Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone know where to find these NB x Concepts Varsity (Burgundy) 998? Need size 10 but can't find anywhere...
If anybody comes across one please lmk!
Also, just got pair of C-Notes for $360 shipped on Stockx... decent price?

s-l1600.jpg

I would just use the "NB Burgundy" on the current color wheel and make it perf toe with a better sole option imo..

IMG_20180131_191934_7237.jpg

today : 997dslr ...leather combo
:pimp:

9ie5fp.jpg

Snagged the Crater Lakes -- I'll try to take proper pics this weekend.

I actually went down in size for these (went with sz 9.5 in Crater Lakes, was 10 in Death Valleys). I'm usually a 10 in all New Balances, but 9.5 fit perfect....it was weird

I feel like adidas sizing can be all over the place and hope that NBs don't go down that path!

34owmk7.jpg

Last edited:
:pimp:

9ie5fp.jpg

Snagged the Crater Lakes -- I'll try to take proper pics this weekend.

I actually went down in size for these (went with sz 9.5 in Crater Lakes, was 10 in Death Valleys). I'm usually a 10 in all New Balances, but 9.5 fit perfect....it was weird

I feel like adidas sizing can be all over the place and hope that NBs don't go down that path!

34owmk7.jpg

Nice pick up and look forward to some more pics. I always size down in 998s. But stay TTS in say 1500s

Here are some shots of mine.

ohwussup ohwussup - your kicks are legit as far as I can tell. Don't let the label trip you up- I've seen plenty of NB boxes with the thinner font (none on I own but I've seen it plenty of times when hunting for kicks at the NB outlet here).

As for the flimsy toe box- my pair came with that exact same problem as well where one pair had a flimsy looking toe box. Could just be a QC issue. As an FYI, I bought my pair directly from SNS.

As for the stain- did your pair come with the suede dust bag? There were reports all over IG about that dustbag jacking up the suede on pairs. My pair came stained and so I actually contacted SNS and they gave me a refund that bought my total down to $115. Some professional sneaker cleaner like SneakersER should do the trick, honestly. Soap and water probably isn't gonna cut it for this.

same problem on my left shoe. haven't seen fake v4 yet .

Thanks guys. The box with the thin font + the loose mesh made me worried because my SR4 mesh is not like that. Anyone else might have any input or seen a fake v4? Scared to wear mine until I'm 100% sure it's good.

Yeah it came with the dust bag, I asked the shop to ship it separately lol, the damage must've been done already. I tried Shoe MGK and scrubbed the midsole a ton but that stain ain't going anywhere! I don't even want to try and touch the suede part.

edit:
1500bgg $109 before ship
https://www.notre-shop.com/collections/new-balance/products/m1500bg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The box with the thin font + the loose mesh made me worried because my SR4 mesh is not like that. Anyone else might have any input or seen a fake v4? Scared to wear mine until I'm 100% sure it's good.

Yeah it came with the dust bag, I asked the shop to ship it separately lol, the damage must've been done already. I tried Shoe MGK and scrubbed the midsole a ton but that stain ain't going anywhere! I don't even want to try and touch the suede part.

edit:
1500bgg $109 before ship
What boutique did you get them from?

edit:
1500bgg $109 before ship

The mesh pattern on your pair looks slightly different from squizzy3000 squizzy3000 's pair. Maybe it's the lighting or could they be b-grades? Top is yours.

IMG_4205.PNG IMG_4206.PNG

Spilled some coffee on the mesh toe of one of my 1500s. Was pretty surprised to see that just some cold water on a towel did the job instantly. Always thought coffee was tough to remove
NB using that top quality stain resistant mesh.

also, tempted to grab that bgg but color palettes resemble my sp.

89522671-0A28-4A5B-9C16-78D6E8A379DB.jpeg
90642774-A433-4772-B97B-16CEC186B2EB.jpeg

^^^ I don’t know if those are necessarily legit or not, but here is my pair for comparison... lighting is dim in my crib thou. Hope it helps!!

Back
Top Bottom