Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Kupchak didn't outspend when he traded for Gasol. He didn't outspend when he traded for Trevor Ariza. Didn't outspend to acquire Chris Paul. Didn't outspend to acquire Nash. Didn't outspend when he traded for Howard. He outspent for Ron Ron but you could only say that now in hindsight...at the time, it was considered a good deal for them since he was the perfect replacement for the departing Ariza. I'm sure Laker fans aren't complaining about Ron's deal anyway after what he did for them during their last championship run.

Traded Derek Fisher's corpse for Jordan Hill. Antawn Jamison? Vet. min. deal. Jodie Meeks? Vet. min. deal.

Point is...LA doesn't need to outspend to acquire talent when their GM is making the right deals (and trade partners are making the wrong ones) and players are willing to take less money to play for that franchise.

Plus

Originally Posted by pepperjackchees  

LA's biggest comparative advantage is its location. The allure of fame, nightlife, yambs, tv gigs(?), a Hollywood hills/oceanfront mansion. 

Y'all whining about the wrong things.

*Feels like a long time ago when most of the Laker nation slandered Mitch and wanted him out.
laugh.gif

FolkBlu must be a Redsox fan talking like that you UMAD??....

I will never understand the sour grapes mentality fans have of successful franchises. Perhaps I'm too biased because I root for one of them in another sport but I can't hate on an organization that is willing to use all of its available resources to win. Do they have certain advantages over most teams? Yes. It it "fair"? Probably not. But the people in power still hold that responsibility to meet their fans' expectations and live up to their team's tradition & history. I don't want to see the Lakers/Yankees/Celtics/Red Wings/Cowboys etc. be managed like a lower level club. They're not like the other clubs, they NEVER HAVE BEEN. ******g go all out and go for it every single time.

I could see it being a problem if these teams held a monopoly over their sport but spending money and going the extra mile doesn't guarantee you anything. You could assemble the best product on paper but it's still up to the guys to perform and beat everyone else.

Okay.

Hell no I'm not a Red Sox fan. My team is in my signature. And I already elaborated on what I was trying to get at with that point about the Lakers and Yankees.

this. I dont get the point of comparing players who play different positions

Exactly. But Kobe is a better player than LeBron, meaning the best player on the planet in my personal opinion. But no one should get uptight if someone says LeBreezy is better than Kobe. it's a respectable opinion with stats to back it up.

Exactly. But Kobe is a better player than LeBron, meaning the best player on the planet in my personal opinion. But no one should get uptight if someone says LeBreezy is better than Kobe. it's a respectable opinion with stats to back it up.

Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

tumblr_lyd1b2b31h1r1mwtb.gif

a67bf37cc3fd.gif

i love how ppl say "MJ>Kobe cuz he has more rings!!!" but those same ppl are the first to say "just cuz kobe got more rings than lebron dont make him better!!!"

the game is diff they arent all the same age... end of discussion

It's really going to get comical to hear the Jordan D-Riders come up with ways to defend Jordan and to try and discredit Kobe when Kobe passes Jordan on the career all time scoring list and retires with more rings than Jordan.

The Jordan D-Riders who I've always said are the WORST out of all them are going to be reaching HARD.

Last edited:
cant wait till the lakers fans leave the thread :lol: no one saw yall till d12 was gifted .

Why ya'll mad? The Lakers did what an organization is supposed to do, bring in talent and get rid of dead weight. We made great decisions and as a FO, and did what was supposed to be done to get better as a franchise. We know the real season isn't regular. This is the same fan base that gets mad when we lose two in a row. The same that gets nervous when we only win 50 games. We ONLY EXPECT chips. Sorry we only expect the best.

Why ya'll mad? The Lakers did what an organization is supposed to do, bring in talent and get rid of dead weight. We made great decisions and as a FO, and did what was supposed to be done to get better as a franchise. We know the real season isn't regular. This is the same fan base that gets mad when we lose two in a row. The same that gets nervous when we only win 50 games. We ONLY EXPECT chips. Sorry we only expect the best.

:rofl:

that with Nash age
mike brown
Bean ball stoppin
the offense overall
mike brown
They are the favorites in the west, but lets see if it comes together.

in all honesty that alone should make them not the favorites as the thunder are a complete and proven team who have actually played together and made it to the finals already.

Hey just wana let yall Know that it's 5 am and the Yankees are more successful and popular than the lakers. K Kisses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom