Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

A little late Happy #OCF

PS anybody elses Boston 998 from the rivalry pack starting to get a little squeaky?

A little late Happy #OCF

PS anybody elses Boston 998 from the rivalry pack starting to get a little squeaky?
Yes mine are too, but I've worn them to the point of Being border line beaters. Less than impressed w the way the suede reacted to wear. 5-6 wears and my perf toe box looked like I had played a season of basketball in em. Love the shoe and execution of the theme, but yeah, squeaky.

j crew has the midnight moons 25% off right now.

Thanks man! $148.10 to ship to me is too hard to pass up! REPPED!!

Edit: Also wore these tonight. Let me jus say #TeamCozy

Last edited:
Anyone know if any retailers will getting more of the surplus pack, 991.5s specifically?
every retailer should have released them on 3 Sep.

unless a store decides to put their instore inventory online i doubt there'll be anymore to drop.

resell via auction sites or FB would be your most likely way to go

anyone have a pic of the nb1 castle rock plastic piece/lace piece? compared to the silver they have on nb1?

also anyone know if the 998dpho getting a gr? should i pick up at retail or will they hit disco? not seeing many places drop them.

Last edited:
Paid $40 for these made in USA joints
Nice pickup! On the hunt for these at a discount myself.
Anyone know if any retailers will getting more of the surplus pack, 991.5s specifically?
My local New Balance store has them, FSR... I have an entire post dedicated to my visit there this morning that I'm working on. I'll post pics in a few when I get a chance. If you need me to proxy I probably could, but I think retail is pretty steep.

My local New Balance store has them, FSR... I have an entire post dedicated to my visit there this morning that I'm working on. I'll post pics in a few when I get a chance. If you need me to proxy I probably could, but I think retail is pretty steep.

My closest new balance store is a couple of hours away unfortunately :/

Has anyone in here been to the nb factory store in jersey gardens recently? Thinking about taking a trip tomorrow morning and wanted to know if it was worth it.

So, this morning I had a chance to visit the "New Balance Global Flagship Boston Landing" store in Brighton. It's actually kind of hidden but it's a minute drive from the Factory Store in Brighton. NB is touting it as its first flagship store in the U.S. (second in the world). I talked with the employees and it's only been open for about two months now. Not sure if anyone else in the thread has had a chance to visit. If any of you are ever in Boston, I'd highly recommend it. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

One of the things I've always lamented about New Balance's shop in Copley was its limited selection. It seemed they always got shafted when it came to big releases (though they did have a few major ones like the 1300JPs and some collaborations, usually their GR selection was really limited). The employees of the store told me that this store would get pretty much every freaking release. This makes me very happy.

One of the highlights of visiting was this cool little hub they have in the middle of their store. It's their "NB1" station, I think. They actually make shoes in house in that glass encasing, which is awesome.

They even produced their own 574s, exclusive to this location (they made 40 something of each pair and they are available to purchase). Here are some pictures of the 574s:

They've got all the latest miUSA releases including the Horween joints. I was especially impressed with the light brown 998s and the black 1300s in person. 

I also saw these 996 joints I'd never seen before. They are a navy blue nubuck with the same camo pattern found on the 997DPAs. 

But the highlight of the whole dang store was the Surplus Pack, prominently displayed next to their miUSA collection. Someone on here said that it's hard to describe the fantastic quality on these. I have to agree. I can't say enough about them, I really was floored. I'm actually expecting the 670s to arrive sometime today. But, after seeing these in person, I think I'm actually going to try and cop three more pairs (575s, 577s and the 1500s) - I was that impressed with them. If you guys have a chance, do yourselves a favor and purchase a pair. They're all amazing in hand.

Here are some pictures of the Surplus Pack, as if you guys haven't seen them enough already:

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics! Boston heads, make sure to visit. It's really nice seeing these sneakers in person and not just  online, lol.

Also, if anyone needs a proxy for any of these pairs and are willing to pay the retail price, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can do. When I was there this morning they said they have most (if not all) still available for each pair. 

Last edited:
So, this morning I had a chance to visit the "New Balance Global Flagship Boston Landing" store in Brighton. It's actually kind of hidden but it's a minute drive from the Factory Store in Brighton. NB is touting it as its first flagship store in the U.S. (second in the world). I talked with the employees and it's only been open for about two months now. Not sure if anyone else in the thread has had a chance to visit. If any of you are ever in Boston, I'd highly recommend it. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

One of the things I've always lamented about New Balance's shop in Copley was its limited selection. It seemed they always got shafted when it came to big releases (though they did have a few major ones like the 1300JPs and some collaborations, usually their GR selection was really limited). The employees of the store told me that this store would get pretty much every freaking release. This makes me very happy.

One of the highlights of visiting was this cool little hub they have in the middle of their store. It's their "NB1" station, I think. They actually make shoes in house in that glass encasing, which is awesome.

They even produced their own 574s, exclusive to this location (they made 40 something of each pair and they are available to purchase). Here are some pictures of the 574s:

They've got all the latest miUSA releases including the Horween joints. I was especially impressed with the light brown 998s and the black 1300s in person. 

I also saw these 996 joints I'd never seen before. They are a navy blue nubuck with the same camo pattern found on the 997DPAs. 

But the highlight of the whole dang store was the Surplus Pack, prominently displayed next to their miUSA collection. Someone on here said that it's hard to describe the fantastic quality on these. I have to agree. I can't say enough about them, I really was floored. I'm actually expecting the 670s to arrive sometime today. But, after seeing these in person, I think I'm actually going to try and cop three more pairs (575s, 577s and the 1500s) - I was that impressed with them. If you guys have a chance, do yourselves a favor and purchase a pair. They're all amazing in hand.

Here are some pictures of the Surplus Pack, as if you guys haven't seen them enough already:

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics! Boston heads, make sure to visit. It's really nice seeing these sneakers in person and not just  online, lol.

Also, if anyone needs a proxy for any of these pairs and are willing to pay the retail price, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can do. When I was there this morning they said they have most (if not all) still available for each pair. 

Quality post.

I actually stopped in when I was home visiting for a friend's wedding a few months ago. Very impressive as was their new headquarters from what I could tell.

It's great to see they're finally giving Boston the quality store they deserve being the brand's hometown. The Copley store is great but small and limited selection.

Looking forward to dropping in again when I'm back home next month. Hopefully adding a trip to Fenway for some postseason action as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom