Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want kobe to get 6 so everyone can shut up about michael.
Kobe can win 2-3 more titles and people will still talk about MJ. Sometimes I don't think you guys remember or know how great MJ was.

BTW, # of titles don't mean anything. if this was the case--Robert Horry would be considered better than Magic, Larry, Shaq, Kareem, LeBron etc.

laugh.gif
you guys worship jordan.  i want kobe to surpass his accolades is all.  so people can stop using titles/wins as the trump card in their debates.

i want it to be "player x is the most skilled player in the history of the nba"  not "jordan was the greatest, 6 titles, will power, shoes!"

It is not the league's fault this time, but the obvios question is why are teams always so quick to help the Lakers with lopsided *** trades, even in the same conference? If anything, the less storied and small market teams should collude to take down the big guys and share vicariously in the success like how everyone was in 2011 with the Heat losing

Got me sitting here at work with the Dan Gilbert face on.

If Hennigan was just gonna ******** through this, he should have just given us Dwight for the discount, like Ibaka + change (no Harden or WB)

Last edited:
Kobe can win 2-3 more titles and people will still talk about MJ. Sometimes I don't think you guys remember or know how great MJ was.

BTW, # of titles don't mean anything. if this was the case--Robert Horry would be considered better than Magic, Larry, Shaq, Kareem, LeBron etc.

laugh.gif
you guys worship jordan.  i want kobe to surpass his accolades is all.  so people can stop using titles/wins as the trump card in their debates.

i want it to be "player x is the most skilled player in the history of the nba"  not "jordan was the greatest, 6 titles, will power, shoes!"
Preach.

Oh wells unless stern comes in and trolls the league and deals this trade, nets for the 3rd seed in the east :pimp: :pimp:

orlando should have traded him to houston and get all those picks and young talent from this draft... instead they waited it out for no reason just to get garbage in return for dwight :lol:

from Kobe's facebook:

Well, it looks like Superman has found a home. I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious..

As soon as they just flashed to Doug Collins to ask him about the trade his face looked like he just busted a nut :lol: :pimp:

Oh wells unless stern comes in and trolls the league and deals this trade, nets for the 3rd seed in the east :pimp: :pimp:

With what bench? Cause I like the nets starting five against pretty much any team in the league from a basketball standpoint, but after that....... its pretty much the marshon brooks show from the pine. But if they could have kept Gerald Green and signed AK47 then I would've easily believed a 3rd seed in the East.

:lol:

You can chop it up which ever way you want and you'd be hard pressed to present a valid arguement that he's better than Mike.... You want kobe to surpass Mikes accolades but that's just not feasible. He'd have to win the next 4 MVP's and a Dpoy just to equal his indivudal accolades. Say what you want about player x's skill but if player x's skill do not lead to xyz accomplishments then what does it really mean?

Seriously... how many years can we say that Kobe was even the best player currently playing in the league. 2-3yrs? Maybe 4?

from Kobe's facebook:

Well, it looks like Superman has found a home. I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious..

in case you were curious.. :lol: :pimp:

This trade will never happen...Dan Gilbert's head is exploding all over David Stern's office this very second. The NBA will veto this trade for "basketball reasons" :smh:

I'm just playin of course but if the league blocks this trade I am DONE with the NBA.

this just means that the offers on the table from the cave and rockets were no where close to what was being reported. I refuse to believe that the magic front office is that inept :lol:

Thank you Seymore Cake for speaking the truth. This Kobe better than Mike talk has always been smh. I respect Kobe's game but come on. I'm not a heat fan but I'd rather see lebron get two and put the haters on hush then see Kobe tie Mike.

Last edited:
It is not the league's fault this time, but the obvios question is why are teams always so quick to help the Lakers with lopsided *** trades, even in the same conference? If anything, the less storied and small market teams should collude to take down the big guys and share vicariously in the success like how everyone was in 2011 with the Heat losing
Got me sitting here at work with the Dan Gilbert face on.
If Hennigan was just gonna ******** through this, he should have just given us Dwight for the discount, like Ibaka + change (no Harden or WB)

As a Laker fan I'm happy, I would like to see Kobe play 3 more years and not look like he needs a cane.

But as a basketball fan you are speaking the truth. The Bucks, Raptors, Hornets, and Bobcats should only talk to each other about deals so at least one of those teams can become a contender. The small market teams will not have a chance for another 10 plus years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom