did you just leave happy hour?

the top 5 seeds last year in the East were
Chi
Miami
Indy
Bos
ATL

I dont see Bos and Chi having better records then they did last year
You might throw in Philly and the Nets but I havnt made my mind up to how good they can actually be
Indy or Atl have a really good shot at getting that 2 seed
Plus i think ATL is alot better than last year

the top 5 seeds last year in the East were
Chi
Miami
Indy
Bos
ATL
I dont see Bos and Chi having better records then they did last year
You might throw in Philly and the Nets but I havnt made my mind up to how good they can actually be
Indy or Atl have a really good shot at getting that 2 seed
Plus i think ATL is alot better than last year

Boston improved pretty dramatically over the offseason. Not sure how you have Atlanta jumping from a 5 seed to 2 seed after losing their best player for a bunch of scrubs.

I predict:

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Indiana
4. Brooklyn
5. New York
6. Philadelphia
7. Chicago
8. Atlanta

bulls are gonna have a big swing mid/late season getting in with #5 seed and hopefully taking conference title.tonosurprise

boom

Blake Ahearn
DJ Augustin
Sundiata Gaines
Paul George
Gerald Green
Tyler Hansbrough
Ben Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert
George Hill
Ian Mahinmi
Luke Nevill
Jeff Pendergraph
Miles Plumlee
Lance Stephenson
David West
Sam Young

This is the roster for the Pacers as of today. As the team with the 3rd best record in the league last year, and a team that played OKAY in the playoffs last year. What are everybody's expectations for this team this year?

I'm not one to have unrealistic expectations, so until I see how the new parts mesh, I dont have championship aspirations this year, unless something unforseen happens. I think the biggest hope for the Pacers is to trade Danny Granger for either a decent 1st round pick, or a starting SG (Tyreke? Marcus Thorton?), and moving Paul George to SF. I think playing SG for Paul George at 6'10 is doing him a huge disservice, because he cant handle the ball well enough to take most SG's off the dribble, but with his defensive prowess, and his athleticism, he can be an Andre Igudolaesque player.

I also think (hope?) that DJ Augustine overtakes George Hill as the starting PG

Last edited:
Boston improved pretty dramatically over the offseason. Not sure how you have Atlanta jumping from a 5 seed to 2 seed after losing their best player for a bunch of scrubs.

im banking on Teague still improving he played okay last year
Harris is an improvement over Hinrich
Lou Williams will replace any scoring lost by Joe
Morrow and Korver add range
The O should be a little bit more free this year
I mean last year The Hawks had the 4th best record in the East
and their Best Player Al Horford missed 7/8ths of the season

[quote name=solarius49" url="/t/507195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread-pre-season-has-begun/1440_20#post_16427094"]Blake Ahearn
DJ Augustin
Sundiata Gaines
Paul George
Gerald Green
Tyler Hansbrough
Ben Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert
George Hill
Ian Mahinmi
Luke Nevill
Jeff Pendergraph
Miles Plumlee
Lance Stephenson
David West
Sam Young
This is the roster for the Pacers as of today. As the team with the 3rd best record in the league last year, and a team that played OKAY in the playoffs last year. What are everybody's expectations for this team this year?
I'm not one to have unrealistic expectations, so until I see how the new parts mesh, I dont have championship aspirations this year, unless something unforseen happens. I think the biggest hope for the Pacers is to trade Danny Granger for either a decent 1st round pick, or a starting SG (Tyreke? Marcus Thorton?), and moving Paul George to SF. I think playing SG for Paul George at 6'10 is doing him a huge disservice, because he cant handle the ball well enough to take most SG's off the dribble, but with his defensive prowess, and his athleticism, he can be an Andre Igudolaesque player.
I also think (hope?) that DJ Augustine overtakes George Hill as the starting PG[/quote]
The Pacers are the new Hawks unless Paul George makes a monumental leap or he gets traded for a superstar.

[quote name=solarius49" url="/t/507195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread-pre-season-has-begun/1440_20#post_16427094"]Blake Ahearn
DJ Augustin
Sundiata Gaines
Paul George
Gerald Green
Tyler Hansbrough
Ben Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert
George Hill
Ian Mahinmi
Luke Nevill
Jeff Pendergraph
Miles Plumlee
Lance Stephenson
David West
Sam Young
I also think (hope?) that DJ Augustine overtakes George Hill as the starting PG
The Pacers are the new Hawks unless Paul George makes a monumental leap or he gets traded for a superstar.[/quote]

I think he could make a huge leap, if he was playing a forward position, but he isnt built to play SG (by no fault of his own). I think Granger should be traded for a scoring SG, and George moved to SF

This is wild...

Last May, Grantland's Jordan Conn wrote a terrific Harden profile that included the following revelation: Before the 2009 draft, Harden (considered to be a top-five pick) e-mailed Presti pushing for Oklahoma City to select him third overall. See, Harden disliked being "The Man" at Arizona State. He hated the pressure of delivering game after game after game. He didn't need 20 shots a game. He'd rather become the third-best player on a great team than the best player on a forgettable one. If anything, playing with Durant and Westbrook was perfect for him. James Harden wanted to make sure Sam Presti knew that. So he e-mailed him to make sure.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8486795/the-harden-dilemma

Yea i'm a huge paul george fan but as of this year i don't see him being that takeover in the clutch superstar that they need

Yea i'm a huge paul george fan but as of this year i don't see him being that takeover in the clutch superstar that they need

I agree, like I said, I think he can develop into an Iggy type of "very good" player. And I would send Granger to Sac Town for Reke or Thorton

I agree, like I said, I think he can develop into an Iggy type of "very good" player. And I would send Granger to Sac Town for Reke or Thorton

to Trade Granger for tyreke or much worse marcus thornton :lol: is a really bad idea / move to make no matter how you feel about danny granger

Last edited:
Don't know how old this is or if it's already been posted. Its a little inside look on what Royce White goes through with his panic attacks

to Trade Granger for tyreke or much worse marcus thornton :lol: is a really bad idea / move to make no matter how you feel about danny granger

Oh, I love Danny Granger, but if you can get one of those players, or a high 1st round pick, it would fill a serious need for the team

to Trade Granger for tyreke or much worse marcus thornton
laugh.gif
is a really bad idea / move to make no matter how you feel about danny granger
Oh, I love Danny Granger, but if you can get one of those players, or a high 1st round pick, it would fill a serious need for the team
QFT

“I had a workout with the Lakers, beat all the guards out for the starting position, earned a spot on the team. Midway through the first season, I tried to at least have a conversation with Kobe Bryant — he is my teammate, he is a co-worker of mine, I see his face every day I go in to work — and I tried to talk with him about football. He tells me I can’t talk to him. He tells me I need more accolades under my belt before I come talk to him. He was dead serious.”

- Smush Parker

im banking on Teague still improving he played okay last year
Harris is an improvement over Hinrich
Lou Williams will replace any scoring lost by Joe
Morrow and Korver add range
The O should be a little bit more free this year
I mean last year The Hawks had the 4th best record in the East
and their Best Player Al Horford missed 7/8ths of the season

Lou Williams is a career 11 ppg scorer. He is not going to fill Joe Johnson's shoes on offense. If anything that means Josh Smith and Horford get more touches, but Atlanta did not improve as a team over the offseason. In terms of cap space, yes, but as a squad no.

There will be less iso, and more outside shooting maybe, but they're not a 2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom