Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

we're not a good team. slightly below average at best. we have individual talent, but as a team we're not very good

the defense was playing well before the huge momentum shift, and Peyton is just great.

When was the last time this team even had a very good run game? It has coincided with our great oline play, and they have been the weak links with the team. Look at how easy the Broncos run block down the Giants throats while the Giants struggle to get a RB to rush for 20 yards.

Last edited:
I would rather see Wilson in now and get some practice blocking and catching instead of Scott back there

I hope they turn it around for next week @ CAR...I will be in attendance :lol: Didn't work out last year when I went to the game in ATL and we didn't score a ******g point :smh:

They should win next week, Carolina is awful. Only one game back because this division sucks :lol:

Broncos are a top team, their lines completely neutralized ours.

Completely missed the game today. Brief rundown why we lost?

I'll assume Eli's 4 picks didn't help matters.

terrible offense in the red zone

tons of miscommunication between the qb and receivers

narrow minded approach with running plays

defense was ok, but they couldn't sustain the hole the offense put them in

0-2
This don't make no sense.

At least the cowboys and everyone else in the division lost...

Last edited:
We had 2 chances to take the lead going into halftime. Rueben Randle fumbled at the goal line and luckily there was a penalty, and Myers clumsy *** tripped and fell where couldve scored. Those happened on the same drive in which Eli threw an interception.

Nicks had an uncharacteristic drop that ended a very good drive.

At the end of the day, we will not win many games averaging 5TOs a game.

Those last two INT's Eli threw was already garbage time and I can understand forcing the issue (even though they were awful), he doesn't seem to care about stats whatsoever. :lol: Way too much pressure on Eli the past few years to do EVERYTHING.

That unlucky INT off the DB's foot that bounced up for grabs seemed to shift the momentum completely.

Giants ran 10 times out of a non-shotgun formation for 10 yards. ... Nine shotgun draws resulted in 13 yards, and the 23-yard rushing game was their worst in 24 years. For a franchise always known for its blue collar defense and running game, it was very painful to watch yesterday. Offensive line looked like kids thrown to the ground vs the Broncos line, and we could not get pressure whatsoever (sound familiar)?

Defense played extremely well the first half and we put up three field goals instead of touchdowns. Teams with excellent OLines rarely have red zone issues, if at all. It's been the story the past few years.

You don't get style points for winning and losing in football, you just get it done. Win the division, and go from there.

Carolina next.

Last edited:
I just hope the offensive line gets it together. People fail to realize how many new faces are in this offense, Scott getting a lot of Carries, this is Wilson's second season, Randle is a 2nd year guy, the offensive line has new faces. Eli has throw a lot of balls to specific spots with no WR's in site because of mis-communication or wrong routes altogether (some which have been picked off).

The interceptions will fix themselves imo, just not sure about the run blocking/protection, can it get any worse than yesterday?

^ I hope Eli does clean up these INT's. At this stage of his career he shouldn't still be having these brain farts. He's better than this. 7 in 2 games is awful.

Eli made a lot of good throws those throws to the TE and Randle should have been touchdowns easily, those int late in the game are not throws Eli would've thrown if the game was close.

Need to just clean things up overall as a team.

RT @JosinaAnderson: The #Giants worked out LB Leroy Hill, LB Jonathan Goff and S Kerry Rhodes today. #NYG

Pass rush def needs to improve, only 5 sacks in their last 7 games :x

Not Giants football, and it's hard to blitz with how weak we are in the middle LB, Paysinger/Rivers/Williams have looked good though.

Nitpicking at this point, defense played well enough to win both games. We need to simplify the offense and reach for first downs to build their confidence back up and keep momentum going. Not every play needs to be a 40 yard pass to nicks and cruz.

Last edited:
Webster doubtful for Sunday

Diehl is out for Sunday which is awful. He and Baas never even had a preseason due to their surgeries, and really need the reps if this line is going to show any signs of improvement.

While I am glad the Giants have addressed their offensive line issues in this past years draft, it's going to be an area they need to continue to improve next year too. Line was been very good the past few years, but it's def showing it's age last few seasons

KC has a very good defsne but their offense stinks, one week at a time.

NFC East is wildly over-rated this season, nobody has looked good in their games except for a few areas here and there, teams are flawed.

Back
Top Bottom