Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deserve got nothing to do with it.

snoop :smokin

Damn, guess you were right. San Antonio jus' stole won in Game 1. Maybe same scenario as last Finals winning four straight starting Sunday evening. I'm a Celtic fan, by the way. Also, Yeah San Antonio is mismatched against Miami. Bosh will bring Duncan out to the perimeter, and Dwyane will jus' muscle Danny Green all day. #SpursNation better feel good about that game 1 win, cause I dunno about these next four games.

+

Everyone played well on both teams last night. The fourth quarter was the deciding difference. Miami with five turnovers and Dwyane being scoreless in the 4th. I still have Miami in 5 but it gotta be discouraging to have your bench play so well and still lose.

Its okay to waver on your pick when things go wrong, as long as youre still with the same team. Now if you say miami in 5 it just sounds like a major reach. lol Bosh will bring duncan out to the perimeter? Dude, tim duncan looked bosh dead in his eye from the block when he clanked that 3 with under a minute. DWade is hurt, hes might outmuscle a few points, but to act like this guy is going to run around with danny green on D and have energy on offense with an injured knee is highly unlikely. Popovich is a smart guy.

Word. But look at how Miami cleaned the Spurs in Game 2. Virtually shutting down LeBreezy in the first three quarters. This series is over, I think.

Duncan is to smart to have bosh pull him out the perimeter and for him to even think that is a possibility he would have to start hitting those mid range jumpers and 3's and after last night NO ONE should be wanting bosh to attempt those again especially in a critical Game 2 for Miami. This series will basically show that Miami in a nutshell were not ready for the spurs. Whether its through skill set or lack of rest. The spurs winning in 5 is looking real promising but if the spurs win game 2 I will officially start the broom talk. Sunday is do or die for the heat

Look how Bosh turned it around, shut Duncan down. Kawhi played great defense on LeBreezy. for the first three quarters and then BOOM! Miami blew the game wide open. Miami in 5, man.

Over? Come on lol. Miami gonna take all 3 in SA? lol whatever you say man.

Word. But look at how Miami cleaned the Spurs in Game 2. Virtually shutting down LeBreezy in the first three quarters. This series is over, I think.

Look how Bosh turned it around, shut Duncan down. Kawhi played great defense on LeBreezy. for the first three quarters and then BOOM! Miami blew the game wide open. Miami in 5, man.

Bosh shut Duncan down? :rofl:
No the spurs offense couldn't get their pick and rolls going and its because the first half they were lighting it up from 3 and went stagnant on the second half once the shot stop sinking in. Kawhi is playing really good defense on lebron so I will say this, their is no way the heat can win with lebron avg. 17.5 points. Those role players aren't gonna carry them through the finals, hell watch em freeze up in San Antonio tonight. Spurs in 5 and it starts tonight

P.S. the heat's second option, you know that guy D. Wade? 10 pts on 5/13 shooting in game 2. Liability??? Or reason the heat lose???

No the spurs offense couldn't get their pick and rolls going and its because the first half they were lighting it up from 3 and went stagnant on the second half once the shot stop sinking in. Kawhi is playing really good defense on lebron so I will say this, their is no way the heat can win with lebron avg. 17.5 points. Those role players aren't gonna carry them through the finals, hell watch em freeze up in San Antonio tonight. Spurs in 5 and it starts tonight

P.S. the heat's second option, you know that guy D. Wade? 10 pts on 5/13 shooting in game 2. Liability??? Or reason the heat lose???
Wade barley played on the second half cause we went on the run without him. He'll go for at least 18 tonight

haven't read through here but the heat using lebron as the roll man on the PnR destroyed SA's gameplan. they planned for him to isolate and attack and just crowd the paint, but when he's involved in the PnR his defender has to hesitate on whether to stay with bron or give chalmers/wade a clean drive to the rim. him rolling also makes the perimeter defenders hesitate because they don't want to crash if he doesn't receive the pass, but if he does get the pass he's already within 10 feet of the basket with the defense completely spread out, and not packed in like they'd want to. a couple of times he caught the pass on the roll and the spurs doubled allowing him to hit miller for wide open 3s. im interested to see what Pop does differently from game 2 to 3.

i didn't watch the spurs offense operate as closely, but i did notice that defensively between games 1 and 2 the heat altered their PnR coverage. in game 1, haslem or bosh or whoever was covering the screener was back on their heels as parker came around a screen. in game 2, they hedged hard and pushed him further away from the basket, allowing chalmers/cole to recover on parker and have the big rotate back to the screener. IMO the spurs can still run that PnR but if miami continues the hard hedge, parker is gonna need to swing cross court to the weak side to force miami to help less defensively as it would put them out of position.

Ewing hired as assistant coach for the Bobcats

Hopefully he can be a great influence on Biyombo

Can't nobody save Bismack :lol:

Still can't believe Dwight had so much time with him and still couldn't develop

You're completely forgetting the defensive side of the ball. Dwight was the elite defensive big man in the league and Ewing's coaching was a great help. If he can help Biyombo to get easy dunks and put backs, that's all you need from him offensively. It's the defensive that he can be a real game changer.

No the spurs offense couldn't get their pick and rolls going and its because the first half they were lighting it up from 3 and went stagnant on the second half once the shot stop sinking in.
I think Miami would live with 3's late in the clock, coming from Green or Leonard. The 3's kept them within reach for the majority of the game. Same as Miami in G1.

haven't read through here but the heat using lebron as the roll man on the PnR destroyed SA's gameplan.... im interested to see what Pop does differently from game 2 to 3.
Only thing they can do is back off him and make him shoot a midrange jumper. Problem is that he can actually hit that one.

Or they could trap Chalmers and hope that when he kicks it out, they will have recovered. With some of the lineups Spoelstra uses when he goes small, virtually impossible for Splitter/Duncan/Diaw/Bonner to recover defensively.

i didn't watch the spurs offense operate as closely, but i did notice that defensively between games 1 and 2 the heat altered their PnR coverage. in game 1, haslem or bosh or whoever was covering the screener was back on their heels as parker came around a screen. in game 2, they hedged hard and pushed him further away from the basket, allowing chalmers/cole to recover on parker and have the big rotate back to the screener. IMO the spurs can still run that PnR but if miami continues the hard hedge, parker is gonna need to swing cross court to the weak side to force miami to help less defensively as it would put them out of position.
They got more into his chest, rather than giving him breathing room and they extended the defense by bumping hard cuts as well. Parker still got open on that baseline loop with the staggered screens, but Miami was pushing up on the ball handler the entire game. Weakside rotation was better, but not as good as it needed to be for Miami(i.e. Danny Green).

Last edited:
Ewing hired as assistant coach for the Bobcats

Hopefully he can be a great influence on Biyombo

Can't nobody save Bismack :lol:

Still can't believe Dwight had so much time with him and still couldn't develop

You're completely forgetting the defensive side of the ball. Dwight was the elite defensive big man in the league and Ewing's coaching was a great help. If he can help Biyombo to get easy dunks and put backs, that's all you need from him offensively. It's the defensive that he can be a real game changer.

agreed. in today's NBA teams like to push tempo and having a big man who can protect the rim, rebound, catch around the rim and finish effectively is at a premium. bismack is pretty raw but it's not like you need to turn him into hakeem. he can be pretty productive if he finishes around the basket and plays stout defense

Wade barley played on the second half cause we went on the run without him. He'll go for at least 18 tonight

Yeah I hated how some of the articles were saying he was "held" to 10 points or whatever. He had a good first half and was on the bench for rest, then the lineup that was on the floor went on that 33-5 run. When a lineup is hot you ride it.

Yeah I hated how some of the articles were saying he was "held" to 10 points or whatever. He had a good first half and was on the bench for rest, then the lineup that was on the floor went on that 33-5 run. When a lineup is hot you ride it.
That step by on Duncan was nice he had

lets go Spurs

Lets not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom