Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is underpaid, but it has NOTHING to do with Miami, Bosh or Wade.

It has to do with the CBA.

With what he generates for the league, tv, money wise, he should be paid with blank checks, not held to the same price standard as a Rudy Gay or a Josh Smith.

That's a CBA thing, not a Heat thing, or anyone else.

Bron, Durant, players of that ilk, are underpaid and will continue to be while crap teams like the Kings sell for 525 million dollars. :smh:

He is underpaid, but it has NOTHING to do with Miami, Bosh or Wade.

It has to do with the CBA.

With what he generates for the league, tv, money wise, he should be paid with blank checks, not held to the same price standard as a Rudy Gay or a Josh Smith.

That's a CBA thing, not a Heat thing, or anyone else.

Bron, Durant, players of that ilk, are underpaid and will continue to be while crap teams like the Kings sell for 525 million dollars.
mean.gif
While this may be true, none of them will ever be paid what theyre worth, so we just have to talk about this in the parameters of what the CBA allows. LeBron even agrees with you
“It doesn’t matter to me, being the highest-paid guy in the league,” James said. “What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don’t think my value of what I do on the floor can be compensated anyway because of the CBA if you want this truth. If this was baseball, I’d be up there.”
I love this new cocky outspoken LeBron btw. I aslo have no issues with what LeBron said.

Last edited:
This news came out a week ago. There are 2 differant issues.

One is that he's underpaid in terms that the CBA protects the scrubs and hurts the super duper stars like lebron and Kobe as far as money is concerned. there should be no debate. He is correct on this but a bad messenger.

Two is the fact that he was crying specifically about how he hasn't gotten a max contract and that there isn't enough attention payed to his "sacrifice". On that he can get eat a bag of ****. He chose to not get a max contract from Cleveland. He chose to be butt buddies with his friends and take less. That is called consequences of a decision. Nobody should slurp him off because he took less to go on the easiest path possible for a championship. Shut the **** up. You made a choice. And benefitted from it because you have a ring and no state tax

Last edited:
You guys even know the context that was brought up in before jumping on him?

INDIANAPOLIS -- LeBron James doesn't think it's possible to be paid his actual value under the current NBA rules. Because of it, he said, he's been willing to "sacrifice" on his contracts.

"What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for, anyways, because of the (collective bargaining agreement)," James said Friday ahead of the Miami Heat's game against the Pacers (7 p.m. ET, ESPN) in Indianapolis.

HEAT INDEX
We've taken our talents to South Beach. Check out the Heat Index.

"If you want the truth. If this was baseball, it'd be up, I mean way up there."

There is no salary cap in Major League Baseball. James, who took a pay cut to sign with the Heat in 2010, is making $17.5 million this season, tied for 13th-highest in the NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant is first at $27.8 million.

In 2011, when he was asked what it would take to get him to play in Europe during the NBA's lockout, James speculated his play might be worth $50 million a year.

In the past several months, the Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies have traded star players because they were concerned about their salaries being too costly when a more stringent luxury tax arrives next season. The Thunder traded James Harden last fall, and the Grizzlies traded Rudy Gay this week.

James and teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all took less than the maximum salary when they signed three years ago. That should enable the Heat to keep them together next season, even with the new tax rules. James doesn't believe they have gotten credit for that decision.

"I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold," James said.

"I don't get (the credit) for it. That doesn't matter to me; playing the game is what matters to me. Financially, I'll sacrifice for the team. It shows for some of the top guys, it isn't all about money. That's the genuine side of this, it's about winning. I understand that."

Forbes recently estimated James earns $40 million per year in endorsements and sponsorships, thanks to deals with Nike, Coca-Cola, McDonald's, State Farm and Samsung.

Bosh also is earning $17.5 million this season, while Wade is making $17.1 million. Had they taken max deals in 2010, each could have made just under $20 million this season. It would have cost the Heat an additional $8 million in luxury taxes, roughly $12 million next season, and they might not have been able to add players Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Shane Battier and Ray Allen to the roster.

The Heat, however, would be subject to what is known as the "repeater" tax starting in 2014-15 if they keep James, Wade and Bosh together because they would be over the luxury tax for four years in a row. In that case, the Heat would pay a tax rate that is currently more than four times the current dollar-for-dollar rate. James, Wade and Bosh do have opt-out clauses in their contracts in summer 2014, however.

"I think teams understand that you need three guys to do big things; the "big three" thing is pretty cool if you can get it," James said. "To keep teams like this together, you may have to take even less because of the new CBA. I guess we'll find out."

I think he was just answering questions.

"To keep teams like this together, you may have to take even less because of the new CBA. I guess we'll find out."

That's most interesting to me. How much less is anyone, he or otherwise, really going to take? Bad business for the union.

But Coming into the draft, OJ was viewed as the better potential PG than Russell. No way were they going to make Conley, already their PG for the future, a backup to a rookie who had a plethora of questions surrounding his ability as a PG.

Nah son. OJ was trying to sell himself as a PG (compared himself to Deron Williams) but that was all agent talk. He didn't really play point at USC and he was a decent passer but never a PG. He couldn't even play PG in the summer league when Hollins gave him a chance. It was all talk because he was worried about being an undersized SG. Same way Perry Jones spoke about being a SF leading up to the draft, even though everyone knew that was a joke.

There were some question marks around Russell but Conley's JUST settling into his own. Russell would've definitely snatched that starting spot from Conley within a year.

Look I see where he's coming from he basically sells out every arena, TV showings, commercials, Nike etc but the cba got **** fkd so he's just gonna have to deal with it. Look at the Harden situation he left to get the Max and obviously different reason but CBA so jacked up you can't have all those players unless like the heat situation you take less money to keep other teammates

"I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold," James said.

"I don't get (the credit) for it. That doesn't matter to me; playing the game is what matters to me. Financially, I'll sacrifice for the team. It shows for some of the top guys, it isn't all about money. That's the genuine side of this, it's about winning. I understand that."

this part self serving, narcissistic, and delusional. And a nice glimpse into his true nature. he wants a cookie for joining up. He wants credit for going on the easiest path that was presented to him when he had a choice. he wants to appear as a martyr of sorts. he wants his cake and to eat it to

he made a choice... benefited from it... and now wants you to pat him on the back for it and is mad at teh financial consequences of his.... say it with me.. CHOICE

the rest of what he said is true. 100% but hey if he wants baseball money, go play baseball. have fun

Last edited:
Duncan did it. I don't remember him begging for recognition. He was the best once upon a time :lol:

Last edited:
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Pau Gasol has a partial tear of his plantar fascia and is expected to be out at least six weeks, league source tells @CBSSports.

Yikes.

this part self serving, narcissistic, and delusional. And a nice glimpse into his true nature. he wants a cookie for joining up. He wants credit for going on the easiest path that was presented to him when he had a choice. he wants to appear as a martyr of sorts. he wants his cake and to eat it to

he made a choice... benefited from it... and now wants you to pat him on the back for it and is mad at teh financial consequences of his.... say it with me.. CHOICE

the rest of what he said is true. 100% but hey if he wants baseball money, go play baseball. have fun

Repped for your consistency and never say die attitude. :smokin

so who does Dantoni scapegoat now

nerd.gif
I appreciate you being as big of a D'antoni hater as I am a Melo hater.

Honestly though, I always felt he got a raw deal from the Knicks but it's hard to argue in his favor right now.  Dude is doing a piss poor job getting that team on the same page.  He's a horrible fit for an old, slow team that needs to rely on post scorers.

Glad Kobe called out Dwight in a roundabout way last night. Time to suck it up now, chump.

There is no scapegoat for D'Antoni. He went on ESPN Radio LA and said if the team doesn't make it to the Finals then it's a failure on his part. The team is definitely not looking like a Finals contender, and without Pau their chances for the playoffs are that much less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom