Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by solarius49

You know, we keep talking about the Rockets getting Dwight....but i have a feeling that the Nets would be ready and willing to ship Deron over for 2 1st rounders and Lowry. If I'm the Nets I do that in a heartbeat

why would the Rockets do that? they want a big man and landing dwight will most likely land Deron williams.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

You know, we keep talking about the Rockets getting Dwight....but i have a feeling that the Nets would be ready and willing to ship Deron over for 2 1st rounders and Lowry. If I'm the Nets I do that in a heartbeat

why would the Rockets do that? they want a big man and landing dwight will most likely land Deron williams.
Ok but you dont think Deron and Lopez could be had for 2 1st rounders and Lowry/Martin?  
It would definitely help NJ's rebuilding efforts. 

The Rox arent some blackhole of a team who NEEDS both those guys to be a contender, they have plenty of skill at all the other positions, and an excellent bench IMO

The difference is, Deron can choose where he goes, since he's a FA. Dwight has to wait until the end of the season to become a FA, and he has no control on whether he gets traded. For Houston to get Dwight, those picks would be used in the trade to get him over.

Originally Posted by franchise3

The difference is, Deron can choose where he goes, since he's a FA. Dwight has to wait until the end of the season to become a FA, and he has no control on whether he gets traded. For Houston to get Dwight, those picks would be used in the trade to get him over.
dog you're damn right, i think i was lost for a minute and forgot Deron was a FA smh.  Either way though, I still think Houston would be a great spot for either/or both of those guys.  Houston is atleast a consistent middle of the pack playoff team usually, and they wouldnt be going to some gutted aging squad thats just been imploded (ie: Dallas)

^ I refuse to watch the Rockets no matter who they have on their team until they change those Chinese red dragon jerseys they've been rocking since like 04.
See, this is why rumors are spread so easily today in the internet age. People hear this Deron and Dwight to Houston thing and run with it. The Rockets have two trading pieces on their current team...Lowry and Kevin Martin. Chase Budinger, Parsons, Patterson and Morris are decent role players but they aren't going to get you anything so I won't even include them and Scola is too old to bring anything back. Lowry and either the 14 or 16 could get you the Kings #5 pick. But then there's not a single team in the top 10 that would want Kevin Martin, especially so much that they would move all the way back to #16 just to get him. Raptors would be the last team to do it since they already have Derozan at SG and are using that pick to trade for a vet SF in return. So I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....yeah. Not happening.

Can someone please explain how after trading for Dwight (who makes 20+ mil) the Rockets are still going to have enough money to outright sign Deron Williams? The Nets have made it pretty clear that they won't be trading him, if he's leaving - they prefer the cap room.

At that point, the Rockets are giving up 2 top 8 first round picks + some combination of Lowry/Martin/Scola/Dalembert to make salaries match. Dwight is unhappy because he only wanted Brooklyn. He's going to bolt after a year of playing with a middle of the pack squad and the Rockets are going to have no picks or young players to rebuild with.

Why would this happen?

Dwight was going to be unhappy going to the LAKERS. He messed up by signing that 1 year opt-in but I think there's no doubt he's dead set on teaming up with Deron in Brooklyn. The Magic could speed up their rebuilding process and trade Dwight for cap/picks - or they can have another year with a 1st round knock out and let Dwight go to Brooklyn that way.

Deron isn't going to play in Houston.

They should concentrate on building in the draft whether that means trading up or using those two picks... Dwight won't stay there either.

I think Lowry for the #8 is a good possibility, and 14 and 16 is not enough for 5. I think Lowry gets traded to Toronto, honestly. Either way, Lowry is a goner. For better or for worse, depending what else gets done.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Brooklyn would be a fun team to watch if they manage to re-sign DWill and trade for Dwight. They would be one piece away from being a title contender IMO.

Agreed... If all of this were to go down, they'd be in great position with DWill & Dwight as the foundation. From there you just need to have another scorer to make up a trio & find the right pieces to place around them.

sick.gif
at the idea of Nash in Toronto.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Ok but you dont think Deron and Lopez could be had for 2 1st rounders and Lowry/Martin?  
It would definitely help NJ's rebuilding efforts. 

The Rox arent some blackhole of a team who NEEDS both those guys to be a contender, they have plenty of skill at all the other positions, and an excellent bench IMO
Nah, the Nets need some sort of big name to open up in BK. Lowry and some 1st round draft picks in the teens are not gonna cut it. Plus I feel HOU would rather save those assets to get Dwight when Deron is a FA.

The Nets with Deron gone would be desperate though. They'd give most of their squad in that situation, even for Jeremy Lin.

My God.
All of this Dwight and Deron talk again! Watch Deron end up staying in New Jersey and Dwight will stay in Orlando for his last season. 
laugh.gif

[h3]Ray Allen, Heat Have Mutual Interest[/h3]
Jun 25, 2012 4:43 PM EDT

Allen_Ray_bos_120216.jpg
According to multiple league sources, there is mutual interest between the Heat and Ray Allen.

Miami can offer a contract starting at $3 million per year to Allen, the taxpayer's midlevel.
[h3]Smith To Decline Option, Likely To Re-Sign Multiyear Deal With Knicks[/h3]
Jun 25, 2012 4:50 PM EDT

Smith_JR_nyk_120312.jpg
J.R. Smith will decline his option with the Knicks for the 12-13 season worth $2.44 million, according to a source.

Smith intends to re-sign for a longer deal with the Knicks

PTI with the great point that McHale (HOF big man) is the coach and the Dream is still loyal to the Rockets as good reasons for Dwight being in Houston. Imagine what those two post guys could teach Dwight.
sick.gif

Kg was spotted all over San Antonio this past weekend. I know he wouldn't come here for no damn vacation,

Originally Posted by PMatic

I'm sure Orlando would insist Houston take Turkoglu in any deal involving Dwight, which screws up the finances of the trade (I doubt Orlando would want Scola. Maybe involve Dragic in a sign and trade?).
1899644_o.gif

1899644_o.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Maybe Brandon Jennings on the move? I dunno how to cut and paste his tweets from my phone.
I remember earlier in the season someone posted his tweets where he said he'd explore his options. This like right after they got officially eliminated from making the playoffs. If he's trying to go to a contender or at least a playoff team I can understand that but he's a fool if he thinks he's going to get a payday.

I would love to see him play with Kobe just for the lulz. I think he wouldn't just take it and do a whole lot of talking back, especially on the court since it's public
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Kg was spotted all over San Antonio this past weekend. I know he wouldn't come here for no damn vacation,
Nah, he just wanted to visit the Alamo and walk by that river. Chuck put him on
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ Peep Game. I seen that gif like 5 damn times in the past hour.

*#%% Turkeyglue...
sick.gif
And Dragic has to stay considering Lowry is as good as gone.

But yall do NOT want Ray Ray in a Heat uni. Zone would be useless against them. They would have damn near no weaknesses.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

AwBOGMxCEAAmGBK.jpg:large

Trying to recruit Timmy Duncan to Boston???
nerd.gif

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom