Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Nah I got Utah keeping 8th, OKC catching the Spurs, and Denver knocking Memphis out of 4th.

East I got ATL falling to 7th, Boston taking 5th and Brooklyn dropping to 6th.

I think Houston has a chance of moving up. OKC vs HOU matchup in the first round would be fun to watch if they end up 2 and 7.

But I like what you got for East.

Nah, here we don't go.

Rook: *warned* for trolling. Contribute positively to the thread, or YOU shut the hell up.

Bro.

(please tell me I'm sticking up for a fellow Laker fan; please be that simple-minded & immature)

Last edited:
^ :wow: :lol: ska with the roundabout "come at me bro"

And this is pretty spot-on... unfortunately.

Rivers Compares Bynum Situation To His Experience With Magic, Grant Hill
Mar 06, 2013 10:03 AM EST

Doc Rivers compared what Doug Collins is going through with Andrew Bynum's injury uncertainty to his tenure with the Orlando Magic when Grant Hill struggled with persistent injuries.

“I had Grant Hill for three years and we made the playoffs every year with that group, but it was hard,” Rivers said. “[The 76ers] are doing that same thing we did.

“You go into the year with your offense and defensive schemes for Grant and for Bynum, and then you’re running half of it but you don’t want to change too much uncertainty if he comes back, then you’re going to have to change back.

“You just felt like you were caught in flux the entire season. In our case, Grant would play, like, three games and sit out 30 more. It was really hard.”

A lot of people assume he's gonna get paid just cause he's a center with talent - which is certainly a good possibility - but the league is smarter and more suspicious than some give credit for. It could go down as people offer low or one-year deals, Bynum scoffs at that, and he has no home next year.

Last edited:
i think only way bynum "controls" where he wants to go is by taking the one yr deals. there may be a team who is desperate to land a big name/player that may throw a multi year deal, but it may not even be a "contender"

Rook: *warned* for trolling. Contribute positively to the thread, or YOU shut the hell up.
Good.

That post was only going to lead to 5-10 pages of Jordan/LeBron/Kobe garbage, making this thread even more of a cesspool.

Need to start banning people who make those troll/bait type posts from this thread altogether.

A one year deal might be Bynum's best bet. Prove that he's healthy, make himself available to the league and pick his favorite team of the bunch.

I expect he'll be getting a max deal this off season though.

A one year deal might be Bynum's best bet. Prove that he's healthy, make himself available to the league and pick his favorite team of the bunch.

I expect he'll be getting a max deal this off season though.

Or his worst. If he gets hurt and only plays 20 games, it'll just scare teams away even more. He was pretty confident in his recovery until recently... I'm sure these setbacks will come into play when he's looking for financial security.

Last edited:
ESPN NBA analyst Hubie Brown comments Lakers' struggles, Dwight Howard's health. - espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8876071

IMO unless all of the other teams with cap space opt for a 1 year offer for Bynum, he will/should take the offer from the team that offers him a long term deal. The fact that multiple doctors signed off on his knees at the beginning of the season makes me worried that he won't fully recover. If that's the case, he should strike while the iron is hot and jump at the best long term offer he gets this summer.

I've been banned from the Lakers thread.:lol:

*extends for handshake* welcome to the club :lol: I'm pretty sure you said something pretty vague and it remotely dealt with the Lakers, and and the jimmies blew off immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom