Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Same stuff that really hasn't been said, OLine can't protect (or gets holding penalties constantly), the defensive line is unable to get to the quarterback with 4 guys anymore, it just is not happening anymore.

It's always something new every week, 100+ yards in penalties for the day, and Eli is forcing the issue late in games.

Both lines have to be rebuilt, season is a wash regardless of how bad the division is, what good is the playoffs if you're knocked out in the first round.

DE/OL is priority in next years draft.

I see I didn't miss much after going back to work.
There's just too many holes on this team.

Saints fan, but yes, it felt GREAT to see Romo pull a Romo. I HATE THE COWBOYS. You know what they say about the enemy of my enemy...

I'm pissed. We had that game. Crazy thing is... We're still only 2 games out and plenty of season left. Thursday is a winnable game. I'm not going anywhere.

We are winless and not a good team at all. Let's all just get this year as a a possibility out of our heads. Every team is looking at us like we are easily beatable and we are. Nick Foles lol.

Come on guys, we suck and let's not be delusional here this year. Trenches wins games. We got nothing with Eli running for his life and not giving any damn in the 4th quarters. This fix is not for a couple years. Doesn't get better week by week.

Like I said before, we're done. I'll still watch for fun mostly but I'm not gonna invest too much in this team this year. Way too many holes and too little plugs. Hopefully this opens up managements eyes. We need to put a better team on the field. Playing better will still only take us so far.

You still want to see improvements despite the flaws.

Wilson was looking a lot better at times (Jacobs is the one who fumbled this time). You want to see the turnovers decrease, and not see Eli force the issue when things are not going their way (5 drops yesterday). The interceptions have been coming in bunches.

I want to see the turnovers decrease, and the penalties decrease. Yesterday was difficult to watch, they rarely have 10+ penalties.

We've been spoiled with the pass rush for such a long time, eventually things have to come to an end and you have to get younger again. We cannot get to the QB with 4 guys anymore.

The core won 2 rings, time to build another one.

Last edited:

Wilson was looking a lot better at times (Jacobs is the one who fumbled this time). You want to see the turnovers decrease, and not see Eli force the issue when things are not going their way (5 drops yesterday). The interceptions have been coming in bunches.

I want to see the turnovers decrease, and the penalties decrease. Yesterday was difficult to watch, they rarely have 10+ penalties.

We've been spoiled with the pass rush for such a long time, eventually things have to come to an end and you have to get younger again. We cannot get to the QB with 4 guys anymore.

Holding on to the ball is definitely a concern for Wilson but I'm also skeptical of his vision. He's young so he gets the benefit of the doubt but so far I haven't seen anything that makes me think he could really be a player. Speed isn't enough.

Eli is definitely in yolo mode. The pocket is collapsing way too fast under minimal pressure and he's forcing it out of paranoia at this point into defenses that are dropping back 7 or 8. It's a lose lose situation. Either he can hold onto the ball and take the hits or sling it downfield and pray. Our playcalling showed signs of life yesterday but its still poor. Watching us throw that slant repeatedly made me laugh. It was like we found a new toy. And the run game can't even be called a run game. It's a waste of a down as far as I'm concerned.

Our defense just seems so neutered. Who are our leaders and playmakers?

Holding on to the ball is definitely a concern for Wilson but I'm also skeptical of his vision. He's young so he gets the benefit of the doubt but so far I haven't seen anything that makes me think he could really be a player. Speed isn't enough.

Eli is definitely in yolo mode. The pocket is collapsing way too fast under minimal pressure and he's forcing it out of paranoia at this point into defenses that are dropping back 7 or 8. It's a lose lose situation. Either he can hold onto the ball and take the hits or sling it downfield and pray. Our playcalling showed signs of life yesterday but its still poor. Watching us throw that slant repeatedly made me laugh. It was like we found a new toy. And the run game can't even be called a run game. It's a waste of a down as far as I'm concerned.

Our defense just seems so neutered. Who are our leaders and playmakers?

Tuck seems like he just completely fell off (never was at 100% health w/ those injuries) JPP doesn't look 100% either

giants are ONLY 2 games back....would people say they are done if they are 2-3 and 2 games back? granted they look like trash but they have done this before look very bad and go on a tear.....ending the season 9-2 is not far fetched......i just hope its not 8-8....either win 9 or 4....
we can do it! i'm all in until we are 3 games back....

I'm all in regardless. Thursday I'll be at work with my Giants Nike hoodie on, reppin for game day, nothing's changing... We're only 2 games back. This is the NFL, there's a reason why they line up and play the games. Anything can happen.

In years past we would start strong and then go through a mid to late season almost collapse and then get it together at the right time. I highly doubt we are able to do the opposite this year, especially with what is wrong with the current team.

They have shown virtually nothing and yes, I'll be watching every game no matter but we are one of the worst three teams in the league right now. Gotta face facts and not keep saying after every loss that there is a silver lining since the rest of the division is not good to say the least.

You just backed me on reasons not to give up. Just like we usually have a mid season slump, we could have a mid season turnaround. And I'm not sure if you know how the playoffs work but being only 2 games out and the season not half over, we have a chance to win THIS division. History shows we do no worse than splitting our divisional games. Until we are mathmatically eliminated, we still have a chance. Again, this is the NFL, anything can happen, and usually does. (You see last nights game?)

JPP wont be completely back until next year. He had a type of surgery that needs a 12wk rehab for an "average Joe", dude is a world class athlete that needs 12wks of rehab and additional time for his body to adjust, plus his weight doesnt help either. They need to rotate Demontre Moore in there.

I'm not giving up either, I'm not giving up my tix to see the Seahawks in Dec., I just wish the team showed more. I thought after watching the 1Q the other day was the turn around.

anyone know any sites that you can use to stream past recent games? im not going to be able to catch the game thursday and i want to watch it in class the next day but i dont know any sites that have streams of games from night before

any help?

I didn't expect JPP to be fully ready even while playing, it would tke a whole year after back surgery, and Tuck is just getting older. The Giants are unable to get to the QB.

As for Wilson, it;'s easy to get on his vision, but he has not even had a chance to be successful with this line. All points of contact are occurring behind the LOS, or there are no holes to run through. Guy is explosive when breaking through the gaps, and there are none.

If the team at least had one win I would even say lets go for the division, but they have ZERO and the lines will not improve on a week to week basis so I have to feel skeptical. If Dallas does not win this division they REALLY screwed up this time, you won't even need a .500 record to do it.

Last edited:
You just backed me on reasons not to give up. Just like we usually have a mid season slump, we could have a mid season turnaround. And I'm not sure if you know how the playoffs work but being only 2 games out and the season not half over, we have a chance to win THIS division. History shows we do no worse than splitting our divisional games. Until we are mathmatically eliminated, we still have a chance. Again, this is the NFL, anything can happen, and usually does. (You see last nights game?)

Agreed on all points but I said I highly doubt we do the opposite this year and catch fire all of a sudden for the last 11 games. The chances of us making playoffs are very minimal. No team has ever done it, but yes I will keep a tiny bit of hope until they are mathematically eliminated as you say.

We have the easiest schedule in the league and are still getting manhandled. At 0-5, I just don't see us getting out of this hole at all. This isn't the normal "play like sh*t till we find ourselves" Giants. This is the "We ain't sh*t" Giants. I would love to see them make a run considering we would only need 6 or 7 wins to take the division this year but we're a struggle fest :lol:

How do you all feel about Jerry Reese? Should this be his last year?

I don't agree with getting rid of anybody. If TC wants to be coach next year he deserves a shot at redemption. Reese absolutely needs to stay and also get a shot.

Back
Top Bottom