Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why people call the Clippers pretenders and the Grizzlies contenders but I can't get by the fact that that same team Clipper team [who were badly injured] beat Memphis in the playoffs last year. If anything I still look at them as equal.

Its hard to factor what they did last season into what's going on now. The main guys that hurt Memphis in that series are not with the Clippers anymore outside of Bledsoe (Reggie Evans, Nick Young and Kenyon Martin). Then, factor in that we had more of an isolation team back then and not running the offense through Marc Gasol.

I'm not saying we are better, but I just would not factor in what happened a year ago because both teams are much different (at least when it comes to that series). Memphis also had an injured Zach Randolph along with Speights. This season, they have a healthy Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol on top of Ed Davis and Arthur.

I'm just ready for the playoffs to start. The West is going to be crazy!

Last edited:
Its hard to factor what they did last season into what's going on now. The main guys that hurt Memphis in that series are not with the Clippers anymore outside of Bledsoe (Reggie Evans, Nick Young and Kenyon Martin). Then, factor in that we had more of an isolation team back then and not running the offense through Marc Gasol.

I'm not saying we are better, but I just would not factor in what happened a year ago because both teams are much different (at least when it comes to that series). Memphis also had an injured Zach Randolph along with Speights. This season, they have a healthy Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol on top of Ed Davis and Arthur.

I'm just ready for the playoffs to start. The West is going to be crazy!
True. But I'd argue that the Clippers have improved from Evans, Young and Martin to Odom/Barnes and Crawford. Just saying that it's hard for me to consider Memphis contenders while the Clips are pretenders. That's all. I see both teams as equals in terms of odds. They are certainly both different than last post season but ultimately both are right there with each other. 

Why is everyone talking about how the East is bad and the top 16 teams from either conference should get in? The Bucks have a better record than the Jazz so as of now the top 16 teams are in :lol:

Wade: Pretenders. The Nuggets have a case for winning the conference on paper, but never trust a team that can't shoot. Only five teams shoot worse than Denver from 3-point range, and the Nuggets' 35.0 percent accuracy from midrange is second-worst in the league. Feasting in the paint has worked so far, but some team will take that away in the playoffs.
Bingo.

After seeing K-Mart, I don't understand why the Clips didn't want him back.

Blake must've felt bad when he had to sit in the 4th because of him and Reggie.

Last edited:
bucks are above .500 vs east
below .500 vs west

jazz below .500 vs west
above .500 vs east

Ok? Do you want the Bucks play more West teams? That travel would make them even worse. And if the Jazz had to play more games in the East. That travel might bring that below .500.

You play who you play. And even if Utah has a better record than the Bucks throw em in the playoffs still. What happens? Swept by the Heat. Yall just like to complain :lol: the playoff set up is fine

Couldn't agree more. We are pretenders. Our record speaks for itself. San Antonio will wipe the floor with D'Phoney's scheme. They've owned him and I don't see anything changing if we do secure the 8th spot. :smh: |I

On top of the fact that Denver does not take care of the ball. They are in the bottom 5 in turnovers per game as well. :nerd:

Mehhh. That's the pace moreso. We're tied for 10th in Turnover ratio with Memphis so it's not a big problem. You never really watch a game of Denver and see terrible sloppy play. They just have a lot of possessions

Mehhh. That's the pace moreso. We're tied for 10th in Turnover ratio with Memphis so it's not a big problem. You never really watch a game of Denver and see terrible sloppy play. They just have a lot of possessions

That's true too. I guess the difference between you guys turning the ball over and say a team like OKC is its a lot easier to focus on two scorers isolating (in particular Westbrook) than a team that moves the ball as well as you guys.

Last edited:
Paul George :smokin

Tyler Hansbrough averaging a double double since being inserted in the starting lineup. Dude is killing, he's definitely getting resigned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom