Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim and KG on the same team?! If this was '01
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Sign Jason Kidd while they're at it, Tony is blind.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

PTI with the great point that McHale (HOF big man) is the coach and the Dream is still loyal to the Rockets as good reasons for Dwight being in Houston. Imagine what those two post guys could teach Dwight.
sick.gif
Forget Hakeem. Working with McHale is devastating enough. Simmons address it last summer, actually:

When did Hakeem Olajuwon become a combination of Lee Strasberg, Dr. Drew and Mr. Miyagi for any aspiring low-post player? And when did this revisionist history kick in that Hakeem was some sort of unapproachable god in the low-post? Kevin McHale had twice as many low-post moves and equally good footwork; Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had a more unstoppable signature shot (the Sky Hook); and yet, when I dared to wonder on PTI why every aspiring post-up player goes to see Hakeem instead of McHale, I got deluged with "You're a homer!" e-mails.

Was Hakeem one of the best 12 players ever? Of course. He possessed the best blend of athleticism and footwork of any center; his statistical rÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]sumÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] was incredible (for instance, in the 1990 season he notched 550 combined blocks and steals, the only time anyone ever topped 500 since we started keeping track), his Dream Shake was the highest-degree-of-difficulty low-post move that actually worked; and his playoff eviscerations of Ewing, Shaq and Robinson within a 13-month span were Jordanesque. His potent low-post game was just one piece of a pretty rich puzzle, whereas in McHale's case, it's the first thing anyone brings up.

You know which player draws the most "Can you cut me a tape of his low-post moves so I can show my players?" requests from high school coaches to NBA Entertainment? That's right … McHale. I spent two pages in my NBA book describing McHale's Chinese-food-menu catalog of low-post moves (an astonishing 12 variations in all).[sup]8[/sup] You can't say that there was a better low-post player than Kevin McHale. It's factually inaccurate. If you disagree, go find me a season in which Hakeem shot 60 percent from the field, then get back to me. McHale had two in a row. You can look it up. If you STILL disagree, check out this Viva McHale clip that NBA.com made. And yeah, I'm fully aware I just went full-fledged homer on you two paragraphs after calling someone else a homer.

That Post Move clinic that Kevin McHale exhibited in that video
eek.gif

Nothing too fancy too...just great footwork, positioning and use of the pumpfake.

I thought McHale did a pretty good job with Big Al after that KG trade. Al's footwork was incredible his first year here in minnesota.

Dwight working with McHale
eek.gif

Daryl Morey's shrewd decisions over the years seem to be finally paying off. Just another win for advanced sports analytics.

Originally Posted by midwestRZN458

I just hope pistons get rid of Charlie V and ben gordon. Terrible free agent signings
They got way too much money, but I would LOVE Charlie V off the bench for my Pacers if the price was right

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Goldmember

make sense?? what are you 10?  +%%@ outta here .. seriously some of you dudes needs stay away from this thread

Originally Posted by quik1987

Jose + #8 draft pick?

It's not something I WANT to happen, it just made sense to all parties to me.

Jose play with Pau, Lakers get a real point guard and possible new young talent from draft

Raptors get Canadian legend

Suns get new young all-star for aging vet

again, personally, I think Nash is too old. Even if he comes to the Raptors I don't see Raptors getting far. Also who knows what they would be trading away with the draft pick, could be ann all-star, could be a scrub.

Y'all don't read, I never meant Calderon straight up, of course money or draft picks would have to be involved.
Kobe was drafted with the 13th pick, y'all wouldn't want the 8th pick? Kobe ain't getting any younger.
Even with you including the #8 pick that is still a TERRIBLE deal for Bynum; I really can't believe you are serious. Any GM that even considered taking Calderon + the #8 for Bynum would be fired on the spot. You're trading a way the 2nd best C in the league for the 10th best or worst PG and a low lottery pick in a draft that doesn't look to have any surefire stars after the first pick, and definitely a crapshoot at 8.

Dude was actually serious about his post 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by midwestRZN458

I just hope pistons get rid of Charlie V and ben gordon. Terrible free agent signings
They got way too much money, but I would LOVE Charlie V off the bench for my Pacers if the price was right

no you wouldnt
laugh.gif
i cant believe someone actually wants him on their team
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Tim and KG on the same team?! If this was '01
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Sign Jason Kidd while they're at it, Tony is blind.

tmac and vince to go along. heck, stackhouse is still in the league. but seriously, timmy and kg on the same squad would be fun to see.

As I have stated in the past, if the Rockets get Dwight its a win for the team no matter his decision after 13 is over.

If he re-ups fine, they have the guy they've been looking for since TMac/Yao left.
If he leaves then it kick starts a major rebuild that they've stalled off for over 3 years.

No lose in my eyes, if Morey can get this supposed deal done then he should.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Kg was spotted all over San Antonio this past weekend. I know he wouldn't come here for no damn vacation,
Maybe he was looking for the basement at the alamo like Pee Wee...He's kooky like that right?

KG to the Spurs. Ray to the Heat. Leaving Pierce & Rondo llonely together in Boston. Wonder if Ainge would still trade Pierce if the right deal came around.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Kidd/Nash/Fish
Ray Allen/VC/Stack
Tracy/Grant Hill
KG/Juwan
Duncan/Camby/Big Ben

laugh.gif

I think this team would make the playoffs
laugh.gif
4th seed in the east
nerd.gif

Per Woajgjeaiogjeiapgjeg:

Minnesota has agreed to trade the 18th overall pick in Thursday's draft to Houston for Chase Budinger, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Kidd/Nash/Fish
Ray Allen/VC/Stack
Tracy/Grant Hill
KG/Juwan
Duncan/Camby/Big Ben

laugh.gif

I think this team would make the playoffs
laugh.gif
4th seed in the east
nerd.gif

True. Ja you forgot to add dirk
smile.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

IN MOREY I TRUST.

What a great trade.

eek.gif

i was on clutchfans and it was supposed to be kev mart for that pick. excellent deal. i smell something big coming.
nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom