Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid arguments about the Mavs and Dirk but still.. guys like Kobe, Wade, Bron, KG etc have busted their !+* on teams with a much worse supporting cast. Dirk is just not that kind of animal.

And about Dwight...why did he sign that extension, seriously? I could have sworn there was a perfectly logical reason like he would make more money in the long run or something like that. It couldn't have been just because of media backlash could it?

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

Johnson_Joe_atl_091116.jpg

Welp.. Even if Dwight signs long term with Orlando or willing to I still think they move him.. Too much has happened for there to be a long term commitment..

I also think Ferry moves Josh Smith this offseason...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Welp.. Even if Dwight signs long term with Orlando or willing to I still think they move him.. Too much has happened for there to be a long term commitment..

I also think Ferry moves Josh Smith this offseason...

Laker's need to stop asking for too much and just get Josh Smith already. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Do you think Johnson might flourish with a great PG? He hasn't played with one since Phoenix. Could be a 50 win team IMO.
Is there really any reason to believe that Joe Johnson will be better at 31 than he was at 25?

Does he have to be better for them to be a 50 win team in the East right now?ECF is in flux right now. How many EC teams are much better than the projected Nets line-up? I'll give you Miami, Chicago and Boston. Which other teams are seriously better than them given that Hibbert might leave Indy, Dwight Orlando, Hawks just lost a big piece of their team, Philly ,is well, Philly and the Knicks still have a lot to prove.
the waks aint win 50 games are they really better than the hawks? because I don't think Deron Williams and Crash are better than Josh Smith and al hortford.

Originally Posted by DubA169

The crazy thing is that Dwight really did +#%@ up everything. King woukd have came out looking AMAZING. The guy just had to play out the year. It's nuts

So true, King would have looked top notch.
Especially for having a bidding war with the Knicks for Melo just to make us overcompensate, in the meanwhile sneakingly coming away with Deron Williams. 

D12 wants to be in Brooklyn tho and he's a supreme top 5 talent. Any team (I don't care how much D12 has flip-flopped) would do anything for him. Reports are saying the Nets are "moving away" from a D12 trade....YEA RIGHT. The Nets seem skeevy and mischievous, it would be surprising to me if the Nets wouldn't have at least something up there sleeve (loopholes, contracts) to still get it done. They just need Dwight to keep saying everything he has been saying for the past couple days.

dwight will sign with the nets, even if it means taking less money. you know prok gonna throw him some side money. keep it on the hush. but if the nets can really get jj, d12, and deron on the same squad with gerald wallace WOW

Originally Posted by MMG

Maybe just maybe......hear me out guys.....JJ or crash gets shipped to ORL for D12
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Theres always one GM dumber than the last so yeah it can happen

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Roy/CJ Miles are both guys I can realistically see coming to Dallas.

Not to mention Marcus Camby. Camby wants to start and log heavy minutes. He would in Dallas, and we could still re-sign Wright.

We'd have to get guys to agree to one-year deals, but it worked out this year getting SOME decent talent, but ideally?

Deron/Kidd
Roy/Vince
Marion/CJ
Dirk
Camby/Wright
that team would fight for a playoff spot then get killed if they made it
Maybe so, as would a team centered around Deron, Crash and JJ.

But the point we've been trying to say is that it still gives Mavs financial flexibility to go get Dwight Howard.

why woud D12 go sign with dallas next year?

Originally Posted by leemelone

Valid arguments about the Mavs and Dirk but still.. guys like Kobe, Wade, Bron, KG etc have busted their !+* on teams with a much worse supporting cast. Dirk is just not that kind of animal.

This is so asinine it's unbelievable.

Originally Posted by DMan14

dwight will sign with the nets, even if it means taking less money. you know prok gonna throw him some side money. keep it on the hush. but if the nets can really get jj, d12, and deron on the same squad with gerald wallace WOW

It's over. 2013-2014 will have close to $49mil combined in DWill, JJ & Gerald. That team doesn't win the finals.. You don't think they'll sign 1 person for multiple years?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

This is so asinine it's unbelievable.
SMH what a moron.

that team would fight for a playoff spot then get killed if they made it
Maybe so, as would a team centered around Deron, Crash and JJ.

But the point we've been trying to say is that it still gives Mavs financial flexibility to go get Dwight Howard.

IF Deron is there. IF.

You think Dwight wouldn't want to play with Deron in Dallas?

Hell, even if Deron doesn't come, Dwight can be the guy in Dallas if he wants.

Originally Posted by DMan14

now that you posted it online, the secrets out.

thanks a lot.

And about Dwight...why did he sign that extension, seriously? I could have sworn there was a perfectly logical reason like he would make more money in the long run or something like that. It couldn't have been just because of media backlash could it?

This Dwight guy had his shot and now he's throwing it away like all these other players.  He was a media darling but have now joined Lebron's Entourge of being a jerk.  

Dwight has yet to learn some real offensive moves.  Each time he does something, it looks more stupid.  All the talk about loyalty and all.  Dwights best bet is to team up w/ an offensive threat like Kobe.  Dwights defense is pure, but everything else of him is silly. 

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ill steelo

It would be monumentally stupid for the Warriors to throw away their last few drafts on Dwight Howard only to watch him leave.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a team clear out all that cap space in one shot if Dwight leaves?
Yes, the issue with that is they would have no assets because they traded them all for Howard and it's unlikely that a free agent would leave his team and sign to your team just to play by himself, such as a Warriors team with no Barnes, Thompson or Curry.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

This Dwight guy had his shot and now he's throwing it away like all these other players.  He was a media darling but have now joined Lebron's Entourge of being a jerk.  

Dwight has yet to learn some real offensive moves.  Each time he does something, it looks more stupid.  All the talk about loyalty and all.  Dwights best bet is to team up w/ an offensive threat like Kobe.  Dwights defense is pure, but everything else of him is silly. 

Dwight should've read what KG had to say on Lebron's situation (the year of his free agency).

You're not this dense... IF Deron is there, and they can offer a max deal... Why wouldn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom