plan to play this week.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/sports/basketball/13knicks.html?_r=1&ref=basketball&oref=slogin

laugh.gif
, it was a second rounder for Randolph.

I would have laughed in their faces. I don't care if he's the biggest ballhog in the world. He can score, and he is worth more than a measlysecond-round pick.

D'Antoni also said he was "extremely pumped up" about the potential of Wilson Chandler, the Knicks' first-round pick in 2007. "He's got a lot of skills," D'Antoni said. ..
You're damn right.

yea that was a low ball offer by the clips.....if they pick up zach that settles all they problems, they tryna act like dude is a d leager

[h1]TRAINING IN SARATOGA[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
Posted: 3:43 am
July 13, 2008

LAS VEGAS - Mike D'Antoni's offense requires a pack of thoroughbreds, so what better place for the new era to kick off than Saratoga.

D'Antoni revealed the KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
will hold their Oct. 1 training camp at Saratoga, the quaint village 30 minutes north of Albany andhome to the famed Saratoga Race Course.

The Knicks would stage their camp at Skidmore College, officially ending their 17-year run in Charleston, S.C. D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh felt it wastime to break with tradition, considering the club has posted seven straight losing seasons.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

[h1]TRAINING IN SARATOGA[/h1]

The Knicks would stage their camp at Skidmore College, officially ending their 17-year run in Charleston, S.C. D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh felt it was time to break with tradition, considering the club has posted seven straight losing seasons.

where they train at doesn't have anything to do with how they play
ohwell.gif

they should be worrying about how they train & to learn each others strengths & weaknesses

Originally Posted by petermans

that must be fake, i believe he has some common sense not to do it that big
LAS VEGAS - Stephon MarburyStephon Marbury
t.gif
bounded off the KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
' team bus at Vegas' Valley High last night - a new tattoo inscribed on his left temple. The "3" logo found on his Starbury sneaker and apparel line is now a permanent part of his bald head.

Back
Top Bottom