Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Picked these up the other day for about $77 from Hanon during their free shipping promo. Gave me a heart attack when they finally arrived:

Thankfully shoes were just fine.

Already had the 1500BY and that one is one of my favorite NB pairs as of late, this one didn't disappoint either.

Toying with the idea of biting on one of the NB1s with the perf as well. Here are a few passes using familiar cws:

Email them and show pics. They'll give u partial refund

Just the only one who complains after 1 stock pic

It's comical how many times you've had to defend stock pics with the same argument. There seems to be a pattern with EVERY stock pic.

The 998 now has a toe puff and a Hulk sized toewrap/mudguard. Flimby accepted the fact that the toe puff was added and negatively impacted the shape of their models. NB USA needs to do the same.

Flimby proved that it's possible to actually correct bad production habits. Nike is even taking action on the AM1. It's time for the NB MA & ME factories to do the same.

It's comical how many times you've had to defend stock pics with the same argument. There seems to be a pattern with EVERY stock pic.

The 998 now has a toe puff and a Hulk sized toewrap/mudguard. Flimby accepted the fact that the toe puff was added and negatively impacted the shape of their models. NB USA needs to do the same.

Flimby proved that it's possible to actually correct bad production habits. Nike is even taking action on the AM1. It's time for the NB MA & ME factories to do the same.
The recent attempts at reshaping the toe also lends credence to the trend of bulkier toes

Granted, i don't think it's THAT bad, like AM1-bad bad, so i'll still be buying them, but i'd definitely be spending more if the shape improves

ok. tanks. Seen a pic on FB...like the Midori JCrew Joints...Wanna see my pair in hand before I invest in another air...also for the shape cops and NB1 quality control crew....

error...examples of shape and quality of perf toe. From the Flag ship store

I saw a pair of 574s a Footlocker today for 39.99. They were like the leather all burgendy ones.. ...girlfriend told me they werent for me lol

I saw a pair of 574s a Footlocker today for 39.99. They were like the leather all burgendy ones.. ...girlfriend told me they werent for me lol
I generally try and stay away from non-US/UK made NB's, lol. They're not terrible, but they are definitely geared towards a mass audience that has a certain perception of what New Balance is (i.e. dad shoes, corny, etc.). And quite frankly the quality of materials and designs are generally sub-par when compared to miUSA and UK models. So, I guess that's my way of saying that your girlfriend saved you $40 bucks and you should thank her, lol.

I generally try and stay away from non-US/UK made NB's, lol. They're not terrible, but they are definitely geared towards a mass audience that has a certain perception of what New Balance is (i.e. dad shoes, corny, etc.). And quite frankly the quality of materials and designs are generally sub-par when compared to miUSA and UK models. So, I guess that's my way of saying that your girlfriend saved you $40 bucks and you should thank her, lol.
Haha I will tell her.

I liked the look of the shoe and general it was cool. No lie, I'm jealous of some of you guys. My foot are too fat lol . ....I feel like I would look like crap wearing some of these shoes

Did anyone pick up the 998 Toucan's from J. Crew? I'm curious to see a non stock picture of them and see if they have a good shape. The picture I posted from their catalog looks like the toe shape has been fixed so I'm curious. Post pics if you got them or are getting them.

How does m9975gr fit?
Same as 997?
same length but narrower than 998s

i've got narrow feet and I got the 9975GRs in my 998 size and they fit perfect

i'd probably stick to your 997 size if you've got wide feet

i would sign if you started one. would be so nice to see the 998/997 have shape of the 577YP. it is possible, my cncpts boston 998 have great shape. i also bought 2 pairs and shape waws same on both so they can make a 998 with great shape if they choose. 

I have a friend who works for them and he tells me they get hundreds of emails about quality issues and even shape concerns and they really don't do much about it. NB USA seems to me to be much larger and much more corporate then NB uk.. They don't really have a relationship with the die hard fans like UK does

Back
Top Bottom