Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The black, brown and white colour combo is the theme of the punching bags and boxing gloves kind of theme, i actually grew on them, the more i rocked them. Gum soles actually give me a slight of problem when i walked on slippery grounds. In all , some people think the shoes are mono-tone, dull CW. But after wearing them a few more times, i like them rugged feeling.

Yea, Asian made 577, The shape looks off, however when you wear them, it give them the original look/shape of a 577. 

I'm glad you like them. The theme and concept is dope, but I think most people don't like the color combination/panels. This seems to be the case for the Daytona's as well.

: )

try as you might, even with the "inspiration", that c/w is trash. 

Edit: those NK 1600s are fire, and that tongue looks interesting.

like a marbled 3m or something to mimic the ocean tide. 

Shots fired

Last edited:
favorites this year, still working on getting some of these

1. c-notes - liked these a lot more than the mints but mints are still pretty nice

2. jcrew pebble blues

3. daytonas

4. hyprcats - although I think I like the inspiration more than the shoe lol

5. autobahn pack

would you guys say there's more toe room in the 998 compared to the 1600 or vice versa? I'm like in between a 12 and 13 in the 998.. 12 is kinda snug, 13 has some extra room in the front lol. trying to figure out if I can get away with a 12 in the 1600

imgur.com

Thank you.

try as you might, even with the "inspiration", that c/w is trash. 

Edit: those NK 1600s are fire, and that tongue looks interesting.

like a marbled 3m or something to mimic the ocean tide. 

Shots fired

hdM394k.gif

Last edited:
trash is pretty harsh. i liked the jou louis, it's a clean shoe. i passed on it for a couple of other releases, but i thought it was a nice clean shoe. made in uk would've been better just as the americana's (ironic name for a shoe made in asia)

top '13 in nb collab and gr for me

tannery mints

c-notes

all the 990's

np 1500's tans

country fairs

americanas

daytonas

honorable mention to a handful of the gr 998's, pebbles, gnr, ro, mb.

grabbed a few 1300's in '13 but was slightly underwhelmed by their colors. '14 looks promising for the 1300's though.

996, the color pack was nice.

all in all i'd say nb put out a lot of great kicks this year. still salty about missing out on the grey 990's... 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Trash is a mean word, but I do agree BuddhaChris' feelings about Joe Louis NB though. It's too monotone and plain. I wouldn't buy it even if it was under $100. There are just way better shoes out there for me to wear with the outfit I'd wear with Joe Louis NB.

Last edited:
For me the biggest problem with them was not changing up the materials, going with all plain black leather on the toe was rather boring. Quality of the leather is nice in person.

I'm glad you like them. The theme and concept is dope, but I think most people don't like the color combination/panels. This seems to be the case for the Daytona's as well.
: )
Shots fired

I got the Daytonas as well and it has not arrived yet. But i like the colourway though and it represents a memory of RF as well. :D I'm an Asian, so i don't mind the asian made 577s or 1600s or 998s or what. Just hate those asian made 574s, cos it hurts my leg like a b*tch! LOL

Similar list to everyone else. It's also been said many times but cncpts really killed it in 2013.

1. Cnote/mints
2. Autobahn night
3. Tassie's
4. Americana
5. JCrew Pebble Blue

For me Tassies are all about the colourway: Purple is easily my favourite colour and with Purple Devils being nigh impossible to obtain, picking tge Tassies up was really a no brainer to me.
same. i think part of the reason it's absent from peoples lists is that it didnt see a US release, and prices were ridiculous, so not many people got a chance to give them a look.
i hate that it's asian made, but man the colorway was just on point. im a sucker for purple.
the tannery was an interesting colorway as well

My top 5 would be 5 pairs of C-Notes :lol: IMO no other colorways come close. But Tannerys, autobahn nights, autobahn days, and hyper cats would round out my top 5 for real.

Anyone else notice 1600's popping up in their local Foot Locker?

I saw two pairs last night (red and blue). It definitely took me by surprise.

Top pickups for me:

1. 998 Cnote
2. 577 Autobahn Nights
3. 998 Pebble Blue
4. 1600 Daytona
5. 998 BR

I'm looking for a NB with "sandy" colors like brown, beige etc

I had a crush on C-Note but now they're overpriced so...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom