OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Lets be realistic. The Knicks will probably get the 5th pick or so in the draft unless they loss all their games and t-wolves, heat, memphis, seattle win someof their remaining games or they just get damn lucky.

What's good around the 5th pick?

At 4, 5 or 6...there are still options, and very good ones at that.

Bayless
Lopez
Gordon

and I honestly think Thabeet with a good tournament puts himself in that range, his defense and size is too much to ignore.

I'd be ok with any of them....even OJ Mayo, who is playing real well lately

Props to nate rob putting on a show while I was at the garden
pimp.gif

I went to the st johns game too that was exciting
pimp.gif
both games went to OT

So you saw the Knicks and St. John's...

on top of that you're a T'Wolves fan.

You must be starved for good basketball

Originally Posted by Krazecraze

Lets be realistic. The Knicks will probably get the 5th pick or so in the draft unless they loss all their games and t-wolves, heat, memphis, seattle win some of their remaining games or they just get damn lucky.

Ok..why not you be a little realistic as well? The Grizzlies had the worst record last season, and they ended up getting the 4th pick.

The Blazers had the 8th worst record, and they picked up the 1st pick. Seattle was the 7th worst, and they got the 2nd.

The NBA draft is nothing like the NFL Draft where the arrangement of picks are going to reflect upon your season record. Thats why they call it the"NBA Draft Lottery". I can't stand ignorant NT'ers like this.

Yeah I think I looked back and the team with the worst record..

has only got the top pick twice in the past 15 years or something close to that...

but obviously, I'd rather have the worst record compared to where we will be.

IMO, the knicks are a dope franchise historically especially cuz of the best Defensive player in the 90's hands down EWING but the management sucks

Yeah, because then...

it's almost a guarantee that you're not falling out of the top 3...

it's more chances to land the 2nd, and 3rd pick...which gets overlooked at times when everyone is just thinking about #1

IMO, the knicks are a dope franchise historically especially cuz of the best Defensive player in the 90's hands down EWING but the management sucks

^^please enlighten us more!!!!! What do you think about our starting roster?? I'm intrigued to find out.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yeah, because then...

it's almost a guarantee that you're not falling out of the top 3...

it's more chances to land the 2nd, and 3rd pick...which gets overlooked at times when everyone is just thinking about #1

You make a good point, it wouldn't hurt to get the 2nd pick. But the way Beasley has been playing of late. I would love to have him in our team. But ifi was building the franchise from scratch (bottom-up), I would start with a solid PG..such a Derrick Rose.

Having a PG opens up many many options on the floor. Also if you have the right PG, he can make mediocre players like David West look like All-Stars.
wink.gif

If we get the #1 pick..

We HAVE to take Beasley, the backlash for not doing so would be too much.

I don't have a problem with it, and I'd love to have him...

I just still would think Rose would be a better fit.... and as you say building from scratch.

But also with Rose and all these guys that want to shoot, he would be nice to have. He's a pass first PG

It looks like you Can't go wrong either way tho

For some reason, i have a feeling Beasley will just be another Corey Maggette...If we did get Beasley, we would still have Nate Robinson passing the ballaround, and you and I both know he isn't a pure PG.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Krazecraze

Lets be realistic. The Knicks will probably get the 5th pick or so in the draft unless they loss all their games and t-wolves, heat, memphis, seattle win some of their remaining games or they just get damn lucky.

Ok..why not you be a little realistic as well? The Grizzlies had the worst record last season, and they ended up getting the 4th pick.

The Blazers had the 8th worst record, and they picked up the 1st pick. Seattle was the 7th worst, and they got the 2nd.

The NBA draft is nothing like the NFL Draft where the arrangement of picks are going to reflect upon your season record. Thats why they call it the "NBA Draft Lottery". I can't stand ignorant NT'ers like this.

Yeah exactly. Before that toronto got #1 with the 6th worst i think, before that Milwaukee got it with the 6th worst record, i mean we havent had a draftwhere the #1 team got the #1 pick in awhile. and if the Knicks finish with #5 and they desperately need a Beasley or rose and David stern needs the Knicks tobe good for $, no reason that they realistically cant get 1 or 2.

And honestly if we cant get Rose, im all for starting ma boi Nate at the point next year and letting him try and prove himself as a starter. He obviouslycan be very good, he is crazy wuick and athletic, he is strong, very tugh and goes at everyone, hes a pest on D, hr can shoot, and most importantly he keepsworking harder at becoming a true PG. i think Nate would rise to the occasion if we would give him a shot to start.

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
Anyone watching Knicks # 13- Mark Jackson?

I JUST realized Mark Jackson was traded for Charles Smith. OMFG
indifferent.gif
I hate life.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I hate life.

I was watching that I had no idea mark was from bk, I thought he was from queens.

Anybody watching the massacre now though? These N's are useless. I could go to my local pal and find a starting 5 with more heart and skill than theseknicks
smh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I hate life.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Mark was sick as a Knick we could have won a chip if we still had himrunning the point in 04. that 92 Knicks team was one of the best of the 90s. With a young Ewing, Starks, Oak, Mase, and Jackson running the floor with XavierMcDaniel coming off the bench
pimp.gif

and the Knicks suck
sick.gif

Only reason to watch Knicks games now is for Clyde Frazier's commentary.

Anytime he addresses the viewers as "folks" or says one of those big, arcane SAT-level words gets me laughing. It's much appreciated.

Maybe if the Knicks got rid of Zeke, Stern might find it in his heart to make sure the Knicks get a top 2 pick.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Only reason to watch Knicks games now is for Clyde Frazier's commentary.

Anytime he addresses the viewers as "folks" or says one of those big, arcane SAT-level words gets me laughing. It's much appreciated.

speaking of which...
My co worker said Clyde is trash as a color commentator, and so is JVG...He prefers Mike Breen over both
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom