Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For all those who have/had NB 999, 998, 1600 & MT580 can you guys put them in order interms of which one has the most heel cushioning.  I currently own about 7 MT580s and 2 1600 models but have found on a long day the 1600 feels quite a bit harder on the heel than the mt580.

I love the forefoot cushioning on the 1600 but kind of disappointed in the heel end of the shoe. The reason I ask is because I am thinking about grabbing a few pairs of 998 or 999 and wanted your opinions on the heel performance compared to the other models I already have. Any insight to these models would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

anybody seen any pebble blue 998s in jcrew B&M stores lately? Slept on them and can't find them anymore. They're also not online anymore.

When did these drop? Anyone know?

They look so clean. I need an 11

OH SNAPS U LACED SWITCHED THEM.

IM DEBATING KEEPING MY EXTRA PAIR IDK. I LOVE THE CURRYS BUT I ALSO GET PISSED CUZ IT REMINDS ME HOW I SOLD MY AM1 CURRYS A FEW YEARS BACK.

RANDOM RANT.

Were any of the Anniversary 990's ever on sale? Grey, Burgundy or Navy? Not looking for the black joints.

Does anyone know where I can scoop the Navy's still, in size 10/10.5? Thanks y'all!

I believe the navy's were on sale at some point. Burgundy has also been on a couple sites that have had sales and whatnot. Check ebay as well.

Burgundy 990s will undoubtedly be on sale at zappos. Give it some time--both the navy and black joints both hit $125 eventually. I think the navys even went down to $105 in a few bigger sizes.

Speaking of which, is the "N" on the black joints 3M?

Burgundy 990s will undoubtedly be on sale at zappos. Give it some time--both the navy and black joints both hit $125 eventually. I think the navys even went down to $105 in a few bigger sizes.

Speaking of which, is the "N" on the black joints 3M?

This. patiently waiting for zappos :nthat: got my navy 990 there for under 110.

Last edited:
Just a head's up, as stated on an earlier post the Jcrew 1400 evergreen & corks are additional 40% off from $119.  I went to my local store and grabbed the evergreen for about $78.  Seems like there are a lot of sizes available.

Just a head's up, as stated on an earlier post the Jcrew 1400 evergreen & corks are additional 40% off from $119.  I went to my local store and grabbed the evergreen for about $78.  Seems like there are a lot of sizes available.

did you ? My j crew told me that sale does not apply to third party items new balance, nike ect... im going later tonight to check out the evergreens in person.

did you ? My j crew told me that sale does not apply to third party items new balance, nike ect... im going later tonight to check out the evergreens in person.
That's what they told me at first but I insisted that their website said "in-store & online" so the sales associate called their CS and verified.  So it ended up $78+ including tax.

That's what they told me at first but I insisted that their website said "in-store & online" so the sales associate called their CS and verified.  So it ended up $78+ including tax.

o ok. I will try that instore, but online it states that its not valid on third party branded merchandise. This is the SALE terms from the website.

*Offer valid on the purchase of final sale items in J.Crew stores and at jcrew.com from July 24, 2013, 12:01am ET through August 4, 2013, 11:59pm ET. Offer not valid in the 769 Madison Avenue store, the Liquor Store, the Ludlow Shops, J.Crew Factory stores, at jcrewfactory.com or on phone orders. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards and cannot be redeemed for cash. Offer not valid on Wallace & Barnes merchandise and third-party branded merchandise. In-store discount automatically applied at the register. To redeem online, enter code STYLE40 in the promo code box at checkout. Limit one promo code per order. All sales are final. No exchanges or returns. Offer valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Terms of offer are subject to change. 

About to pull the trigger on 2 colorways of the 420s from the Herschel pack. How do they fit? Size up 0.5?

I can't find a size 9 in the corks anywhere :/

Back
Top Bottom