Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Buc Em

The team the Nets had at the end of the year with Deron-Morrow-Wallace-Hump-Lopez is pretty damn solid as is...they really don't need to make that move for Joe Johnson. Just improve their bench a little and that's a definite playoff team if Lopez stays healthy.

Agreed. One of the potentially sad things about getting Dwight though is that they won't be ale to retain Hump and/or Crash. Cuz that would be a crazy front court. Hump, D12, Crash.
sick.gif
Deron at the point and...... OJ at the 2.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

The [PMatic] Dwightmare [/PMatic] is about to start up all over again.
30t6p3b.gif

I think this Dwightmare ends fast this time though.

Originally Posted by franchise3

"Dwight should go full troll & say he wants out cause Orlando fired Van Gundy" *dead*

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i would lose it if he said that

Man, this whole time I've been thinking it was Monroe that was the restricted free agent, not Hibbert.
There are five or six teams ready to make Lou Williams a contract offer, tweets John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Jamal Crawford was contacted by six teams tonight, with Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld identifying the Celtics, Suns, 76ers, Timberwolves, and Clippers, while Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com says the Pacers were also in touch.
The Lakers are seeking a point guard in free agency, and in addition to reaching out to Ramon Sessions, they're also targeting veterans like Chauncey Billups, Jameer Nelson, and Kirk Hinrich, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Originally Posted by PMatic

@sam_amick Source: POR GM Olshey & team prez Miller visited RFA center Roy Hibbert tonight in DC, offered max deal

@sam_amick Indiana did not offer a max deal, and Hibbert is now leaning to Blazers unless Pacers match. One other unnamed team offered max.

laugh.gif
Donnie aint giving him the max and he does not deserve it. POR is being ridiculous. Why pay Roy the max just to watch him play like he's 5 foot 4 when athletic players drive in the paint?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

@sam_amick Source: POR GM Olshey & team prez Miller visited RFA center Roy Hibbert tonight in DC, offered max deal

@sam_amick Indiana did not offer a max deal, and Hibbert is now leaning to Blazers unless Pacers match. One other unnamed team offered max.
laugh.gif
Donnie aint giving him the max and he does not deserve it. POR is being ridiculous. Why pay Roy the max just to watch him play like he's 5 foot 4 when athletic players drive in the paint?

Roy and Alridge
sick.gif
 If they get nice guard play, they're in the playoffs and may make some noise imo. 

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

laugh.gif
Roy and Alridge
sick.gif
 If they get nice guard play, they're in the playoffs and may make some noise imo. 
Rediculous move if you ask me.  Not worth a max contract.  In fact, every max contract I can remember ended up very bad.  Sometimes I just.........it's just that......ah forget it. It's tough being a blazer fan

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

laugh.gif
Roy and Alridge
sick.gif
Rediculous move if you ask me.  Not worth a max contract.  In fact, every max contract I can remember ended up very bad.  Sometimes I just.........it's just that......ah forget it. It's tough being a blazer fan
True, Only worry for me is Roy didn't play against many bigs in the east. If any? Chandler? dwight? 
When he has to consistently play against the likes of Serge, Perk, Bynum, Bogut now, Duncan, D cousins, etc. how will he perform? 

You're right though, Max contract is alot. 

Short list of guys that I'm hearing for Boston? OJ and JET.

Hearing a ton of names for Dallas. Hasheem Thabeet, Joel Pryzbilla, Michael Beasley, Brandon Roy, Anthony Randolph.

Barf.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Short list of guys that I'm hearing for Boston? OJ and JET.

Hearing a ton of names for Dallas. Hasheem Thabeet, Joel Pryzbilla, Michael Beasley, Brandon Roy, Anthony Randolph.

Barf.
Not as bad as the lakers wanting a 36 year chauncey billups or crappy jameer or hinrich 
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Damn,
eek.gif

I personally am a huge believer in Hibbert, but surprised that dude is getting max money offers.

Good for him though. I really wish he'd stay in Indy.
frown.gif

And if there's anywhere I'd like to see JET go, it's the Celtics. Love the franchise.

And I kind of like Hinrich. Wouldn't mind if the Mavs got him if we lose out on Deron. As long as it's for no more than 4-5 million.

eek.gif
 Paul Allen doesn't really give a damn about money
Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by franchise3

"Dwight should go full troll & say he wants out cause Orlando fired Van Gundy" *dead*

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i would lose it if he said that
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Screamin' A. would ether that boy like we never seen before

Batum has offer from Minnesota and meetings with Toronto, New Orleans

[font=Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, sans-serif]PortlandTrail Blazers restricted free agent forward, Nicolas Batum, has beencontacted by the Minnesota Timberwolves and what is being called a "serious offer," has been made and discussedand the two sides will meet in Minnesota later today to deliberate onit further, according to a source very close to the situation.[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, sans-serif]http://[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, sans-serif]The detailed figures that are being mulled over is a four-year, $45-50 million deal.
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Verdana, sans-serif][font=Verdana, sans-serif]TheNew Orleans Hornets and Toronto Raptors have also reached out toBatum's agent, Bouna Ndiaye, and meetings with those teams have been agreed on and will be scheduled shortly after the Minnesota trip, a separate source said.[/font][/font]

Link

Man seriously, this is ridiculous and it's only been a few hours into FA this year 
laugh.gif

The league really fixed costs during that lock out didn't they. See you at the next one.

This was all predictable.

Hibbert is very good but disappears at times. Hope he's out of the east.

No other league in America has the idiotic drama that the NBA has. Stern may love it, but they look like amateur hour over and over. Accusations of blackmail lol it's just one thing after another.

Lol at Dwight. I don't get why these teams %#@% out and give in to these players and their wishes. If I was GM, I'd trade him for the best deal available, tell the team that "He's definitely willing to re-sign with your team. He loves Minnesota/Utah/etc." and personally drive him to the airport.

Hibbert to Portland? Say goodbye to your ability to walk Roy!

I really hate Rod Thorn. Atleast Billy King would give us something to talk about like offering Asik the max, Thorn just doesn't even realize there's such a thing called free agency.

At this point I wouldnt even want Dwight on my team. Id send him to the D League out of spiteBut Pacers might really end up with nothing smh. Hopefully if they sign OJ, they can trade Danny Granger, and get some value back, especially if Hibbert leaves.A starting lineup ofHill/Collison
indifferent.gif
MayoGeorgeWestPlumlee
indifferent.gif
I guess......:/

What is Batum ceiling though? Can he become an All-Star if that's the case okay. 

Asik is a really good basketball player, so good defensively. You guys gotta remember, contracts aren't based on some sort of magical ideal value of a player, they are based on the market. Deadre Jordan is getting 12 mill a year man, can you really say he's better than Asik? I wouldn't.

Hibbert getting max. Batum getting $11-12mil/year.

I guess the luxury tax idea can be thrown out the window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom