Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Wanted these ever since they dropped, and finally got the chance to cop at a decent price compared to ebay thanks to ShelfLife. Was skeptical about the site at first, but they are legit and really good guys that wanted to make sure everything went smoothly.

Wanted these ever since they dropped, and finally got the chance to cop at a decent price compared to ebay thanks to ShelfLife. Was skeptical about the site at first, but they are legit and really good guys that wanted to make sure everything went smoothly.
Shelflife is awesome, I haven't bought from them yet but there customer service is top, someone from their customer service let me know hours before the west nycs dropped and emailed me about the whiz x nb collab as soon as they dropped. I should've picked up another pair but shoes don't last forever and they're too nice to be kept in a box for so long

My size too ^, cant justify that price though- its a $100 shoe to me, i might do $120. Good looks on the consistent info though
^ I agree with you that it is only a $100 shoe. The shoe is so clean and simple yet that price tag turns me off. Congrats on those that have these though. I'm sure they will be in your regular weekly sneaker rotation.
Yeah, I did too, probably the 30th anniversary and 990 pairs deal hyped it, I love a grey pair of shoes since my asics nicekicks 2.0s are too small now and I wanted the heel to be grey instead of white, but very clean shoe
Scooped the 13. Clutch bro. Many thanks.
no problem man, congrats on getting them.

i dont fault guys for passing because of the price tag, but i dont get how people can complain yet drop more on seals and other garbage that's been coming out. lol @ $100 shoe. why? because it doesnt have crazy colors or a speckled sole? it's a classic silhouette that they brought back from the dead and likely wont be back for another big anniversary (aside from the other colors planned) since nb already has their made in usa 990v3 permanently in their lineup. not totally happy with the shape, but at least they tried. they made sure to have the vibram sole on there too, so that's another premium that drives up the cost. im all for variety and color, but if it gets the hypebeasts to stop buying NB so i can grab quality shoes better, im ok with keeping things basic. these were hard enough to grab as is for myself and friends even with the premium price tag.

Rumor has it that a lot of shops got only the really big and really small sizes in the 990 Anniversary. Also, it is notable that on Feebay, there are small sizes and big sizes sitting, but very few in the 9 - 11 range. Luckily, I wear a 13 which was a relatively easy cop. I have some friends who have been trying to find sizes like 10 and 11, and they are really hard to get.   

who's spreading that rumor? everyone got FSRs, it's just the tiny and big foot sizes are the last to go because most of us fall in the middle range.

Anyone ever see a size 13 West NYC.... let me know. Not seeing any on fee-bay brings me worries about that scarce size, mad i didnt jump the gun in the beginning. 

To all the people that keep asking about sizing on New Balance, I would recommend going down a half size from what you usually buy in Nikes. I've had to re-buy a couple of shoes in a 9.5 because my usual size 10 was too big.

Today I picked up a 9.5 in the West NYC's because my foot was sliding around like crazy in the 10 that I first bought. The 9.5 fits perfect. If anyone's still looking for a 10 , PM me.

i dont fault guys for passing because of the price tag, but i dont get how people can complain yet drop more on seals and other garbage that's been coming out. lol @ $100 shoe. why? because it doesnt have crazy colors or a speckled sole? it's a classic silhouette that they brought back from the dead and likely wont be back for another big anniversary (aside from the other colors planned) since nb already has their made in usa 990v3 permanently in their lineup. not totally happy with the shape, but at least they tried. they made sure to have the vibram sole on there too, so that's another premium that drives up the cost. im all for variety and color, but if it gets the hypebeasts to stop buying NB so i can grab quality shoes better, im ok with keeping things basic. these were hard enough to grab as is for myself and friends even with the premium price tag.

Nah, not at all- its a basic shoe- bare minimum. Great materials, but just like my 1400s and 1300s, i wouldnt pay more than 120 (and only paid around 110 each for the 3 pairs). I paid 160 for my seals, which- say what you want, but theres more technology and a lot more into the design work of those

Sometimes quality is worth more than the average $120 we so easily put out for subpar kicks.

Unlike Nike and Jordan, New Balance doesn't cut corners or skimp on quality.

Last edited:
Bsox, now you know. lol.
seriously though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. that's just mine. i guess im accustomed to certain standards with NB. im critical of how even their quality and materials have degraded over the years. but those that are just getting into it dont see it. they're comparing it to their disappointment and boredom with jordans or whatever they were buying before.

nowitzness, i got you. im exactly like you, id probably wait till it was under $100. i was used to being able to grab NBs for cheap. i only bought the arc 1300s when they were marked down to $70 lol. but i knew with the 990s i wouldnt have that chance to i had to pay full price. it sucked having to drop $200 retail for the last 1300jp, but i did it because i knew i had to if i really wanted them. a year later i regretted not buying multiple pairs after seeing people asking $400-500+ for them. im not gonna pay that for a replacement pair, just gonna hope they retro again in 2015.
like i said, who knows when we'll see the 990 again in this form so $180 is still an easy decision for me for this particular shoe.
a lot of people dont appreciate them because theyre not a collab or whatever and that's fine by me. i probably would not have had a shot to help friends out and even possibly get a pair for myself if that was the case.

I think it's also worth noting that when the 990s originally came out they cost $100. An $80 increase 30 years later is significant, but not completely out of line with other brands and at least the high price tag gets you a true 1:1 recreation of the original.

As higuy said, It's not easy shelling out $180 for a pair of NBs if you're used to being able to get them for under retail, but I'm glad I had the chance to grab these. For me this is easily one of, if not the, best release of the year.

Here's brief but interesting history of the 99X series from a few years ago:

http://www.newbalancelive.com/2009/08/news/new-balance-celebrates-the-99x-series/

Nah, not at all- its a basic shoe- bare minimum. Great materials, but just like my 1400s and 1300s, i wouldnt pay more than 120 (and only paid around 110 each for the 3 pairs). I paid 160 for my seals, which- say what you want, but theres more technology and a lot more into the design work of those

Sometimes quality is worth more than the average $120 we so easily put out for subpar kicks.

Unlike Nike and Jordan, New Balance doesn't cut corners or skimp on quality.

I'm with you, i just dont buy many pairs at all these days, and spend conservatively on shoes. But we're on the same page- speaking of which, howcome you dont come to TAN anymore :nerd:

I fell too far behind. I would go through pages just to keep up. I'm at least 300 pages in the rear. I might come back. :nerd:

Anyone ever see a size 13 West NYC.... let me know. Not seeing any on fee-bay brings me worries about that scarce size, mad i didnt jump the gun in the beginning. 
Unfortunately there's not many out there. I jumped on a 13 for $290 because I knew if I didn't I would regret it. Good luck on the search man.

There are definitely 13s, I remember West carrying them during the black Fri drop.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there's not many out there. I jumped on a 13 for $290 because I knew if I didn't I would regret it. Good luck on the search man.
Wish I could've got that price, Cats were trying to charge me 340$+. I couldn't do it, Feel like I'm regretting it but I've copped enough heat last month lol

I know they're around, just getting dry and scarce. Think the next pair I see I might jump on no matter price 
frown.gif

so i've been working 7 days a week/ 12 hours a day on nights since the last week of sept (on salary, so no overtime). during that time i've scored these (5 x 574's, 1 x 996, 1 x 999seal. sorry for crappy cell phone pic) + my 990's which are scheduled for delivery tomorrow:

my nb's plus others i've scored during this work (reebok question red, blue, packers, ewings, adidas primeknits, and af1 x supreme):

needless to say, i'm broke til january.

Just got an 11.5 in the 990s. If anyone has a 10.5 or 11 & can fit an 11.5 please let me know! Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom