Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^on that mean tweets vid, just want to note that CP and Blake did their segments together. What chemistry problems? Phsssshhh

Brian Shaw will never get a chance, EVER. Jason Kidd can just waltz into coaching job less than 7 days after retirement and yet hes been waiting for years.

Brian Shaw will never get a chance, EVER. Jason Kidd can just waltz into coaching job less than 7 days after retirement and yet hes been waiting for years.

He's a Nets legend so I completely understand.
One of the best PG's ever with a brilliant bball IQ...and he did lead them to the Finals twice...oh and apart from being a Nets legend hes a living basketball legend....yeah :smokin

Just a thought. Maybe teams are weary of signing him because of his association with the triangle offense. I mean, Rambis' tenure with the Wolves comes to mind and his version of the triangle never worked out.

Just ask yourselves this question, does Jason Kidd DESERVE this job? Not a Coaching job, but THIS job. A team that made it abundantly clear that they were in search of a high quality coach who could bring this team to the next level, who for all intents and purposes fired two coaches this year who coached what really is a mediorce basketball team to the best of its abilty, should hire a guy who has zero prior experience? Nets legend or not this isnt the move they needed to make. It will be even worse when the team continues to suck and they hang Kidd out to dry for it. Brian Shaw would be a better fit, I could see the triangle working with the players they have. I would think that he could do a better job commanding the respect of the roster at this point than Kidd could, especially with Deron Williams there. I think the last person he would want to listen to is a guy whos regarded as his predecessor and a rookie coach. We shall see though.

Just ask yourselves this question, does Jason Kidd DESERVE this job? Not a Coaching job, but THIS job. A team that made it abundantly clear that they were in search of a high quality coach who could bring this team to the next level, who for all intents and purposes fired two coaches this year who coached what really is a mediorce basketball team to the best of its abilty, should hire a guy who has zero prior experience? Nets legend or not this isnt the move they needed to make. It will be even worse when the team continues to suck and they hang Kidd out to dry for it. Brian Shaw would be a better fit, I could see the triangle working with the players they have. I would think that he could do a better job commanding the respect of the roster at this point than Kidd could, especially with Deron Williams there. I think the last person he would want to listen to is a guy whos regarded as his predecessor and a rookie coach. We shall see though.

Um...Its not what u know, but who u know???

Brian Shaw has turned down coaching jobs though...

Nets want to make a splash and keep their names relevant in NYC because that team is headed nowhere fast with Joe Cool and G. Wallace on the books for eternity.

Brian Shaw has turned down coaching jobs though...

Nets want to make a splash and keep their names relevant in NYC because that team is headed nowhere fast with Joe Cool and G. Wallace on the books for eternity.
Yup. I can see it now. "Jason Kidd Jersey Retirement Ceremony: WHILE HES THE COACH!!!!! And to make it all the more spectacular, they will be playing the Bobcats so they can get a blowout win on the night Kidds jersey is retired while hes coaching the team. The merchandising opportunities. You guys are right deserving has little to do with it, but its a terrible fit, and if he really wants a long term career in coaching this isnt the right place to start. This would be one of the last places I would want to go. Lofty goals with a roster not talented enough to achieve them.

Last edited:
Nets fan...

Damn, guess you were right. San Antonio jus' stole won in Game 1. Maybe same scenario as last Finals winning four straight starting Sunday evening. I'm a Celtic fan, by the way. Also, Yeah San Antonio is mismatched against Miami. Bosh will bring Duncan out to the perimeter, and Dwyane will jus' muscle Danny Green all day. #SpursNation better feel good about that game 1 win, cause I dunno about these next four games.

+

Everyone played well on both teams last night. The fourth quarter was the deciding difference. Miami with five turnovers and Dwyane being scoreless in the 4th. I still have Miami in 5 but it gotta be discouraging to have your bench play so well and still lose.

Its okay to waver on your pick when things go wrong, as long as youre still with the same team. Now if you say miami in 5 it just sounds like a major reach. lol Bosh will bring duncan out to the perimeter? Dude, tim duncan looked bosh dead in his eye from the block when he clanked that 3 with under a minute. DWade is hurt, hes might outmuscle a few points, but to act like this guy is going to run around with danny green on D and have energy on offense with an injured knee is highly unlikely. Popovich is a smart guy.

Word. But look at how Miami cleaned the Spurs in Game 2. Virtually shutting down LeBreezy in the first three quarters. This series is over, I think.

Duncan is to smart to have bosh pull him out the perimeter and for him to even think that is a possibility he would have to start hitting those mid range jumpers and 3's and after last night NO ONE should be wanting bosh to attempt those again especially in a critical Game 2 for Miami. This series will basically show that Miami in a nutshell were not ready for the spurs. Whether its through skill set or lack of rest. The spurs winning in 5 is looking real promising but if the spurs win game 2 I will officially start the broom talk. Sunday is do or die for the heat

Look how Bosh turned it around, shut Duncan down. Kawhi played great defense on LeBreezy. for the first three quarters and then BOOM! Miami blew the game wide open. Miami in 5, man.

^DG you crazy :lol:
Bosh aint shut nobody down, Duncan shots wasnt falling...i aint gonna say too much except I cant wait to see what tonight brings

cant believe kidds not wasting any time.  i have no doubts he'll be a great coach

i also expect d will to return to elite form playing for kidd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom