Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

This is a pretty general question you're asking... There are specific models that are predominantly USA made, some UK, some mixed put together from Asia factories... There are OG releases on the same models that are from the different countries, recent ones that are now from Asia factories.

Refer to this chart for some general idea and ask something more specific and you'll get more specific responses.

http://niketalk.com/t/158096/official-new-balance-thread/9000#post_17335930

I'm just trynna ask about the difference between the models.  Kinda like how people ask about the difference between AM 90s and AM 1s.  Yes, there aren't too many NBs around me, which is why I am asking.  I am just asking for genuine input, that's all.  I'm not asking for hype, but for people that have bought NBs time and time again, aren't they capable of telling the differences and what not?  
that chart is the best we can offer you. check out what model you are interested in, lets say 577 (UK). it says 50% say run small so probably go with the 11 if you're unsure.

personally I think usa have more room, uk less, and asia more true, but I still wear the same size in everything..

that chart is the best we can offer you. check out what model you are interested in, lets say 577 (UK). it says 50% say run small so probably go with the 11 if you're unsure.

personally I think usa have more room, uk less, and asia more true, but I still wear the same size in everything..
thanks. most of the shops here don't carry NB. we have the major retailers like FL, CHAMPS, so not really much NB.  I'm looking at people's pictures and trying to decide something conclusively. thanks

Thank you for taking the time.  I don't know if I am considered wide, but I suppose so.  I know there's a difference in terms of looks, but would like some guidance and suggestion with feel and comfort.

Dress Shoes: 10.5

AJ 3, V: 10.5
AM 90: 11

AM 1: 10.5

Nike Lunar: 10.5

Dunks: 11

I am in the 10.5-11 range.
It really depends on personal taste and preferences. We don't 'really know what you look for in a sneaker so asking a general question like that is definitely genuinely difficult to answer. Some folks go for the models design, some folks love the comfort in specific models, some folks love the materials, some folks love the hype/og status/new tech whatever... its tough to gauge because its all on personal preference.

I can give you my opinion on my favorite models, I value 1. comfort 2. looks 3. materials. If hype follows so be it, but those are usually my own personal preferences. Going by that, the classic 990's are my favorite. The comfort is extremely out of the world for me since I'm on my feet most of the day and walking about and the such so it's perfect for me. I love the materials, the simple colors, it's a very subtle easy lifestyle sneaker that goes with everything for me and doesn't scream instant attention or distraction when I'm at work.

I also love the 998's, and 1500's, they're more aggressive, pretty comfortable as well but for me they just a bit more rigid for what I do on a daily.

Love 997's now, I havent experienced them personally in the past but they're my new favorite side by side with the 990's for the same reason but with a splash of the 998's aggressive styling.

1300's, 577's, 996's, 576, 574 all are similar to me. They're almost bare bone no frills, but have a ton of colors, and pretty good materials. They're not super cushy or firm, but they're just a sneaker. They go with whatever you want and they're an easy wear.

Most of those models other then the 574's carry a heavier price tag. If you squirm at prices of J's being released, know that these NB's which are also general releases that start from 140 upwards. I usually wait for discounts and promos on most NB releases, but some GR's disappear quick depending on your sizing. So you can't wait too long or it becomes a hassle to track down.

I generally size down .5 from my Nike's other then the Flyknits, which I stick to the same size as my NB's.

You can PM me if you want my opinion on the fit/feel/materials compared to Nike's, Asics, Saucony, Reeboks, Adidas, whatever... I dabble in everything, lol. This is long winded enough from me. Anyways that's my personal input on models I've had experienced with. It's going to be different for everyone...

Last edited:

thanks. most of the shops here don't carry NB. we have the major retailers like FL, CHAMPS, so not really much NB.  I'm looking at people's pictures and trying to decide something conclusively. thanks
You have to search for your local boutqiues and the likes. Most of those chain retail places only carry the super general releases, lower priced tier models like the 574's and the various other current lines you can find everywhere. Hell, even the New Balance stores usually only carry those too.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time.  I don't know if I am considered wide, but I suppose so.  I know there's a difference in terms of looks, but would like some guidance and suggestion with feel and comfort.

sounds like your sizing might be similar to mine. If u wear 11 on nike sig basketball like KD LEBRON AND KOBE id go with 11 for NB

Hope everyone is doing well, my once in a while contribution here for some color. :D

On my Li'l one's feet:

My son trying to outdo his Mom :lol:

Wifey:

On me:

Last edited:

Easiest solution: Order some 1300's, 998's or 999's in 10.5 and 11 from Zappos. They offer free shipping and free returns. See which fits best and go from there.

Like someone else already mentioned, I wear an 11 across all New Balance models whether they are US, UK or Asian made.

Man, I was afraid of that! My tannery mints do the same, it's like walking in glass with them lol. That light suede is definitely high maintenance. Still a beautiful GR, need to grab mine soon.
You just further justified and heightened my fear of unDSing my Tanneries, lol. Dammit. 

my db 998's are my beaters and the colors have faded to the point it looks closer to the pool blues. wish i could find another pair of those db's i loved that shade of blue.

Back
Top Bottom