Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

LPU: 1300NSL  
nthat.gif

I've got a thing for navy 
smile.gif

My man! Great pickup and sick collection up there. @moshepark

Offsprings don't look too bad either
Great pickup there! And even better set of navy NB's.
Thanks, guys. Been on the hunt for Salmon Soles for a while because I didn't get into NB's until maybe a year after he had released these and by then the prices had already become ludicrous for deadstock pairs. Found a seller on eBay who was willing to come down to $195 shipped. The insoles still still look brand new (no funky hair or weird lint on them). Only worn twice, he claims, though the salmon bottom was dirtied up. Nothing a little Mr. Clean Magic Eraser couldn't fix, though!

Maybe it's because I grew up in New York but dark navy has always been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I own other NBs of varying shades of navy but this dark navy is my favorite. Not surprised it's on a lot of Ronnie's shoes given the fact that he's a New Yorker. If Ronnie ever collaborated on UK made product I'd be all in for an all-navy nubuck 1500! One can dream 
nthat.gif

i had a feeling the Offspring reengineered 1500 was going to be an homage to the original Offspring safari 577, but am kind of disappointed that the color blocking is different. Also kind of wish they went with a straight up, made in UK 1500.

J-Crew 998 Midnight Moon. I'm just wondering if I can get a LC from y'all? These are the first NB I've ever bought and this tag is looking suspect to me? Thanks

[quote name="max90" url=
J-Crew 998 Midnight Moon. I'm just wondering if I can get a LC from y'all? These are the first NB I've ever bought and this tag is looking suspect to me? Thanks[/quote]
I could be wrong but pretty sure these aren't being faked.

Last edited:
Pretty solid model. I wonder if this is what they're gonna encourage stores to use for collabs in 2017?

995 just dropped on the NB site and Premier store

also, i have a spare surplus pack 991.5 in size 8 if anyone is interested. worn 3x. 
@newbalance365  , thanks for the heads up! Any idea what the fit is like compared to other 99x models?

Honestly, the 995 and 996 are too similar design-wise for me, at least at first glance. Are there any other major differences between the two models other than the cushioning? Seems like the 995 reissue also has the leather liner that the 997GY had. 

You can tell from my questions that I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to NB's archives and older models 
tired.gif

@newbalance365
 , thanks for the heads up! Any idea what the fit is like compared to other 99x models?

Honestly, the 995 and 996 are too similar design-wise for me, at least at first glance. Are there any other major differences between the two models other than the cushioning? Seems like the 995 reissue also has the leather liner that the 997GY had. 

You can tell from my questions that I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to NB's archives and older models |I

I know the 995 has a vibram outsole which I didn't think was used on the 996. Liner/ tongue are leather like you had said.

Do 998's have more room in the forefoot for wider feet than say, the 1300? It looks like it when comparing pics of the two but I'm not sure if that's actually the case.

My 1300's fit perfectly so I'm looking for a comparison vs the 998. Thanks

Do 998's have more room in the forefoot for wider feet than say, the 1300? It looks like it when comparing pics of the two but I'm not sure if that's actually the case.

My 1300's fit perfectly so I'm looking for a comparison vs the 998. Thanks
998s are narrower in the toe box but not so much in the heel, 1300's are made with the SL-2 last making them wider in the toe box and narrower in the heel.

Back
Top Bottom