Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Orlando is acting.. I think they'd end up making Rockets bid against themselves to raise the price...
If Dwight is traded to Houston... It will be by gutting most of the Rockets assets..
You really think it's smart to saddle your payroll for a few years with a bunch of overpriced guys (with Lin & Asik both overpriced), and have Dwight leave in less than a year?
$28 million isn't anything, if he detests where he's playing. He'll leave. We all know his feelings about Houston.. And his first year of his 2nd contract with whatever team he signs to next season, even if he becomes more injury prone he'll get close to max.. Cutting that $28mil down to $11mil-ish.
If Dwight hates where he's playing... A max deal with Bird Rights isn't going to save it....

Derek Rose just blew out his knee man dudes are going to the take the money because their are no guarantees.

If 28 million ain't important then he will just sign in Brooklyn for the MLE in next year :rolleyes

Last edited:
rumor thowbacks for next season that I saw on a uni site.

knicks wearing their throwbacks too... they are wearing their 70-72 jerseys... think melos first game but instead of mesh jersey it will be cotton... not sure of which color just read about it on alan hahns twitter

Derek Rose just blew out his knee man dudes are going to the take the money because their are no guarantees.
If 28 million ain't important then he will just sign in Brooklyn for the MLE in next year :rolleyes

Stop being sarcastically nonsensical.

The $28mil is important if that drastically changes endorsements as well.. See DWill... And see why Dwight won't leave LA if traded because he'd rake in close to $70mil more in 5 years... Because his Adidas endorsements double in LA or NY. With that more opportunities for endorsements.

Plus $28mil is without taking into consideration of him signing a new contract after the one he gets next year.. Where it would be at close to losing only $10mil over 5 years. Even if he is injured, he will get paid.

He will not choose Houston over Atlanta. Where he'd be miserable for 5 years. When he can play in ATL where he is from with his best friend.. And has a better shot winning there than at Houston for the Houston Magic with Jeremy Lin & Omar Asik

Last edited:
What even made him want to opt in when he could've been in FA this summer?

That's what all this comes down to. He shouldn't have opt in back in March. He probably saw how Lebron was hated when he left the Cavs so he said "Ok I'll stay". He should've stuck buy his guns and it would be done by now. I really don't see how he can go back in that locker room and act like everything is all good. The Magic need to take whatever deal they can get and move on.

The Rockets should wait until just before training camp and sign their rookies. Once a rookie signs, they can't be traded for 30 days. Let Dwight open camp with Orlando :pimp:

Word. ^@%# it. Roll with Lin, Asik (is he signed yet?), P-Patt, Parsons and all the rookies and just see what happens

That's what all this comes down to. He shouldn't have opt in back in March. He probably saw how Lebron was hated when he left the Cavs so he said "Ok I'll stay". He should've stuck buy his guns and it would be done by now. I really don't see how he can go back in that locker room and act like everything is all good. The Magic need to take whatever deal they can get and move on.

Supposedly Dwight felt that the team gave him assurances that if he opted in, and he still felt he wanted to leave, the Magic would deal him to the Nets in the offseason. Orlando saying no promises were made. That's why there were talks earlier how Howard felt 'blackmailed' into opting in.

Now the Magic might hold onto him until next summer??

HOW does that make sense? The only reason for this is that the Magic think they have a 50/50 shot at convincing him to stay. Which every other person with a brain in the world knows is not even close.

I honestly think it's the Magic who have been making this situation such a circus.

The Nets and Lakers are capped out. Would he leave $28 million on the table? Call his bluff. :lol:

Now the Magic might hold onto him until next summer??
HOW does that make sense? The only reason for this is that the Magic think they have a 50/50 shot at convincing him to stay. Which every other person with a brain in the world knows is not even close.
I honestly think it's the Magic who have been making this situation such a circus.

I think so as well and I wish it would end and very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom