Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

It looks very similar but we go through this every year. The game doesn't need to be overhauled, so don't expect any DRASTIC changes. 2K is 2K. You know what you will get from it.

Exactly. What do you guys expect from a yearly cycle especially considering this console generation is gonna be over within the next 2-3 years . The hardware is basically being pushed to the max at this point and since 2K is developed on the 360 (which has a far superior GPU than the PS3) you won't be seeing ANY drastic changes in gameplay or visuals until the next gen systems are released . So unfortunately us PS3 users are gonna continue to get gimped in visuals on multiplatform games in this console generation. Developers are rumored to be getting dev kits for Microsoft's next gen system by next year . I'm quite sure we aren't gonna get anything "groundbreaking" visually or gameplay wise until 2K14 when its on Microsoft's or Sony's new console . I'm very impressed by 2K with this game considering there is no competition this year and they still have polished the game and improved the mechanics so much when they really could've been lazy and still would've been on top . I'm quite sure at this point 2K wants to move on the the next gen consoles already and have some amazing ideas already cooked up but they continue to be the standard in sports gaming and not rest on their laurels and that's how it should be when you expect consumers to spend $60 on a game anually . I'm sorry guys but sports games aren't gonna "wow" you visually when consoles are 5-6 years in the tooth with their cycle about to come to an end . The next couple installments on these consoles will only be under the hood , ai , and slight graphical improvements which I'm fine with .

Exactly. What do you guys expect from a yearly cycle especially considering this console generation is gonna be over within the next 2-3 years . The hardware is basically being pushed to the max at this point and since 2K is developed on the 360 (which has a far superior GPU than the PS3) you won't be seeing ANY drastic changes in gameplay or visuals until the next gen systems are released . So unfortunately us PS3 users are gonna continue to get gimped in visuals on multiplatform games in this console generation. Developers are rumored to be getting dev kits for Microsoft's next gen system by next year . I'm quite sure we aren't gonna get anything "groundbreaking" visually or gameplay wise until 2K14 when its on Microsoft's or Sony's new console . I'm very impressed by 2K with this game considering there is no competition this year and they still have polished the game and improved the mechanics so much when they really could've been lazy and still would've been on top . I'm quite sure at this point 2K wants to move on the the next gen consoles already and have some amazing ideas already cooked up but they continue to be the standard in sports gaming and not rest on their laurels and that's how it should be when you expect consumers to spend $60 on a game anually . I'm sorry guys but sports games aren't gonna "wow" you visually when consoles are 5-6 years in the tooth with their cycle about to come to an end . The next couple installments on these consoles will only be under the hood , ai , and slight graphical improvements which I'm fine with .

uh yea gameplay's and graphics like 2k11 but i wana see the change in my player its addicting as hell...from the info 2k gave it seems ultra fun but i hope they make teammates better or else all star super star and hof is just too cheese and you have to score everything by urself to win

uh yea gameplay's and graphics like 2k11 but i wana see the change in my player its addicting as hell...from the info 2k gave it seems ultra fun but i hope they make teammates better or else all star super star and hof is just too cheese and you have to score everything by urself to win

How are the coaches affected by the lockout?

When I play with the Lakers, is Mike Brown going to be the coach?  If he is, I guess the plays are going to be generic?
nerd.gif

When I play with the Lakers, is Mike Brown going to be the coach?  If he is, I guess the plays are going to be generic?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

^ what is crew mode/team up? I see a few pple on my friend's list playing that all the time... I only stay on ranked/online exhibition matches.

Crew mode, is basically allowing you and 4 friends to play on the same team, against another group of people online. Also, for crew mode, you can use my players and they have records( individual stats, crew W-L, and a list of all the crews by record). It's alright, considering you can design your own jerseys/create your own team names, and decide which team's roster you want for your crew(Bulls, Heat, etc). Team Up is basically crew mode, w/o my players and records. Crew is a fun mode, but don't play anyone that doesn't show their my player(that is if you're in 360, because of the oversized my players, however this is a non-issue for the PS3. Also(if you have a 360), switch your Xbox clock to Eastern/Samoa/Guam, if you wanna find games quickly.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

^ what is crew mode/team up? I see a few pple on my friend's list playing that all the time... I only stay on ranked/online exhibition matches.

Crew mode, is basically allowing you and 4 friends to play on the same team, against another group of people online. Also, for crew mode, you can use my players and they have records( individual stats, crew W-L, and a list of all the crews by record). It's alright, considering you can design your own jerseys/create your own team names, and decide which team's roster you want for your crew(Bulls, Heat, etc). Team Up is basically crew mode, w/o my players and records. Crew is a fun mode, but don't play anyone that doesn't show their my player(that is if you're in 360, because of the oversized my players, however this is a non-issue for the PS3. Also(if you have a 360), switch your Xbox clock to Eastern/Samoa/Guam, if you wanna find games quickly.

Back
Top Bottom