Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

And this could become a reality:

Hope this is happening :smokin

I have a friend who works for them and he tells me they get hundreds of emails about quality issues and even shape concerns and they really don't do much about it. NB USA seems to me to be much larger and much more corporate then NB uk.. They don't really have a relationship with the die hard fans like UK does

Not surprised by this at all. Glad I stopped fooling with MiUS pairs. Been on a UK only thing for awhile now--makes it so much easier to decide what to buy b/c US made pairs just don't compare now that Flimby decided to correct their mistakes.

I get why a lot of people aren't pleased with the current shape of a lot of miUS models, particularly the 998. I personally don't think it's enough to deter me from purchasing them - they still look great on feet! And I think that there was a bigger difference between the bulbous 1500 shapes vs. the current 998 shapes. Current 998 shapes are bulbous and some pairs look really bad, but nothing's as bad as the more recent 577s/1500s that came out before the reissues. Those are just awful.

Anyway, enjoy the Super Bowl, folks. I'm a BC alum so I'm rooting hard for the Falcons to win it all. Matt Ryan played while I was in school so it's exciting to see him get his shine on.

Anyone buy the NB 247 sport models today ? What's the sizing like ? Did you stick with your normal size or size down .5?

Thanks

It's weird how there are some recent 998s with great shape, and some without.

Almost as if it's an inconsistency in the production as opposed to a toe puff that changed the shape permanently.

One thing is for certain though, the old shape was the best shape.

Last edited:
Damn, I really don't know NB like you guys but I was pretty hype about making a pair of the 998s and now I'm second guessing after all this shape talk.

Another design I was playing with. Which one is better, top or bottom?

Last edited:
It's weird how there are some recent 998s with great shape, and some without.
Almost as if it's an inconsistency in the production as opposed to a toe puff that changed the shape permanently.

One thing is for certain though, the old shape was the best shape.

100% is inconostencey that's why I give people **** when they see one stock pic but overall it would be nice to correct the consistency. I also think a lot of people overlook the 997 which usually always has great shape

I got to try on the 247 today. Sizing is like 998. Very comfortable but crazy heel slippage, which I really don't like.
The mesh around the toe is really stretchy.

So did anyone pick up the 247? I like the look of it.
I have 4 of them, they're a great everyday shoe for sure. The lux leather ones are nice, the neoprene sockliner is comfortable and not super tight and constricting. The mesh/synthetic pairs are really good as well. I think it's a great shoe and silhouette.

Back
Top Bottom