Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the month of January:

Scoring rank = 28th

3pt attempts per game = 11.7 (compared to 15.5 in Nov and 14 in Dec), which is 30th.

Assists rank = 28th

Marc's fg% = 43%

Mike's ast per game and fg% = 5.4 and 39.7%

Zbo's pts & rebs = 14/9.4

Rudy's pts = 16.5

The offense is getting worse as the season progresses and its direct correlation of the coach and his terrible offensive schemes. This isn't factoring in the terrible substitution patterns, still playing Bayless over Wroten, playing Marc way too many minutes, rarely playing Rudy at the small ball 4, etc. I appreciate what Lionel has done for the team, but its time for Dave Joerger to take over. This team is much better offensively than what they're currently showing.

And this is why I said the Grizzlies weren't contending a month ago.

But, they are not that bad though. They are closer to the way they were playing earlier in the year than the way they're playing now. I've seen our offense this bad on a consistent basis. Ever. I've seen our 3 point shooting be pretty bad, but not our entire offense.

Either way, the team can get hot in the last month again. I don't see this continuing for the rest of the season. If it does, a change is definitely coming.I don't expect our offense to be an elite offense, but it should be above average. Right now, its at a top 5 lottery team level.

Last edited:
6 years ago or what?

:rofl:

Before Rudy went down in the 2010-11 season, he and ZBO were both averaging 19ppg. ZBO was having 25-30+ point games WITH Rudy on the floor. This was before we lived and died by the inside/out strategy. When ZBO got hurt last season, the team just didn't have enough shooters that could help space the floor. The team still had at least an average offense with ZBO out for the most part. This season, the team has guys who can shoot the ball, but our offense is so stagnant with hardly any movement, and Conley/Hollins isn't doing a damn thing about it.

The roster in itself is fine, even though I would like another guard off the bench (like Vince Carter) heading into the playoffs. But, the offensive scheme has to go. We have to get back to just playing basketball and not forcing the action/over thinking. If that means getting rid of Hollins, then do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom