Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

It is dumb hot there and like being transported back in time (not in a good way either).  Mobile, AL in particular is a trip!  :smh:   In any event, I've lived in the Tampa Bay area, spent a lot of time in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, had a good buddy of mine who lived in Orlando so I used to chill there a bunch, and also have family in the Keys so I know the entirety of FL quite well.  A Northerner at heart (born in Chicago living there until age 12 when I moved to New England)...I can say unabashedly...I'm not too keen on the South(east), especially FL.

Lakenheath you say?  Not too far from there right now my friend.  :nerd:  

Yeah mane the parts you speak of does remind me of Chattel slavery. That why i dont try and travel through MS, AL, SC, LA :lol:

Yeah mane i lived in NewMarket; Suffolk County. I loved living in England beside the mad cow scare, great place.

UnDS my Fenways today.

All white laces look supreme on retro joggers. These look super nice with the swap.

just finessed a pair of hilltop blues on j crew through live chat. pretty happy about the purchase. can't beat $140 shipped.

I have Woodlore cedar shoe trees that are $20 for a pair. 
I only use these for my dress shoes and leather desert boots as I don't want the leather to crease/crack.
I should get some IKEA shoe trees for my sneakers but never got around to that as I don't feel like I need them.

Here's something you can read -
http://www.businessinsider.com/do-i-need-shoe-trees-2014-3

They have the same trees at Nordstrom rack for like $12 and on sale they go down to like $8. They are the wood lore ones but unbranded I believe

I feel like Concepts customer service gets kind of a bad rap in a lot of conversations.

Last week when my Rivalry pack arrived, they were marked as having insufficient postage by USPS and I had to either pay $7.90 to keep them or refuse the package, which apparently was some sort of error at USPS.

I tweeted at Concept to let them know in case it was a widespread issue and they resolved the whole thing and issued me a refund within 15 minutes of tweeting.

I was really impressed.

I feel like Concepts customer service gets kind of a bad rap in a lot of conversations.

Last week when my Rivalry pack arrived, they were marked as having insufficient postage by USPS and I had to either pay $7.90 to keep them or refuse the package, which apparently was some sort of error at USPS.

I tweeted at Concept to let them know in case it was a widespread issue and they resolved the whole thing and issued me a refund within 15 minutes of tweeting.

I was really impressed.

same here, i've dealt with them twice and no issues at all. The last time I was skeptical about even contacting them because of the rumors, but im glad I did.

I was really impressed.
they deserve a bad rap.. I' waiting two weeks for my replacement pairs. My first 2 had glues stains. Waiting a week for an email reply and god forbid someone pick up the phone when u call their customer service number

I got these burn rubber 577's and they're at least .5 bigger than every other NB pair I have, including other 577's. Anybody else have this experience??

I was really impressed.
I called them out on IG for my Karhu Arias for them being stained.  Took a bit but i got 25% off anything coupon since they didnt have a replacement pair.  I also contacted Karhu via IG and ended up with a free replacement pair and they said to keep the original.  Worked out well.

I got these burn rubber 577's and they're at least .5 bigger than every other NB pair I have, including other 577's. Anybody else have this experience??

I find that Asian made New Balances run a half size bigger in general with the Burn Rubber joints being the worst because of the leather lining.

I wear 11.5 in all my u.s. made models but found that 11.5 was still too big for 577s such as the Bodega hyprcats and burn rubber Joe Louis models. A real bummer since you rarely can go in and actually try a shoe on these days.

Last edited:
Yea I have a pair of USA made ones that I grabbed off undefeated and there at least a half size bigger if not a whole size still super in love with the materials they use

Anyone got any idea or inside knowledge if JCREW will restock the Butterscotch 997's?

Deeply regret not even trying for that release - now my size goes for no less than $500 on the 'bay.

Seems like quite a lot of other JCREW sneakers do get restocked judging by the amount of people randomly copping Indys/HTB/Concrete/Nighthawk on here?

Anyone got any idea or inside knowledge if JCREW will restock the Butterscotch 997's?
Deeply regret not even trying for that release - now my size goes for no less than $500 on the 'bay.

Seems like quite a lot of other JCREW sneakers do get restocked judging by the amount of people randomly copping Indys/HTB/Concrete/Nighthawk on here?

I'm still waiting, hoping it will restock. Visiting their site every day, several times

Damn we are both very similar sizes!
I'm gonna try for a half size down however so hopefully we can both eat - if it ever happens..
My 997ccf is a 8. Grand Tourer is 7.5
Haven't tried the opposite sizes before, 997 sz 7.5 or 998 sz 8.

Last edited:

I recall someone saying they were not going to restock when they spoke to a rep. I would keep an eye out on here and FB groups. I've seen a lot of people selling for under retail....

I find that Asian made New Balances run a half size bigger in general with the Burn Rubber joints being the worst because of the leather lining.

I wear 11.5 in all my u.s. made models but found that 11.5 was still too big for 577s such as the Bodega hyprcats and burn rubber Joe Louis models. A real bummer since you rarely can go in and actually try a shoe on these days.

Yea I have a pair of USA made ones that I grabbed off undefeated and there at least a half size bigger if not a whole size still super in love with the materials they use

Interesting info. My 577's that fit "TTMNBS" (true to my New Balance size) are made in England..

I think a restock is highly unlikely for them. The butterscotch were a special release that they advertised and had special boxes for. They've done this for Indy's and Concrete Jungles, and neither of those ever got an official restock. Sometimes you can get lucky if there was a return and they put them up on the website, but your best bet is to bombard their customer service line and see if anyone can track down a pair for you. 

Speaking of Butterscotches, anyone need a sz 11 for retail?

PM me quick b/c they're going back later today....

Back
Top Bottom