Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I feel like the word grail has such a different meaning now then it did years ago; I've seen people in the UB thread talk about how a specific shoe is a grail of theirs and the shoe didn't even drop yet... I guess every shoe can be considered a grail being that a sought after shoe sells out in seconds and are basically impossible to cop at retail

Yea the term grail is way over used nowadays.

Reps to both of you guys. So true. I can understand when something is coming out/came out recently you really want it, but to me that's not a grail. A grail is something you have desired for a long, long time. I am 26 and I will say I have only had like 5 grails in my life lol. One I have gotten, another would close out a certain collection. Everyone has different versions of grail because everyone is different and have different taste.

Reps to both of you guys. So true. I can understand when something is coming out/came out recently you really want it, but to me that's not a grail. A grail is something you have desired for a long, long time. I am 26 and I will say I have only had like 5 grails in my life lol. One I have gotten, another would close out a certain collection. Everyone has different versions of grail because everyone is different and have different taste.

I agree everyone has different tastes. I'm 28 and at this point I maybe have one or two grails out there that I'm still interested in (as I've matured my taste has changed naturally). I should've copped the 850 skippy when I had the chance!

There's no such thing as 'the hunt' anymore. You search eBay/ GOAT and most likely what you want is there, you just have to pay a premium.

I agree everyone has different tastes. I'm 28 and at this point I maybe have one or two grails out there that I'm still interested in (as I've matured my taste has changed naturally). I should've copped the 850 skippy when I had the chance!

There's no such thing as 'the hunt' anymore. You search eBay/ GOAT and most likely what you want is there, you just have to pay a premium.

I am at the taste changing stage. People keep telling me that me liking some of the New Balance will pass and it's "not you" or "not my style".

wore my GRAILS for my friday off! 
wink.gif

Last edited:
The fact that people care which other people consider a grail surprises me and judging people for using a word "improperly" is kind of a ridiculous, who cares what other people want. At the end of the day its a shoe and its and  their opinion. 

The fact that people care which other people consider a grail surprises me and judging people for using a word "improperly" is kind of a ridiculous, who cares what other people want. At the end of the day its a shoe and its and  their opinion. 

That's your opinion.

577FW for #OCF - Happy Friday, folks!

You sir have excellent taste in shoes!!

One of my GRAIL quests completed! Note not my photo but I rocked em last night.

Of all the trite worn out terms used by sneaker heads(one of the worst terms ever) grail is the one some of yall are tired of? How about fire, heat, hypebeast(the worst of the worst), cop, fam, ect?

If you are 25 & under you might not remember a time when being original, coming up with your own s***, and making fresh kicks&gear dope by how you rocked it that made the dopest not some gaebafe app or blog told you it was how to be.

OG skater from H-Street days, new pair of clydes, gazells, shell toes, airwalks, vans, Entnies, ect every two weeks(after a shoe goo patch or two) and all for $20/$40 at close out stores. Original shoe game hussle.

End of Grandpa Simpson quality rant...as I tie an onion to my belt! As was the style at the time.

haha that it is but saying your maturing and then judging someone for using a word not to your liking is a bit of an oxymoron, too many people in this thread try to be NB elitists and its amusing. 

To each their own I'm not knocking anyone's style/ taste, really just pointing out that people are calling shoes their grail when the shoe didn't even come out yet which I think is odd haha

On the topic of grail, I find it difficult for people to have multiple "grails." Should really just be one. 

Last night.

These are better on foot than I thought! I still want a leather pair of NB. I wish the accent color was different.
I'd encourage you to cop a pair of Horweens on discount if possible. Simply fantastic shoe. My 1300BER has become my most-worn pair.

Anybody wear 990s? kinda want to grab a pair. How is the sizing? Anyone give me any insight on this model?

Same as your 998 size. I wear a 10.5 in this and the 998. I like a snug but not tight fit. If you have wide feet .5 size up will work too. As a side rant this is the pair that got stolen off my porch. Forgot to my choice it and it was gone.

Last edited:
I'd encourage you to cop a pair of Horweens on discount if possible. Simply fantastic shoe. My 1300BER has become my most-worn pair.

Thats the plan. Love the smell of good leather. I've got my eye on the navy 997 but I love the Surplus 1500 too.

Thats the plan. Love the smell of good leather. I've got my eye on the navy 997 but I love the Surplus 1500 too.
The 1500SP is really nice- I actually just received my pair in the mail today. But it doesn't come close to the 997BEXP in regards to quality. If you want that ridiculous leather smell go wth the 997s. You'll thank me later 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom