Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._scheduled_for_june_18th_workout_with_sixers/[/h1]
[h1]Cousins, Favors Scheduled For June 18th Workout With Sixers[/h1]
Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins and Georgia Tech's Derrick Favors are scheduled to workout on June 18th for the Sixers.

Sixers president/general manager Ed Stefanski confirmed that the team is also working on specific dates for Ohio State's Evan Turner and Syracuse's Wesley Johnson to audition.

Even though conventional thinking suggests the Sixers are likely to take the 6-7 Turner, in part to solidify their backcourt, John Greig, Cousins' agent, said Thursday that his client, "isn't running or hiding from anything."

If they knew they were taking Evan Turner, why even schedule the workout and waste their time? Seems like they haven't made a decision yet to me
nerd.gif

just like the wizards have worked out more people then just john wall

dont read to much into it

The Wizards have only worked out guys who project with their 30 and 35th picks. They cancelled Evan Turner's workout.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

just like the wizards have worked out more people then just john wall

dont read to much into it
They've worked out people for their #30 pick you idiot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Teams will usually only do that when they have a guy targeted and want to disguise it from certain team's that are selecting in front of them. Everyone and their uncle knows that the Wizards are taking John Wall, so Philly doesn't have to hide any feelings they have for or against Evan Turner.

The fact that they're bringing both Cousins and Favors in to go against each other in a workout so close to the draft tells me a lot.

Am I saying that they're not going to select Evan Turner? Absolutely not. But it's obvious that they haven't made any kind of definitive decision yet. Who knows? Maybe they're working these two out because they are interested in trading down to #3 or #4 and want to see which they like better.
nerd.gif

Only time will tell. Like I said, when it comes down to it, I still believe there's a 90% chance they select Turner.

It was reported in Europe that the Houston Rockets and Minnesota Timberwolves are working on a trade for Nikola Pekovic. It would most likely be a draft day trade.
Pekovic wants to come to the NBA next season and the Wolves offer of $9 million over 3 years isn't enough money for him so they are discussing a trade with the Rockets, who would be willing to pay him what he wants, which is the MLE.

Rumored to be involved is the Rockets #14 selection.

Interesting.  If the right wing was there, I'd do it. Otherwise, there's not many players I'd be interested in on the Rockets for the Wolves.

Maybe they're working these two out because they are interested in trading down to #3 or #4 and want to see which they like better.
nerd.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if teams are trying to trade up for Turner. I think Philly would trade the #2, but only if Brand+his contract is included.

JpZ's exactly right. If Evan Turner has the hands down pick at that spot...Philly would not be working out anyone else. How's that even disputable?

Its most likely a insurance policy, in case someone indeed would take Brand and the #2 pick for something.

Hopefully the trade gets done. Morey is into a more polished dude than a rookie with 'potential' that would take years to groom.

Originally Posted by franchise3

#14 for this dude and #23

#14 straight up for him, no way

have you even seen him play? the man is a top scorer in europe. he is nba ready and im sure the wolves would love for him to play here if we didnt already have 45 other big men

Where is Stanley Robinson from UConn projected? And also Ryan Reynolds? I want the Thunder to end up with those 2

It was reported in Europe that the Houston Rockets and Minnesota Timberwolves are working on a trade for Nikola Pekovic. It would most likely be a draft day trade.
Pekovic wants to come to the NBA next season and the Wolves offer of $9 million over 3 years isn't enough money for him so they are discussing a trade with the Rockets, who would be willing to pay him what he wants, which is the MLE.

Rumored to be involved is the Rockets #14 selection.

Interesting.  If the right wing was there, I'd do it. Otherwise, there's not many players I'd be interested in on the Rockets for the Wolves.

Rockets should do the trade. We need another big man especially with Yao coming back and this kid has a lot of talent.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm REALLY hoping that Larry Sanders slips to #30, but I wouldn't be too mad if the Wizards landed Pondexter.

*For those of you who watched and are really familiar with Pondexter, is there any chance he can get some minutes at SG in the NBA?
I don't think Pondexter's handle and jumper are where they need to be to log significant minutes at the 2.

Originally Posted by DetlefSchrempf11

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm REALLY hoping that Larry Sanders slips to #30, but I wouldn't be too mad if the Wizards landed Pondexter.

*For those of you who watched and are really familiar with Pondexter, is there any chance he can get some minutes at SG in the NBA?
I don't think Pondexter's handle and jumper are where they need to be to log significant minutes at the 2.
agreed. he's as much of a 3 as a 3 can be.

via Yahoo! sports
After some gentle prodding by the New Jersey Nets’ front office, Georgia Tech’s Derrick Favors and Kentucky’s DeMarcus Cousins – the top two big men in the NBA draft – will work out one-on-one against each other on June 21 in East Rutherford, N.J.

The Nets hold the third pick in the draft, and so far Favors’ agent Wallace Prather has been reluctant to let him get matched with the bigger, stronger Cousins on the floor. They worked out together in Sacramento on Saturday, but largely stayed in individual drills. Sources say Nets general manager Rod Thorn is leaning toward drafting Favors, but wants to see him in some contact drills with Cousins.

The Nets have a talented young center with Brook Lopez(notes) and see Favors fitting into the power forward spot. For Cousins to leap over Favors into the third spot – assuming Kentucky point guard John Wall and Ohio State forward Evan Turner go first and second to the Washington Wizards and Philadelphia 76ers – he’ll have to show the Nets a level of agility and perimeter skill to play forward.

Favors and Cousins are also expected to share a workout in Philadelphia on Friday, sources said, but they won’t go against each other.

John Grieg, the agent for Cousins, won’t send his client to workout for the Minnesota Timberwolves, sources say, because he believes the Wolves have decided to draft Syracuse small forward Wesley Johnson.

Cousins had an excellent workout with the Sacramento Kings, grading out as the best shooter to visit Sacramento in the predraft process. He hit 78 percent of his shots in the workout, including a lot of pick-and-pop attempts.

Favors graded out as the far better athlete, but the Kings, who have the No. 5 pick in the draft, believed Cousins was a more advanced player. He showed Sacramento officials more range than they thought he had, consistently hitting the 17-foot jumper. The Kings are considering several players, but Cousins could be difficult to pass over.

Sources say the Kings are also still open to trade possibilities, and Detroit and Utah are two teams eager to move up in the draft. The Pistons’ Tayshaun Prince(notes) could be intriguing to the Kings, who are eager to add a veteran small forward to the roster.

John Grieg, the agent for Cousins, won’t send his client to workout for the Minnesota Timberwolves, sources say, because he believes the Wolves have decided to draft Syracuse small forward Wesley Johnson.
#%#$@! +%%*$ +%%*$ !!$! %@$% !!$!

#%#$@! +%%*$ +%%*$ !!$! %@$% !!$!

pimp.gif
I was waiting for your reactions. This could be smokescreen @!% though. I remember the Kings were publicly high on Rubio last year after their workout, but they took Tyreke at the end of the day. Just no Wes Johnson for the Kings... 

Our GM just strongly refuted that Wes Johnson rumor on a Minneapolis radio station.

Minnesota should either move the picks for Evan Turner or just trade out for an established player.

Not a fan of Wes Johnson and I don't like DeMarcus Cousins on this team either.

Back
Top Bottom