Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

NB1 for #ocf

how do those horween 1400's fit? i've been eyeing a pair but not sure if i can size down with a wide foot.

how do those horween 1400's fit? i've been eyeing a pair but not sure if i can size down with a wide foot.
These are the 1300BER and I went with my 997/998 size. But that's just me. These definitely fit a little roomier than my 997BEXP and 998BESP (which both feel more snug) and I could probably gone half-size down if I wanted to but I'm okay with the wiggle room. Have no idea how the 1400 Horweens fit but in my experience 1300 and 1400 fit pretty much the same (wider in the toe box than the 99X models.

I confirmed with my homie that the 998s found at century 21 are NOT Cncpts samples...My best guess is samples of an upcoming colorway. I'm gonna check the c21 in Philly today.

Last edited:
My newest pickup... straight to feet #ocf

On a side note what length jeans you guys buy to pinroll?  I don't know If I'm just not pinrolling right but my jeans always bunch up at the bottom before I fold it as if they are either not skinny enough or to long... I am wearing gap skinny jeans which are skinnier than levi 511. Feels like I'm wearing parachute pants

On a side note what length jeans you guys buy to pinroll?  I don't know If I'm just not pinrolling right but my jeans always bunch up at the bottom before I fold it as if they are either not skinny enough or to long... I am wearing gap skinny jeans which are skinnier than levi 511. Feels like I'm wearing parachute pants
You need to taper them and hem them to 32-33 inches. Go to a good alternations spot.  Make the tapering at leg opening 6.5" to 7" depending on your foot size and 8" at 18in above he hem.  32-33in inseam gives you 2-3 rolls.

I customize all my jeans with these measurements and they fit perfect.  I don't pinroll, though.  I just cuff once. So a 32in inseam is perfect for the extra cuff. Same idea applies to pinrolling.

Last edited:

nthat.gif

Pinrolling is an art. Takes a lot of practice to get it just right (as stupid as that sounds). I stopped pinrolling and picked up a nice pair of selvedge jeans that fit me really well. 

nthat.gif

Pinrolling is an art. Takes a lot of practice to get it just right (as stupid as that sounds). I stopped pinrolling and picked up a nice pair of selvedge jeans that fit me really well. 
I can roll them better in pic, but it still just looks bad. I assume its because the pants aren't tapered enough below the knee. Nothing is good off the rack? People used to mention levi 511's and those are like 14 inch leg opening..

I can roll them better in pic, but it still just looks bad. I assume its because the pants aren't tapered enough below the knee. Nothing is good off the rack? People used to mention levi 511's and those are like 14 inch leg opening..
$50 skinny or slim selvedge from uniqlo is the way to go if you're looking for something off the rack.

$50 skinny or slim selvedge from uniqlo is the way to go if you're looking for something off the rack.
Yeah I'm going to try those. Its not cheap in my area to get them hemmed. Last time I got a pair they kept asking "original hemm???" which I didn't know what it meant.. they cut the ankle to where I wanted it then sowed the original hem/bottom back on... looks like crap if you rolled it up lol.

Regardless paid $125 for 997NV DS... think it was a good deal. Love the details

Last edited:

Yeah I'm going to try those. Its not cheap in my area to get them hemmed. Last time I got a pair they kept asking "original hemm???" which I didn't know what it meant.. they cut the ankle to where I wanted it then sowed the original hem/bottom back on... looks like **** if you rolled it up lol
jesus sounds terrible

only thing with selvedge is it will bleed so gotta be careful if you're not gonna pinrole them

Yeah I'm going to try those. Its not cheap in my area to get them hemmed. Last time I got a pair they kept asking "original hemm???" which I didn't know what it meant.. they cut the ankle to where I wanted it then sowed the original hem/bottom back on... looks like crap if you rolled it up lol.

Regardless paid $125 for 997NV DS... think it was a good deal. Love the details
You don't need the original hem. And how expensive are they charging you?  Hemming in LA is like $18 max.  Just bring in the jeans and tell them the inseam length and they'll do it. Also, if the denim is selvedge, make sure they keep the selvedge if they taper. That can be more expensive and few people can do it in my experience.

Naked and Famous Super Skinny guy are pretty much perfect for what you want and you can always find them on sale for around $100. Only get the raw stretch selvedge. I still have yet to find another brand doing stretch raw selvedge. 

You don't need the original hem. And how expensive are they charging you?  Hemming in LA is like $18 max.  Just bring in the jeans and tell them the inseam length and they'll do it. Also, if the denim is selvedge, make sure they keep the selvedge if they taper. That can be more expensive and few people can do it in my experience.

Naked and Famous Super Skinny guy are pretty much perfect for what you want and you can always find them on sale for around $100. Only get the raw stretch selvedge. I still have yet to find another brand doing stretch raw selvedge. 
$22-$24 i think. I've seen those N&F before.. check those out too!.

Thanks guys

Co-sign. Get your jeans tailored. Costs me usually $25 to get jeans both hemmed and tapered. I don't personally pinroll (no need to because my jeans are tapered).

Also, @JerkStore, all the raw selvedge denim from Uniqlo is stretch (slim and skinny fits). They retail for $50 and but regularly go on sale for less (usually anywhere from $30-$40). Good alternative if you don't wanna spend $100 on higher-end brand names.

Question for you guys to get get it hemmed, how much do you know to take off?
When you take it in to get hemmed they'll usually have you put them on and stand in front of the mirror and you can determine how much you want off. They'll then take your measurements and get to work.

991.5SP today. Great Day To Be Alive! #OCFSpringEdition​
M&N 1951 Mickey Mantle​
Getting a brief look at your cube-mates, I'm guessing your co-workers don't fully appreciate your kick game.  Although, there might be other guys rocking 990 GR's thinking they're just as stylish as you today!

Back
Top Bottom