Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28. I am going to be in the building. I will not boo bird.
The playof the game, his patented take the screen going left but they tried to trap him, he used the in and out to split the 2 defenders, Euro'd by the next game and began to lose the ball as he was fouled, still retrieved it in stride and layed up over Tayshaun Prince and 1! Literally cooked 4 of the 5 players on the court for Detroit, People will negative nancy of course that "it's just Detroit" but the skillset involved in the plays he is capable of making is remarkable. Yes he goes left every time and splits and Euros every time and you know it's coming, but it still can't be stopped
THIS! Thats how you know a player is special, you know whats coming but your still not able to stop it. Harden will be great. Im not basing this off ONE game just like Nasty said its his skill set. He has been doin this since last year now he just has all the opportunities to be the #1. And he will excel in that role

Spurs win!!! That clutch closing:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

they arent that bad, theres worse teams he could have done it against.

Nah son, Detroit is bottom five in the league.

yea but theres teams worse than them. they arent that bad, no bias either. They will be a good team in a year or two no worries. we are doing great in the draft and got a bunch of promising players. either it all comes together or it doesnt.

yea but theres teams worse than them. they arent that bad, no bias either. They will be a good team in a year or two no worries. we are doing great in the draft and got a bunch of promising players. either it all comes together or it doesnt.
Their front court is promising.

No he didn't....

- He maximized what he could get with the draft picks (especially Toronto's first)

- wasnt going to be able to pay him AND Ibaka

-wasnt gonna be held captive for a max deal i.e. Orlando

- Got Lamb to fill the bench scoring role

-Expiring contract in Martin

Now if they get rid of Perkins...he's a GAWD

Win-win for both James and the Thunder

Can't they just amnesty Perk?

To think, if he performs up to expectations...Harden will ONLY be 28 by the end of this deal.

yes they can, if he doesnt perform well this season im 99% sure he will get amnestied next summer.

dont know the numbers but with Martin expiring and Perkins gone, do they have capspace? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Nope. Just KD, Russ, Serge, and Perk add up to about 54 next yr. Kill Perk, and have no center depth (by the way we just signed Daniel Orton, who we just cut like a week ago) and still at 45.

And a lot of fans here were upset about trading Harden, felt like they're putting profits over winning and conceding to never being able to compete with the big boys (I mean like yea we got Lamb, who isn't Harden type good, but even if he was so what? It'd take a few yrs, and then we'd have to pay him in 2016 so then what? Trade him too) because of financials, which as Bill Simmons continues to point out, aren't bad at all. As a season ticket holder I can 100% guarantee you they are no where near starving for money. You should see how much free **** they give out. I have a box of 35,000 schedules sitting right next to me.

But more than anything, this puts heavy pressure on Kevin Martin for Friday at the opener

greivis vasquez is a solid player imo
i've been following his career since maryland, from day 1 in the league he's had high bball IQ and is a solid passer. without jarret jack stealing his minutes he'll average 8+apg

and since everybody has an opinion on Harden.. he is NOT gonna cook night in night out, but i think he'll average around 20/6. that being said, he's only 23 and will undoubtedly be a top 2 SG within the next few years.

Last edited:
Great game for Harden & Spencer Hawes
Thought the Rockets were gonna lose and then Delfino started hitting everything lol
And as for my team the Sixers, all I have to say is Iguo...who? hahaha
That dude did nothing and barely played in the second half cause everytime he was on the floor everything would go wrong lol

Just one game, but I said this even when the trade went down.

James Harden is going to be around this every night. For no other reason, he has to. He has to not only shoot a lot, but have the ball in his hands and make plays for everyone. It's the Lebron Effect. Nobody else on this squad save for Lin at times, can create for themselves.

James skillset complements this dilemma perfectly. He's like a scoring PG ala Lebron in Cleveland. (Waits for people to say "After one game people are comparing Harden to Lebron" completely missing the point)

If you mean as far as being the go-to guys to make the 1st play, true. But this team does have other scorers. This seems like another knee-jerk post of more people who are seeing the Rockets for the 1st time in years, or people catch them on some of their worst nights. Harden is gonna be the guy of course, with Lin next in line, but Parsons (who was slept on all last year) and Patterson are more than capable scorers, especially since they don't have to be the lead guys. Terrence Jones who didn't play the night will more than likely be taking Patterson's job toward the second half of the season. Greg Smith is a bigger more active Patterson and will be a nice addition to play behind Asik. Delfino will pretty much shoot the 3 like he did tonight. Royce White, Donatas Motiejunes, and Marcus Morris will probably be the x-factors for them. I have no idea why people have pegged this team as a Bobcats/Wizards/Kings type team, even before Harden got here. That's false :lol: And again, even though this was a different team last year, people were making the same statements, and yet you saw how they played against some of those top tier teams, beating quite a few of them. So no, the Rockets aren't a 1 man show, but it's good to finally have a guy who you know is the guy playing with a solid cast, instead of trying to make Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, or Kyle Lowry that guy.

TIm Duncan
24 Points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks, 10-15 shooting, 4-5 FT

This use to be 1st half numbers for TD.

:smh:

:lol: TIMMY!!!!

:pimp:

Last edited:
Serious question:

Does anybody think that Harden could actually start at point guard in this league?

If you mean as far as being the go-to guys to make the 1st play, true. But this team does have other scorers. This seems like another knee-jerk post of more people who are seeing the Rockets for the 1st time in years, or people catch them on some of their worst nights. Harden is gonna be the guy of course, with Lin next in line, but Parsons (who was slept on all last year) and Patterson are more than capable scorers, especially since they don't have to be the lead guys. Terrence Jones who didn't play the night will more than likely be taking Patterson's job toward the second half of the season. Greg Smith is a bigger more active Patterson and will be a nice addition to play behind Asik. Delfino will pretty much shoot the 3 like he did tonight. Royce White, Donatas Motiejunes, and Marcus Morris will probably be the x-factors for them. I have no idea why people have pegged this team as a Bobcats/Wizards/Kings type team, even before Harden got here. That's false :lol: And again, even though this was a different team last year, people were making the same statements, and yet you saw how they played against some of those top tier teams, beating quite a few of them. So no, the Rockets aren't a 1 man show, but it's good to finally have a guy who you know is the guy playing with a solid cast, instead of trying to make Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, or Kyle Lowry that guy.

True, but a lot of those guys that they have are complimentary guys that are beneficiaries rather than creators is my point.

Hometown commentators are terrible and terribly biased.

In other news the girl in the catsuit that they just showed during the NO/SAS game was :smokin

Fratello doing a good breakdown of the Lakers struggling because they aren't running the offense right

Shannon Brown should be a D-Wade type player he just has no bball iq

No he didn't....

- He maximized what he could get with the draft picks (especially Toronto's first)

- wasnt going to be able to pay him AND Ibaka

-wasnt gonna be held captive for a max deal i.e. Orlando

- Got Lamb to fill the bench scoring role

-Expiring contract in Martin

Now if they get rid of Perkins...he's a GAWD

Win-win for both James and the Thunder

Can't they just amnesty Perk?

To think, if he performs up to expectations...Harden will ONLY be 28 by the end of this deal.

yes they can, if he doesnt perform well this season im 99% sure he will get amnestied next summer.

dont know the numbers but with Martin expiring and Perkins gone, do they have capspace? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Nope. Just KD, Russ, Serge, and Perk add up to about 54 next yr. Kill Perk, and have no center depth (by the way we just signed Daniel Orton, who we just cut like a week ago) and still at 45.

IMO with the league shaping to be uptempo... Ibaka IS there center.

Starting at point guard means he'd have to guard point guards...so that wouldn't be a smart move unless you want to see him pick up 3 fouls in the first half of every game trying to keep dudes in front of him.

Starting at point guard means he'd have to guard point guards...so that wouldn't be a smart move unless you want to see him pick up 3 fouls in the first half of every game trying to keep dudes in front of him.
It's semantics. Pair him next to a scoring point guard and he is still effectively the point guard on offense (what the Thunder did in 4th quarters) and if he's getting worked on d by a too fast pg trying to guard him, cross match back on offense.

Last edited:
It's semantics. Pair him next to a scoring point guard and he is still effectively the point guard on offense (what the Thunder did in 4th quarters) and if he's getting worked on d by a too fast pg trying to guard him, cross match back on offense.

That works with a guard Westbrook's size.

Next to someone like Lin? He struggles himself trying to guard point guards as is.

Nash should have went to New York. I can't stomach watching him standing in the corner like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom