Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

This isn't the first time I've seen someone say they preordered these. No offense, but why would anyone do that before we've actually seen the shoe? I know J Crew's on a roll and they rarely miss, and I know you can always cancel the preorder if it turns out you don't like them, but it still seems weird to me.
Well, they had this code, which brought them to 115 shipped. So it was worth the risk to me.
 Originally Posted by fatboyfresh1973  

I dont buy that. Using a coupon for a preoder sounds too good to be true. Im sure a stylist or rep for jcrew would have said a coupon for a preorder would not apply Especially on a new balance. I wouldnt be suprised if those that used coupons for ultramarines get cancled. I can barely find a coupon for the colors that have been on jcrew for years let alone a unreleased colorway.
Eh, it happened. 115 shipped.  Guess you missed it but they did it for all NB for a few days. Lots of people finally got their wish for disounted pebble blues. It was a good day.  We also figured they may be cancelled, yet when they changed the release date yet AGAIN, I had to email to say I still wanted them...and that rep seemed pretty thrilled I wasnt going to cancel but who knows. I don't THINK these will be any type of limited release BS, so it really doesn't hurt them to honor it. They cancelled peoples indy preorders to be "fair". Meh.
Originally Posted by chrisMatiC413  

when did the ultramarine preorder go live? ive been on the jcrew email distribution list, so i assumed i wouldve gotten something on it. i still need to see pics, but would like to know how to get info on upcoming preorders for the future. 
The 998 ultramarine was known as an upcoming release for months, before concrete jungles hit IIRC. So when they dropped that code that worked on all NB, some enterprising friend called them up and applied it to the Ultramarine. It worked. Given Jcrew NBs are almost always worth 110, some people preordered. They did not put out any email or anything, and no, no picture. But ultramarine, jcrew+998+110=profit? Pretty educated risk. Def joked about being a hypebeast, but Im also frugal. Oh well, if I dont like them JCREW has an excellent return policy so I don't see anything hypebeast about that...maybe if I waited for blogs and ad campaigns to call them "limited"  et al, then pay resale to some dirtbag who knows nada...then I can see it haha. But yeah, thats how it went down.

Last edited:
Pics as requested from a few pages back of olive 998

Thanks for that response, Dylan..

West NYCs in today...I like em a lot. Interested to see how the black laces will look in them...

As in a restock or a reshape?
Well im swimming in my size 12 997pr, might try juat a .5 down, but could mayne go down a full size.
11.5 is what i assume id be in the 997gy

I think the aim for any brand is to carve a niche where there may or may not have been a prior market for the direction of the brand.

JCrew has been consistently delivering dope colorways.

I'm not the only one who missed out on Infernos. Sad story. But, fast forward to "JCrew 998" + "Ultramarine," and that made it a no-brainer, to me, to jump on pre-ordering.

With or without a coupon code, it's just exciting to grab a pair of shoes that will probably & most likely be dope.

People say "do you," but still need to express their disapproval. Cool. I guess.

its more of a dark gray imo. When light hits the shoe you can see more of an olive. Not shure if that helps
I think it depends on the light, and how the suede is brushed. Which is cool because you can wear it with colors that match both. It's more like a military green. One of my favorite recent purchases.
Cool. Blue/Orange are my school colors so I'm kinda tempted to snag em. Hopefully can catch a sale soon. 

Nice! Didn't think of that before but I might steal your idea
Likewise. Was playing around with all the laces these came with the other day, didn't like anything other than what they came with, white it is. White flats can make anything work.. 

Hey guys been lurking for a while, first time post. Just wondering if anyone could provide a legit check on these. They're a bit dirty so don't know if that's whats throwing me off. Thanks in advance and sorry for the iphone pics.

got the mita x nb in the mail today should of went tts instead .5 down. they fit kind of snug and tight anybody else get theirs yet ?

Shoe is MUCH better in person.

The leather that is used is top notch.

Nice 3M hits.

The insole that came in the shoe (blue) is not your normal insole.

It almost has an egg carton look/feel - def has more support than the usual insoles.

got the mita x nb in the mail today should of went tts instead .5 down. they fit kind of snug and tight anybody else get theirs yet ?

I ordered mine off of SNS shipped Tuesday (finally) they are currently sitting in France at Charles de Gaulle airport. I should get them by Monday according to fedex. :rolleyes

bwood hows the fit you went tts or .5 down

Shoe is MUCH better in person.

The leather that is used is top notch.

Nice 3M hits.

The insole that came in the shoe (blue) is not your normal insole.

It almost has an egg carton look/feel - def has more support than the usual insoles.

olive 998s up there look pretty good but yeah def need to see them in natural sunlight to gauge the actual colours going on.  Initially, I thought they looked quite similar to the JCrew olive 998.

Back
Top Bottom