Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Getting my first pair of 997's this week.
Curious, for those who one them, does the taller height on the back of the sole make you feel like you're leaning forward?

Yep. It's why I don't buy 997's. I bought the original retro of the GY when they first dropped and wore them once. Been sitting at the bottom of a stack in my closet ever since.

Ok so either my 1500BRG which are worn(second hand at that) had great shape back in 2013 or the 1500BY shape isn't that impressive...idk. maybe i need to try them on first.

i was close to grabbing the brown ML2016 cos they remind me of wholecut dress shoes, but had no idea how they would crease so i held back

Wore the black bad boys a ton! Very little creasing as you can see.

Last edited:
Gotta quit coming into this thread with all these deals. Almost bought those ENDs but will wait a lil longer till purchase

Gotta quit coming into this thread with all these deals. Almost bought those ENDs but will wait a lil longer till purchase
me three....It would have been my third pair! $104/$110 shipped a steal for shoes that nice! I ended up getting the ETQ Black Concepts for $125 all in.

After seeing someone post their horrible toe boxes where the sole is peeling off, got me all paranoid. You guys think it'll be ok or should I return/exchange

After seeing someone post their horrible toe boxes where the sole is peeling off, got me all paranoid. You guys think it'll be ok or should I return/exchange
Agreed, this looks fine to me. I had an even worse problem with my Horween 1300s. Looked like they were peeling off when I first got them. At first I freaked out but then I realized that no one (including myself) can actually see the flaw while I'm actually wearing the shoes. So I stopped giving a damn. And the shoes are still going strong and I completely forgot I had that issue. 

Agreed, this looks fine to me. I had an even worse problem with my Horween 1300s. Looked like they were peeling off when I first got them. At first I freaked out but then I realized that no one (including myself) can actually see the flaw while I'm actually wearing the shoes. So I stopped giving a damn. And the shoes are still going strong and I completely forgot I had that issue. 

Good reassurance.. still though NB should be using tougher glue or something. To have that little wiggle/play out of the box.. imo it shouldn't be like that.

Back
Top Bottom