Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

So I guess none of you guys order from these websites like joesnewbalanceoutlet.com ?  Sorry I can't post url's yet. 

I've irdered from them in the past. Just go in knowing they're going to be factory seconds. I've had bad luck with the pairs I ordered from them but it's not their fault. Seconds are a gamble. Some pairs are solid while others are definitely defects.

end has some decent deals. 998dbr for $111. i searched forever trying to find them for under $140.

anyone know place that has the 998CPL or 998CPLO for sale under $135shipped?

also anyone looking for nighthawks couple pair up on ebay, the size 9 would be decent deal if you can get them for the opening bid.

size 9 http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Balance...164019?hash=item25befede33:g:S68AAOSw-4BXafpw

size 10.5 $150 shipped bin http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-balance...563260?hash=item211274c4fc:g:a9gAAOSwRQlXeAjU

size 11 prmr for retailish http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Balance...hash=item1eb288543a:m:mn-WL7uSL7vXVyUoHQKoH8A

Last edited:
Buffalo exchange find yesterday. Immediately knew the laces would be swapped and man does it make these look so much better

saw 998dbr at brighton and jersey gardens outlets for $89 plus additional 20 or 25% off that
yeah that is just flat out a steal. for guys like myself that have no access to a outlet that was best i have seen for dbr's. trust i am so jelly of you guys that come in and post these 998 that ya'll are picking up for $60-90. you guys are fortunate for sure. i could not imagine finding cns, prmrs, gt, etc. etc. at those prices.

anyone listen to the comedy podcast uhh yeah dude? they were just talking about new balance winning a big court case where their lawyer cited something from the 1940s saying military clothing had to be usa made and the army will be contracting new balance and saucony for footwear. i know they have 990 editions for the different military branches already but this is apparently a big deal for new balance. but it was funny cause they were making fun of nb as dad shoes..

If im a true 9 and i got made in USA 997s would getting a size 9 be too big to rock? Was considering getting a 9 and putting an insole in. What do you guys think?

honestly anything that's worth grabbing man I appreciate you helping!

I only own 997,998,1500 - im a sucker for horween but again if it's a great deal I'll be open to anything-- PM me when you're going and I'll make sure I can get back to you so you're not waiting on me :smile: thank you @verseuno

Sorry dude...nothing yesterday at Woodbury and nothing today at Tannersville. There was one size 13 998RO and a 12.5 998CGO at Woodbury yesterday but some dude picked them up before I got there...he was walking the store around with them and then he finally bought them.

Last edited:
Those young metro 998 nb1s are dope. But i dont really see how its a collab. I never unexpected for someone like metroboomin to rock 998s so i guess thats cool.

Last edited:
If im a true 9 and i got made in USA 997s would getting a size 9 be too big to rock? Was considering getting a 9 and putting an insole in. What do you guys think?
If you're a size 9 in Nike/Jordan (which is what most people refer to as their "true size" it seems) then you should opt for an 8.5. Will fit better and you won't need an insole. 

For 997, i got both TTS and half down. It depends on your foot width, especially toe box since 997 toe box is rather narrow. On the contrary 998 toe box is slightly wider. Arch of your foot matters as well. If you're wide footed, go TTS on the safe side of you're unable to physically test the shoe

Sorry dude...nothing yesterday at Woodbury and nothing today at Tannersville. There was one size 13 998RO and a 12.5 998CGO at Woodbury yesterday but some dude picked them up before I got there...he was walking the store around with them and then he finally bought them.
all good man no worries! Appreciate the effort :wink:

quick LC for these guys? looks good to me but just wanna play safe and get some more opinions

I'm a 9 in pretty much everything.  I got 9's in my 997's and I get 8.5's in 998's.  The 997 is rather narrow compared to like a 998 as someone else mentioned.  If you find it big, you could always go with a thicker sock as well or you could try a thicker insole to see if you prefer that.  If you have a rather narrow foot, you can prob go .5 down.

how do they fit???  I heard they fit like older models but I dont know how those fit.
I think they fit like a normal 1500. The only 'older' 1500 I have is the M1500MSB Solebox finals and they feel roomier than the re-released NO but that could be because they have a leather liner

quick LC for these guys? looks good to me but just wanna play safe and get some more opinions
if those are fakes i'd say buy 'em anyway. shape is on point, 'n' isn't jacked, midsole looks like two pieces

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom