Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

got my first pair of 998s, ended up getting a somewhat good deal on some c-notes. These are so comfy!!! I'm in love

Pulled the trigger on a pair of DS 998RF's. 
smokin.gif
 S/o to Rambo831 for the plug

so we know that the 997 is all mint?  i hope there's none of that other color red from the 998s on the 997.

so we know that the 997 is all mint?  i hope there's none of that other color red from the 998s on the 997.
Been out the thread for a while.  Is this confirmed - 997 is the second part of that pack? Not liking the 998 but if an all mint (or mostly) 997 is on the table, i'd be up for that.

998 colourway is cool but NB USA have ruined the shape of the 998, I personally think it's worse than the 1500 now so for that reason they'll be the easiest of passes for me... role on the 997s though

Word, not what I wanted to hear, but it seems that way.  10 more days to build even more hype...

Yea i know but there partnering with the 2 hotels(one company but 2 locations), belvadare and having release parties in each city I would assume hype will be big. I just booked the 4 pair package, figure just Unload the extras for retail.

Last edited:
Yea i know but there partnering with the 2 hotels(one company but 2 locations), belvadare and having release parties in each city I would assume hype will be big. I just booked the 4 pair package, figure just Unload the extras for retail.
I just checked for the 4 shoe package deal.  $1024 all taxes included.  So $256 per shoe?  With retail being around 210-220 right?  Not a bad deal at all.  Almost tempted to go all in and somehow how ask the hotel to just ship me the 4 shoes.  I'd pay that extra bit of premium so I dont have to deal with headaches on release day.   Almost tempted...

Last edited:
[thread="158096"]If their past few NB releases are any indication, these shouldn't be too hard to get. But, who knows... I have to imagine there are going to be more pairs in comparison to the J. Crew 997, which ended up sitting for 24 hours. NB isn't the most hyped brand, so I think we'll all be able to eat. That's just my opinion though...[/thread]
Tannery's were HYPED, and still a manageable kop. These Rivalries shouldn't be too hard, but I can see the 997 being harder to obtain than the 998.

True time will tell but they're already building a lot of hype and the release isn't for another 2 weeks

Last edited:
Yea I mean but concepts can build hype very easily compared to j crew. They're also basing the whole storyline between the 2 cities where they have locations, habig release parties in each city and doing pre orders with hotels in each area. Also not to mention the hype of the luxury goods and roses is crazy now. So I think it's fair to say a lot of people will be in on these, specially the 997s.

True time will tell but they're already building a lot of hype and the release isn't for another 2 weeks
Yeah, but on release day Roses and Luxury Goods were a very easy cop. I got my Luxury Goods almost 4 hours after the release time. These will definitely be hyped, but I believe Concepts is at the point where they make enough pairs to go around.  

Yeah, but on release day Roses and Luxury Goods were a very easy cop. I got my Luxury Goods almost 4 hours after the release time. These will definitely be hyped, but I believe Concepts is at the point where they make enough pairs to go around.  
Hope you're right.  I remember the Grand Tourers being super easy, but not as much hype though. 

Back
Top Bottom