Entrenched in deep though:

Perplexed:

Encouraging:

Befuddled:

Amused:

Grief:

Dumbfounded:

Perverse:

Apparently, Minnesota offered DWill and Pekovic for Pau, but it was turned down by the Lakers.

Talent-wise, I don't think that's a bad deal for the Lakers. The problem is that I can't really see Pekovic playing with Dwight. He's a true C, not a PF. So, he'd have to be a back up. I guess Williams could play PF in the D'Antoni system, but that would be a little risky, considering how he's performed in Minny.

I think it would be a great deal for the T-Wolves though. I think Pau and Love would play very well together.

Lakers Receive Gasol Inquiries From Raptors, Wolves Dec 06, 2012 11:05 AM EST

The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have already tried to discuss a trade for Pau Gasol with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to sources.

The Lakers are telling teams that they will assess the roster upon the return of Steve Nash.

Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Linas Kleiza are amongst the players the Raptors would consider moving for Gasol, according to sources.

The Wolves would love to add Gasol to form a three-man core with Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. David Kahn would build an offer around Derrick Williams and Nikola Pekovic.

The Lakers' number one target is believed to be Ryan Anderson from the Hornets, but is considered virtually untouchable.

Talent-wise, I don't think that's a bad deal for the Lakers. The problem is that I can't really see Pekovic playing with Dwight. He's a true C, not a PF. So, he'd have to be a back up. I guess Williams could play PF in the D'Antoni system, but that would be a little risky, considering how he's performed in Minny.
I think it would be a great deal for the T-Wolves though. I think Pau and Love would play very well together.

No thanks. Im not all giving up Pek, who is a FA after this year and has overachieved really quick and deserves a payday.

Reddick for Malcolm Lee, Dwill, and a draft pick is what I'm hoping for. No Chase and god knows if Roy will ever play again we need another shooter. With Rubio coming back we need more wing help and Malcolm and Derrick will do if Josh Howard can stay because if this team stays this way for a while they might wave him. So bye Malcolm and Derrick. Orlando will be a good spot for both to play.

Plus I have no idea why we have Lou still

Last edited:
Yeah, it's unnecessary for both the Wolves and the Lakers to make a move right now. Gasol might be fine once Nash comes back. Pek might start doing really well once Rubio comes back. Pekovic is a good fit next to Love and is a REALLY good center. Gasol is definitely better but not a huge upgrade.

Trade also definitely doesn't make sense for the Lakers unless it's a 3-way. Pekovic and Dwight can't play together in ANY system. Both are pure centers - you can't get away with that in today's NBA.

Derrick Williams for JJ Reddick makes too much sense not to happen. A line up of:

Rubio
Reddick/Shved
AK47/Budinger
Love
Pek

would do DAMAGE. They'd also be running an all-white team :lol:

Makes a ton of sense for the Wolves, getting a shooter and a wing which they need unless they're ready to count on Malcolm Lee as a starter. Orlando is rebuilding, so getting ONE promising young player after trading Dwight for no promising young players - would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Pekovic has been playing so much better since Love returned. While Gasol is intriguing, I'm in the camp of keeping Pek. Redick for DWill would be ideal, but is this a rumor or your pipe dream Hood?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Lakers to have a deal centered around a young Derrick Williams. The window is closing and the pressure is on to win now...Derrick doesn't help us do that.

Lakers Receive Gasol Inquiries From Raptors, Wolves Dec 06, 2012 11:05 AM EST
The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have already tried to discuss a trade for Pau Gasol with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to sources.
The Lakers are telling teams that they will assess the roster upon the return of Steve Nash.
Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Linas Kleiza are amongst the players the Raptors would consider moving for Gasol, according to sources.
The Wolves would love to add Gasol to form a three-man core with Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. David Kahn would build an offer around Derrick Williams and Nikola Pekovic.
The Lakers' number one target is believed to be Ryan Anderson from the Hornets, but is considered virtually untouchable.

Bargnani, Williams, and Kleiza would be perfect under D'antoni. Seems like Williams is the exact player he would be looking for at that 4 spot.

Anderson is 24, 6'10", making $8 million and doing 18 (on 48/44/87) and eight in 33 minutes per.

Pretty untouchable.

Last edited:
Austin Rivers: 32-113 from the field.

28%.
sick.gif
mean.gif
So disappointed in this guy. Unbelieveable. LA should take that Raptors deal before they smarten up and dont do it, as a matter of fact the wolves deal is good too, both of these are too much for Pau

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom