Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Calm down guys. :lol:

David Wilson is least of my concern. The offensive line look terrible. I dont remember Eli getting sacked this much. When he had time, we marched down the Cowboys throat.

Defense looked good in my opinion. JPP still needs to get in game shape, Joseph was close all night, Tuck and Kiwi was running around, TT looked amazing, Webster actually looked like a NFL CB, and Ross actually did a pretty good job. I believe that Pugh and the Oline will figure it out.

Nicks, Cruz, and Randle = :x

McGahee working out for us. I like it. Need someone until Andre returns, and his status is in question as it is.

McGahee working out for us. I like it. Need someone until Andre returns, and his status is in question as it is.

Jacobs too. I'd rather have Willis though. I hope Wilson gets a chip on his shoulder and comes out like he has something to prove when he gets back on the field.

Calm down guys. :lol:

David Wilson is least of my concern. The offensive line look terrible. I dont remember Eli getting sacked this much. When he had time, we marched down the Cowboys throat.

Defense looked good in my opinion. JPP still needs to get in game shape, Joseph was close all night, Tuck and Kiwi was running around, TT looked amazing, Webster actually looked like a NFL CB, and Ross actually did a pretty good job. I believe that Pugh and the Oline will figure it out.

Nicks, Cruz, and Randle = :x

- It was great seeing TT, Prince, Rolle on the field together, they rarely miss tackles. Having Stevie Brown out there would've been wonderful. The defense was excellent last night.

- Nicks/Cruz/Randle is going to be a problem for opposing teams all year long, just have to hope Nicks stays healthy.

- Wilson is not going to fumble the ball twice a game, it's still a learning process for him and he is an important piece to the offense, guy is explosive.

- Offensive line was very inconsistent yesterday, poor job with the run blocking and the pass protection was there in spurs, hopefully they grow and improve each week.

- Cowboys did not look great last night, pressure was getting to Romo and they hit him HARD esp after throws were made.

@AdamSchefter

Giants will work out former Broncos and Ravens RB Willis McGahee on Tuesday, per source. Workout planned since Friday.

@MikeGarafolo

The Giants will work out RBs tomorrow. The group will include Brandon Jacobs.

Could use some depth since Brown is out, Brown would've had those cxarries when the Giants marched down the field early. Which RB would ya'll prefer?

Now I think about it, I wouldn't mind getting both. They both can block, Jacobs knows our system and if he catches the ball out in the flat or gets moving more than a couple of steps, get out the way.

Cowboys are trash. Romo will get hurt behind that line and Garrett will get fired mid-season. Watch...

Now I think about it, I wouldn't mind getting both. They both can block, Jacobs knows our system and if he catches the ball out in the flat or gets moving more than a couple of steps, get out the way.

Cowboys are trash. Romo will get hurt behind that line and Garrett will get fired mid-season. Watch...

I like Mcgahee more than Jacobs. Both are injury prone, but I like how Willis runs more.

Michael Turner is the worst.

I felt like throwing something through the TV after not scoring after running back that INT.

Once he was stopped at the 2 yard line I immediately said that they would not score 7 here. This group has to be one of the worst short yardage teams in the league, and it begins with the run blocking.

Pugh looked pretty solid for his first game, thrown right into the fire and had only one missed assignment.

these idiots cowboy stans are really reveling over the fact that they barely won a game against a team that had 6 turnovers

a whole lot of stupid there

Who cares, it's week 1. Game is over.

Need to see how things transpire with the backup RB situation and taking care of business at home vs Denver.

Few games after week 2 (before the bye):
@ Panthers
@ Chiefs
Eagles (home)
@ Bears
Vikings (home)
@ Eagles
Raiders (home)

Even if they lose next week, they still have some winnable games at home and could come out with a winning record after the first 9 games.

Would love a sweep of the Eagles, can't let them off the hook like last season.

Michael Turner is the worst.
Once he was stopped at the 2 yard line I immediately said that they would not score 7 here. This group has to be one of the worst short yardage teams in the league, and it begins with the run blocking.

Pugh looked pretty solid for his first game, thrown right into the fire and had only one missed assignment.

After all these years, and we have the same Red Zone issues. **** is frustrating.

I like Jacobs because he's big, knows our system and can block. I also think McGhee is still a good RB and better than Jacobs. Either or both are fine with me. Bye Da'rel Scott

- I have to admit our receiving core looks great! Staying healthy is the key
-Eli w/ a couple brain farts & we still had a chance to win it.
-I read somewhere that Andre brown should be back after the BYE week. Hopefully Wilson can get his **** together
-Defense didn't look too bad
-Props to Terrell Thomas for making the team and actually having an impact. Idk about his coverage skills but he rarely misses a tackle.
-Looking forward to te rest of the season!

Issue with Jacobs is that the last two years it looked like he was running in mud, always fell down after first contact, and that was 3-4 years ago. He CAN run block though and knows the system, so he could be useful in passing situations and/or play action.

They said Jacobs is in great shape and knows the entire Playbook.

They're also saying they might checkout Joe McKnight. I don't want another small backup RB. Jacobs or McGhee, that's it.

I'm sitting here at work right now, arguing with these Cowboys fan idiots... They think they did something. Now I gotta buy this chick lunch for losing a bet.

Back
Top Bottom