Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

is it old timers day in here today or something?? No disrespect, but I don't know how u dudes rock these grandpa models
'old man' is most definitely a style. cardigans, tweed, wallabees, etc. not everyone wants to look like a barbie doll. style is about how you carry yourself not what you're wearing. it's how you wear it. anti-fashion is a style. also quick disclaimer i don't rock cardigans or tweed but yes i am 9 years older than dave east hahaha

Last edited:
So anyone from across the pond went instore to check or even purchase?

TTS? And looking at the price point these probably are made in china right..?

i peeped the tongue and doesn't say miUK. re: sizing, from newbalance365's post regarding the nappy suede 520s:
"i tried on 520 the other day..fits and feels almost exactly like 420 or 455 or 770"

Maybe made in Asia but the quality looks on point. Everything I'm seeing on IG is pointing to the fact that the leather quality on these is fantastic. I don't think miAsia is always a bad thing. In the case of the 9975 Concepts made in USA seems to indicate overpriced synthetic leather.

i peeped the tongue and doesn't say miUK. re: sizing, from newbalance365's post regarding the nappy suede 520s:
"i tried on 520 the other day..fits and feels almost exactly like 420 or 455 or 770"

Do you think TTS works then? As I do not have either of those ref models.

Today
IMG_0495.JPG

Among the 990v4 the nyrr definitely catch my attention. Suede looks really good. Can i only cop at full price at nb.com? Anyone notice cheaper option?

'old man' is most definitely a style. cardigans, tweed, wallabees, etc. not everyone wants to look like a barbie doll. style is about how you carry yourself not what you're wearing. it's how you wear it. anti-fashion is a style. also quick disclaimer i don't rock cardigans or tweed but yes i am 9 years older than dave east hahaha
Average joe: oh u wear new balance you old man
Me wearing 997: this is the most fashionable nb. U have no idea.

Joe wearing 997: u wear 990v4 u old pa
Me: who care? Different folks, different stokes

jeans with NB just adds to the "dad fit" label, IMO
Lol I like people tryin to give label to others.
rocking NB with Jeans so will get a dad fit label and the next day wear some air max 95 or 97 with sweatpants and will get the thug/thief teenager fit label...
Maybe the answer to that is to DGAF to what other think and do/wear what you want, no?

Don't get me wrong and get all defensive.

Its the atypical look for the common dad fit that is much to blame. Most and im saying like 90% of those throwing on a pair of runners and then some jeans is attributing to the general labeling...it really doesnt take much effort.

On the other hand, there are others who can dress selectively and really care.. and by what i mean is dress their outfit based on the shoe they are wearing.

Its all in the presentation and how you carry yourself.

Don't get me wrong and get all defensive.

Its the atypical look for the common dad fit that is much to blame. Most and im saying like 90% of those throwing on a pair of runners and then some jeans is attributing to the general labeling...it really doesnt take much effort.

On the other hand, there are others who can dress selectively and really care.. and by what i mean is dress their outfit based on the shoe they are wearing.

Its all in the presentation and how you carry yourself.
Good you clarified your though, it's clearer.

I must be very dad-ish. I wear jeans with whatever. I can't do the whole joggersor skinny sweats or the pinrolled thing. Not to say anything negative about anyone who does. I just can't do that.

completely get why the 990v_ get a bad rap. 'jeans + nb' could mean a million different things from dorky to dad to dope. going back to the 90s grandpa comfort style was well executed by cats like ghostface, cobain. that pic of nore w the cocaine 996's + denim = flyness

Among the 990v4 the nyrr definitely catch my attention. Suede looks really good. Can i only cop at full price at nb.com? Anyone notice cheaper option?
Yeah the nyrr are really nice imo. At this point sizing is limited but it seems that the only place to cop would be NB.com.

since we're talking about 990s, ive been kicking myself recently for not picking up Tyrians when they dropped.

lol everyone getting riled up about jeans/NB.
since we're talking about 990s, ive been kicking myself recently for not picking up Tyrians when they dropped.
theyre so good... I wear mine all the time. Probably wear them today hah

Back
Top Bottom