OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

yo THE GR8 what section where you sitting at the draft?

201 i was in the center pretty much, but it got boring over there later on and i was pissed so i moved to the back so i can chant with the other pissed offKnicks fans
roll.gif
roll.gif
. It was mad funny when we kept getting those Celtic fans with the Giants chants
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
. But yeah where were you at?
Bayless was the pick. He was the best player on the board, and we take another forward.

OUR FIRST ROUND PICK LAST YEAR PLAYS THE SAME SPOT.

Just don't get it.

As far as the current team, it sucks.
allen im with you here. Althogh i dont really like Bayelss that uh he is by far a better pick for our team and is by far more talented thanRooster. I wanted DJ though im not with most of yall saying hes a backup, other than height he really has no legit flaws to his game. He is mature and a greatleader, he is a true PG and a floor general, he is quick, and he has nice shooting mechanics and touch. I really think he can be a poor mans Chris Paul, notnecessarily as good as CP3, but i feel he can be a borderline all star and def a starter. Height is an issue but i think its overated, CP3 is the same heightand he should have gotten MVP his year IMO.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at Armani Jeans. This bum will be such a liability on the defensive end. He will get schooled by any 3 and he would be
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
at the. I swear if we have this dude and Z Bo cutting into D Lee's minutesthis team is pathetic. Its like we dont even appreciate hard work or toughness and we certainly dont care about defense.
indifferent.gif

EDIT: but hey on the bright side, we still have a wide open place for a franchis PG since Stephon is out next summer and we didnt take one here so who else isdown for my man B jennings to run !%$! in NY next year or that Spanish dude Ricky rubi who from what i have seen in clips and from what i hear is straightNASTY. See its not that i just dont like foreigners, i hate players that dont play D. Tat is why i hate the Galinari pick, i dont care that he is from Italy, ihate that he sucks at D. This dude Rubio is supposed to be a great floor general like Nash-esque and he is a good scrappy defender. They compare him to Clydeon NBADRAFT.net and he is 6'4. But Jennings is still my dude i would take either one, but i wouldnt expect any of them because of this %#@!!+$franchise's luck. We will finish with the worst record, get #4 in the lotto, miss both of them and take Stephen Curry or some !%$! trying to say hes thenext MJ. Mark my words.
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

When we let Marbury go after this season, and acquire a young PG, either in the draft or trade/FA, then Nash for a few years as a mentor who would take all thepressure off of the young kid would be the PERFECT move. He would also help develop any young talent we have. I think that would be a really great move bothfor the short term (gives the team leadership and stability, not to mention he's one of the best passers in the league) and the future like I mentioned.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

201 i was in the center pretty much, but it got boring over there later on and i was pissed so i moved to the back so i can chant with the other pissed off Knicks fans
roll.gif
roll.gif
. It was mad funny when we kept getting those Celtic fans with the Giants chants
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I was at section 305 where the players were passing by.....Yea I was wondering why people were chanting Lets go Giants....I was like what the hell??...Knicks make a bad pick and we have to chant "Lets go Giants" ??? what kind of nonsense was that?
laugh.gif
For a second I thought there were Giants players coming to the Draft just to upstage the knicks like they did in the regular season
laugh.gif
roll.gif

201 i was in the center pretty much, but it got boring over there later on and i was pissed so i moved to the back so i can chant with the other pissed off Knicks fans
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I was at section 305 where the players were passing by.....Yea I was wondering why people were chanting Lets go Giants....I was like what the hell??...Knicks make a bad pick and we have to chant "Lets go Giants" ??? what kind of nonsense was that?
laugh.gif
For a second I thought there were Giants players coming to the Draft just to upstage the knicks like they did in the regular season
laugh.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
but yeah there were these #!%$$%@ Celtics fans thinking they was the *@!+ cause KG fell in their laps cause McHale is a Celtics fan and we were booingthem and than we just started chanting lets go giants! and than 18-1! to shut their *@!+ up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Brandon Jennings is the last thing we need.

But it won't matter....he WILL NOT be a lottery pick when it's all said and done.

To add more salt to the wound...

"Walsh said he'd been trying to obtain a second-rounder with an eye on taking 6-8 forward Patrick Ewing Jr. of Georgetown. Walsh said he thought EwingJr. could be a solid NBA player. So do the Kings, who made him the 13th selection in the second round, No. 43 overall."

that woulda eased the pain last night

Who are some legit PG's in the lottery mix for next season? I'm trying to think of someone the Knicks should be targeting but no one is coming to mind.

I think maybe a better option is looking at some teams that have too many young pg's and looking to acquire one in a trade.

Unless the Rubio kid is the real deal...there isn't much, at all.

I'm sure someone will emerge but I can't think of any college kids that play the point that would be lotto worthy talents as of right now.

Seems like we'd have to acquire one.

Hahaha, with all the hate Danilo is getting on here, imagine how some of these kids would react to ANOTHER European player in the draft next year.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Brandon Jennings is the last thing we need.

But it won't matter....he WILL NOT be a lottery pick when it's all said and done.

To add more salt to the wound...

"Walsh said he'd been trying to obtain a second-rounder with an eye on taking 6-8 forward Patrick Ewing Jr. of Georgetown. Walsh said he thought Ewing Jr. could be a solid NBA player. So do the Kings, who made him the 13th selection in the second round, No. 43 overall."

that woulda eased the pain last night

no doubt. i cant believe we couldnt aquire a 2nd rounder. i mean teams were just giving up cash and future picks and they got them. We should haveefinitley tried to snag DeAndre Jordan in round 2 as potentially our center of the future given his size, athletisism, and his upside. But i would have lovedto have Ewing.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Hahaha, with all the hate Danilo is getting on here, imagine how some of these kids would react to ANOTHER European player in the draft next year.

Rubio is a sure fire stud. I want him badly next year.

Yea I would too, but then we would hear all the same stuff we're hearing now. I was just pointing out a few of the fans on this boards heads would explode(NH) haha.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Rubio is a sure fire stud. I want him badly next year.

Rubio is NASHty....id take him in a heart beat...ive been talking about it for the past few days once all the draft trade rumors emerged

Yea I would too, but then we would hear all the same stuff we're hearing now. I was just pointing out a few of the fans on this boards heads would explode (NH) haha.

Meh, I think everyone's mad about the Italian because he's another small forward that we didn't need and with Bayless on the board it lookedlike D'antoni was only making the pick because he slept with Danillo's dad.

Rubio won't be booed if we draft him.

If we took him I wouldnt have minded too much considering he's a tall PG, but atleast he can play PG.

Danilo is like ever other player we have, he's a chucker and plays no defense.

Walsh needs to go after Conley hard. Screw it, we need a point guard and hopefully Memphis is intent on moving OJ to the point or something.

Walsh needs to go after Conley hard. Screw it, we need a point guard and hopefully Memphis is intent on moving OJ to the point or something.

memphis wanted no part of moving conley for beasley...why would they take that deal?

I hope this softee who doesnt ply D doesnt disgrace Sprees #8 like he wore in Italy. That would just make me even more pissed. I was thinking about that last night and it made me realize is that is what the Knicks whole team is like. I mean we got the worst hooter in the history of the NBA rocking Allan Houstons #20, i mean we got our least tough and hustiling player who cant rebound and defend for *!%% digracing Oak's #34 a guy who made a living off of hard work, D, and rebounding, we got our biggest headcase and the Garden's public enemy #1, wearing John Starks' #3 a guy who was a fan favorite and always went out and competed and just was happy to be in the NBA nd played every game like it was the most important game he ever played (except in the most important game he ever played
indifferent.gif
sorry that was a cheap shot but for real Starks is ma boi and one of my favorite players ever.) Now we gonna have mr. No D Gallinairi rocking Sprees number 8?? Tat pick was just god awful. What a terrible night.

and also a big time
indifferent.gif
at that dude at the draft that had the custom made rooster sneakers (a $$*!++# rooster btw
indifferent.gif
) and said he will be our Jeter/Tiki Barber.

damn.....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

memphis wanted no part of moving conley for beasley...why would they take that deal?

I figured it was time to get back to typical Knicks fan and make request for impossible trades.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

not to mention rubio has size for his position and plays great D

like i said. i got no prooblems with Europeans like yall are thinking cause im hating on Danillo. I have problems with dudes that dont play D. i mean iwant a team that can play D and tries thats all i want right now. If rubio is a PG who has great PG skills and is lockdown on D as well i could give a #$@$ ifhes from Spain, Italy, NY, California, china, Africa, Mars, etc. i would take him...

but idk what yall saying i like Jennings alot. But right now it seems as if Rubio is the better prospect. i mean i know nbadraft.net is wack at times butthey compare him to Walt Frazier/Nash
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. i mean Nash's main knack is that he has no D if he can run the floor likeNash but play that scrappy clyde Frazier D... watch out Rose.

and for bonus points Jennings got the Big Daddy Kane hairstyle
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I hope this softee who doesnt ply D doesnt disgrace Sprees #8 like he wore in Italy. That would just make me even more pissed. I was thinking about that last night and it made me realize is that is what the Knicks whole team is like. I mean we got the worst hooter in the history of the NBA rocking Allan Houstons #20, i mean we got our least tough and hustiling player who cant rebound and defend for *!%% digracing Oak's #34 a guy who made a living off of hard work, D, and rebounding, we got our biggest headcase and the Garden's public enemy #1, wearing John Starks' #3 a guy who was a fan favorite and always went out and competed and just was happy to be in the NBA nd played every game like it was the most important game he ever played (except in the most important game he ever played
indifferent.gif
sorry that was a cheap shot but for real Starks is ma boi and one of my favorite players ever.) Now we gonna have mr. No D Gallinairi rocking Sprees number 8?? Tat pick was just god awful. What a terrible night.

and also a big time
indifferent.gif
at that dude at the draft that had the custom made rooster sneakers (a $$*!++# rooster btw
indifferent.gif
) and said he will be our Jeter/Tiki Barber.

damn.....
tired.gif

yeah i realized that yesterday and thought i would share it. at least 33 is in the rafters right now or who the @+%% knows would be rocking that
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom