Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point we've seen so many damn dunks, that there really isnt much else thats gonna "wow" us. ***** been dead. I miss the Jason RIchardson and Desmond Mason days.

[h1]A Preview of Ads on NBA Jerseys Next Season?[/h1]

Written By: Chris Creamer

Sunday, February 17, 2013

In case everyone forgot, back in July the NBA approved the use of small advertisement patches on in-game team jerseys starting with the 2013-14 season.  As JR wrote for us back when the news hit “the terms seem to dictate a patch of 2 ½ inches-by-2 ½  on the chest, similar to the placement of the NBA Finals patch”.

Fast forward to last night’s 2013 NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Competition where all players wore a small Sprite branded “Slam Dunk” logo patch on the upper right corner of their regular team jerseys.

The sponsor branded patch worn by all Slam Dunk participants last night

Possibly a preview of what we’re to expect once this new revenue stream option is available to all 30 teams next season?  I’d think so, and if this absolutely HAS to happen, I’m fine with it being limited to what we saw last night.

Even this retro Vince Carter jersey wasn’t spared the sponsor patch

While obviously, as fans of uniforms, the last thing we all want is to see sponsors litter the in-game uniforms of the “Big 4″ sports leagues in North American, but if it absolutely has to happen are you satisfied with how the NBA did it last night?

@KobeBryant: At least lil @CP3 and baby Mamba can play together NBA can't veto this one Ha! pic.twitter.com/pJAjr2wJ

]

:lol:

training them already.

lil chris passes, baby mamba shoots. every. damn. time.

Gerald Green's pull ups :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

Bledsoe had a nice dunk, but JRICH did that already. Terrence Ross' 3rd round (?) dunk was nice...Mehh...still a whack year.

Whom would yall say is Jimmer's comparison, college wise??

My buddy said Quincy Douby... I was thinking maybe Stephen Curry, but he at least figured out how to play PG his last year at Davidson. 

those were ad's?

looks like the same stuff they added to all the jerseys for the events the last couple years..

My buddy said Quincy Douby... I was thinking maybe Stephen Curry, but he at least figured out how to play PG his last year at Davidson. 

First name that came to my mind was Steph. Trying to think of another 2 that had unlimited green light and am now coming up with anyone except Bo Kimble....any nobody should be compared to Gathers/Kimble era LMU.

There have been a lot of scoring guards like that.. Douby, Acie Law, Tyrese Rice, etc

There have been a lot of scoring guards like that.. Douby, Acie Law, Tyrese Rice, etc
Dang man, I always thought Jimmer was a special college player.... now that you put it that way, he feels rather ordinary. 

He probably just got that hype cuz he was white 
tired.gif

Dang man, I always thought Jimmer was a special college player.... now that you put it that way, he feels rather ordinary. 

He probably just got that hype cuz he was white 
tired.gif
:lol: I mean nah, he made the league so he's obviously better than a lot of those cats. You look at Curry, Morrison, Redick who were other elite scorers at the college level.. Jimmer def deserves to be mentioned with them.

My buddy said Quincy Douby.. 

Man Douby was one of my favorite players when he was at Rutgers, just buckets. Dude went to Sac and just faded away :lol: he was one of those dudes you knew wasn't going to make it in the league

He was also rocking the unibrow early

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom