Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Has anyone used any waterproof/repellent sprays on nb's? Like crepeprotect or liquid proof?

Just wondering how well they work.

Are those the Horween 1300BER's? If so, how do they fit compared to normal 1300's? I'm considering copping a pair but not sure if sizing is different due to leather lining.
I come from the perspective of a semi-wide foot, and I feel that the NB's with leather liners tend to run a cm or 2 longer in the toes, but the width is just fine for me when correlating to my typical TTS. I say that it's also true for the 1300 when considering NB leather iterations. Some people also say that the leather lining makes the shoe feel a bit more spacious compared to the 'compression' of regular lining fabric, but subjectivity of our opinions doesn't mean anything until you try the shoe on, regardless. 

For some its a nuisance to have that much room from the tip of your big toe to the end of the toebox, but personally think its much more comfortable to have a little space, also so there's a bit of air circulation/ventilation which won't degrade the leather quicker due your foot's perspiration. Though, can't speak on how well the shoe age and if it'll shrink or expand over time, my pair is only a couple months old, worn inside w/ high socks a majority of the time. 

Has anyone used any waterproof/repellent sprays on nb's? Like crepeprotect or liquid proof?

I bought a can of Ralyn Suede & NuBuck Water Repellant from ebay a while back. Used it on some 1600s and 998s, and I'm not ever sure if I bought into a gimmick or it really works. After a couple of months it hasn't stained or made chemical blotches on the black suede I sprayed. Tho, Its impossible for me tell if videos online are BS (when they submerge the entire front part of the shoe and it comes out looking water resistant AF) because i'll never put my shoes in that type of situation, ever. 

Last edited:

I used to spray my pairs with repellent.  Not sure if it works or I just take supreme care of my kicks.  Haven't sprayed them in months and probably wont unless I'm going to a gathering with crazy kids around. 
laugh.gif

I bought a can of Ralyn Suede & NuBuck Water Repellant from ebay a while back. Used it on some 1600s and 998s, and I'm not ever sure if I bought into a gimmick or it really works. After a couple of months it hasn't not stained or made chemical blotches on the black suede I sprayed. Tho, Its impossible for me tell if videos online are BS (when they submerge the entire front part of the shoe and it comes out looking water resistant AF) because i'll never put my shoes in that type of situation, ever. 

I used to spray my pairs with repellent.  Not sure if it works or I just take supreme care of my kicks.  Haven't sprayed them in months and probably wont unless I'm going to a gathering with crazy kids around. 
laugh.gif
Thanks guys. I take good care of my shoes too. I'm only really worried about the custom pair I did because any water/liquid spilled on the black dye will probably make it run and that would make me a real sad.

I spray all my mesh/suede shoes with water proofer from foot locker. It really does work. Water beads up when wearing them in the rain.

Use light coats of the spray. Doesn't change the suede quality. It even says on the can "do not saturate the material".
2 light coats is what I do.

Anyone else returning butterscotch in 11.5 ?
I have an 11.5 thats still DS.  Dont think I'm selling it though.  But at the same time, kind of annoyed that I haven't unDS'd it yet.  It'll probably get heavy rotation in the fall. 

Back
Top Bottom