Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Are ds tassie worth 350?? How much are they going for now a days?
I got mine in April of this year for $270ish shipped, size 8.5. Prices (feebay) have gone up after the tassie tiger release. Haven't checked other groups/forums for prices after I bought mine though.

Has anyone hit up the New Balance stores around the bay area in Cali? Do they have any good stock? I am enjoying the fantasy that I can walk in somewhere near my house and buy the surplus pack! Great post moshepark. I want the whole damn pack now.

Phantaci NB1

hey NB folks.

after i received the m577lbt yesterday (the retro of the m577rb) here's a short comparison. i know the comparison is a tny bit flawed because i compare them with my og 577nb, but nonetheless i guess its a fair one bc the other retro released together with the lbt is the 577nb retro... so here we go. first a few pictures, afterwards a couple of words to the materials.

577lbt without shoe trees and laced. First impression: pretty nice materials when compared to most of the recent 577s. and yes, besides suede i'm a sucker for smooth leather, so i might be biased here :wink:

front and back...

medial side. and i guess you already see what the shape is all about... 
eyes.gif

to get a better look at the toebox etc. to be fair, the left pair seems to be a little bit more 'off' than the right pair and i wasn't be able to compare them with other retro pairs. maybe i had bad luck.

now with shoe trees. and yes, they look much better. maybe the 'banana toebox' will wear off with time.

now three  shots together with the OG (two with shoe tree, one without)

now a couple of words about the materials:
leather: the OG leather definitely has a smoother haptic while the retro leather is stiffer. for example the tongue (which indeed is a little bit longer in the retro and OG than in other recent 577) will need a little bit time to wear in, because its quite hard right now. same is true for the lining, which is softer in the OG pair. but might simply be due to the fact that i already wore the OG pair...

suede panels e.g. toebox (i'm not even sure if it is real suede tbh): suede on the OG is 'rougher', nappier. but i guess it's kind of subjective what is better.

shape: everyone should evaluate for himself i would say. compared to the OG there's quite a difference. i think you can see that in the pictures, no matter if with or without the shoe trees. compared to other recent 577 its quite ok, especially with shoe trees (might have to do some on feet shots later on). i believe the main cause for the 'banana' shape of the toebox is the sole unit. as you can see on the pictures it's kind of curved. maybe after i worn them in the shape will be better.

conclusion: material wise, and especially when compared to most of the recent drops, it's a real good retro. even though everybody should know that no retro ever will be as good as the OG :wink: personally i'm happy that icould finally score a pair of the '577rb' without worrying about the sole unit or the price. regarding the price: for retail: not sure if i would have bought, even though i searched for a pair of the OGs quite some time. but retail is pretty steep for a 577 here in Europe as well. on discount: must cop, especially if you like smooth leather NBs and 577s!

Back
Top Bottom