Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

My parents wear the same shoes I have because I buy them all their shoes. OG Flyknit trainers, lunars, fk Chukkas, roshe, mayflys. So if wearing what your dad or Mom wears is bad I’m screwed.

Ultimately it’s how you carry yourself. I assume most of us here don’t dress like a stereotypical 60 yr old...If that same dude was wearing kakkerlaks or salmon soles with those ratty sweatpants he probably won’t look too good either. I’ve seen dudes with 2-3k in clothing and like 5 different brands and patterns with some yeezys on thinking they look nice haha

Agreed, by themselves they appear like grandpa shoes to me but styled by those who share similar interests or styles/brands I like and they look killer. I wasn’t necessarily saying seeing older folk wearing them are the absolute reason I can’t get down with them. It’s just ironic I get that close to pulling the trigger and that happens to me.

And shout out to @moshepark and anyone else styling their dads in NBs. My family is so out of the loop they see the “N” on my pairs and say “nice Nikes”.

Just received a pair of unworn 10+ years old 1500, I am wondering if I should do a sole swap. I've walked around indoor with it for an hour and it seems like it is holding up alright.

It never fails that when I'm on the verge of convincing myself the 990v4s aren't grandpa shoes, I see a 60 year old dude in ratty sweatpants and a Steve & Barry's pleather jacket in a pair of greys. I just can't get down with the v4s.

Completely different feel and vibe, IMO. The Concepts v2s are the best pair of NBs to come out this year for me.

the 60 year old guy that's wearing the v4 was wearing the v2 in 1998. same shoe to him

2981FD0D-7603-4FB4-9599-FAFF608E7572.jpeg

Undeadstocked these beauties today. Happy #ocf everyone!

I know everyone keeps calling the the 990v4 a grandpa shoe but I don't plan on wearing shoes with laces when I'm 65. I'm definitely going with these triple black hook and loop 577 heaters:

577FW.jpg

when i wanna be fashionable i'm gonna bust out the creams

also i'm probably going to get some of these factory seconds from joe's outlet next time they're like 20 bucks or whatever

What code?!? :nerd: Break it down for me homie. :nthat:

Yesterday the email for the NB1 points redemption went out and you had to go into the site or the app to redeem 8k points. once you redeem the email confirmation you get is supposed to have the code to use at checkout for the free pair. If you don't see it in the email, go to the points dashboard and scroll down to your redemption activity to grab the code they sent you. thats pretty much it. when they did this in july they had a limited number of freebies, so if you didnt redeem yesterday, you're probably SOL. if you go to the dashboard and dont see that option for 8k, they're probably all allocated.

even though the email shows a pic of the 300 model, it works on any of the nb1 models.

Yesterday the email for the NB1 points redemption went out and you had to go into the site or the app to redeem 8k points. once you redeem the email confirmation you get is supposed to have the code to use at checkout for the free pair. If you don't see it in the email, go to the points dashboard and scroll down to your redemption activity to grab the code they sent you. thats pretty much it. when they did this in july they had a limited number of freebies, so if you didnt redeem yesterday, you're probably SOL. if you go to the dashboard and dont see that option for 8k, they're probably all allocated.

even though the email shows a pic of the 300 model, it works on any of the nb1 models.
Does the email say how long it will be available for?

Does the email say how long it will be available for?

Nothing about length of time, but last time they had it available till they ran out. I was in the same position as you last july...just a couple hundred points away and by the time i earned enough by the end of the week, CS said all of them were given out. Been savign my points since, in case they offered this again

614AEDA3-E7E2-492D-8056-97048ECFFF93.jpeg
These mi574 are up on NB site. Would consider but the N is too prominent with the black on black.

These are quite clean. I wish they had an option for perf suede on the NB1 pairs. Can't wait to get mine in. They will decide if I buy more 574 or notStill haven't heard about the pair I ordered yet

Nothing about length of time, but last time they had it available till they ran out. I was in the same position as you last july...just a couple hundred points away and by the time i earned enough by the end of the week, CS said all of them were given out. Been savign my points since, in case they offered this again
About to buy something and hopefully bump my points over in time for the free nb1

Back
Top Bottom