Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For all of those discount chains the trick is being consistent and going on a regular basis. Maybe pop in once or twice every week. Eventually, you will find something you want.

Yeah I didn't realize until after the fact that I bought a 2E, but I can't imagine that'll make a big difference.

$40 @ Burlington
M998ME.jpeg

The Burlington scores are awesome.

I was inspired by those posts, so this afternoon I decided to check out my local Marshall's & Burlington. These particular stores have been pretty good to me in the past - M770NP (Norse Projects), a 996, some 1300s, 1400s, M574BOX...plus a load of boost and some decent Asics. Hoping they'd bring me luck, I wore the aforementioned 770s.

Total fail. The NB selection was spectacularly weak. Marshall's had a bunch of boost, like some 93/17s, i-5923s, and a FSR of those winter NMD_XR1s (in multiple colors). But nothing particularly interesting to me.

That said - in my experience, the secret with these stores is just to keep going back, over and over and over. It might take ten trips, but eventually you'll find a gem or two. So, I guess I'll be heading back later in the week.

Before I order,
1) any discount codes that will apply?
2) would my local j crew have in store?

1.) Only if the J. Crew "glitch" happens when they do a sale and forget to exclude them. As of now, they are excluded from any discounts.
2.) Typically the stores in bigger cities (NY, San Francisco) get them in store, but maybe try calling your local store and see if they're getting them. If you're worried about sizing, just order two sizes and return the non-fitting pair in store.

Looks like they fixed the toepuff on the 1400. I’m now curious to see these in person. The pair with the white midsole is clean.

Just went to 2 Marshals today and neither of them had much at all. Might be able to try another one tomorrow, but I kinda think I’m over it lol. I may as well save my personal time and just pay the difference. Oh well......

So, I’m just gonna throw this out there because it was a while ago, so if they are no longer looking just ignore it. Someone in here asked for the triple black 990s for less than $100, I believe. Well, DTLR/Villa has them for $69.98 in size 11 and 13

i raid my local ross, marshalls, burlington, etc on a weekly basis
found so many gems over the years. it might only be like 3 or 4 pairs per year, but still worth going frequently
the ones here in the city get rinsed often and sometimes the suburbs ones have gems that sit around

last week i found a co.jp 1400 BKS in 8.5

The new j crew 1400's are weak. Top pair is the same as the black with the gum bottom they did a couple of years ago only difference is this one's blue. Seems like they are running out of ideas. May grab that all blue one on the bottom once they drop to about $50 or $60 bucks just like the other 1400's I grabbed from them LOL

i raid my local ross, marshalls, burlington, etc on a weekly basis
found so many gems over the years. it might only be like 3 or 4 pairs per year, but still worth going frequently
the ones here in the city get rinsed often and sometimes the suburbs ones have gems that sit around

last week i found a co.jp 1400 BKS in 8.5
Facts ayear and a half ago I bought the made in USA 585 blue and grey for $35 bucks and the Ricardo tisci dunk lux chukkas for $50 from Burlington.

Ok guys it isn’t funny anymore, I’m going to just take a pic of my FEB and say I got them at Burlington for $40. Might have to make it the new joke in this thread :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom