Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Boston Celtics have held exploratory trade talks with the Memphis Grizzlies on Rudy Gay.

More than one team has speculated that a three-way trade that would send Pau Gasol to the Celtics, Paul Pierce to the Grizzlies and Rudy Gay to the Lakers makes "some sense".

Pierce's $15.3 million salary for next season is guaranteed for only $5 million, which would make his contract tradable.
Via Marc Stein/ESPN

This is the only Rudy Gay trade I'm for midseason. We remain contenders this season and save money next season.

I don't really see a realistic situation where anyone benefits from that Memphis/LA/Boston trade. Celtics get worse, Grizz gets worse and LA gets worse.

I don't really see a realistic situation where anyone benefits from that Memphis/LA/Boston trade. Celtics get worse, Grizz gets worse and LA gets worse.
Well no matter what, when the Grizz trade Rudy they'll get worse. They're trying to shave money so don't expect them to get equal value in return. Except in this scenario they don't actually get that much worse. Rudy seems to be devolving a bit. PP could still keep them in the hunt.

I could see Pau turning into an All-Star again. He just needs a change of scenery. He needs touches in the paint and he needs ball movement. The Celts would provide all of that for him.

LA would get worse IMO. Even though Gasol for whatever reason has turned soft over the past 2 or 3 years, he's still 7 foot and is still skilled as ever. Mentally he just needs an adjustment and his past coaches haven't put him in positions to thrive. Gay would bring relative "youth" and athleticism but his jumper is really shaky. Or at least from what I've seen of him this season.

Last edited:
Well no matter what, when the Grizz trade Rudy they'll get worse. They're trying to shave money so don't expect them to get equal value in return. Except in this scenario they don't actually get that much worse. Rudy seems to be devolving a bit. PP could still keep them in the hunt.

I could see Pau turning into an All-Star again. He just needs a change of scenery. He needs touches in the paint and he needs ball movement. The Celts would provide all of that for him.

LA would get worse IMO. Even though Gasol for whatever reason has turned soft over the past 2 or 3 years, he's still 7 foot and is still skilled as ever. Mentally he just needs an adjustment and his past coaches haven't put him in positions to thrive. Gay would bring relative "youth" and athleticism but his jumper is really shaky. Or at least from what I've seen of him this season.
I know the Grizz are in a lose/lose situation but they need to think upside. Trade for younger players, I'm just saying. I still don't see Boston as a positive place for Pau considering the kind of player KG is (Pau but so much better it's funny), I'm not sure if they need him. LA needs a big man in return for Pau, period, and Rudy's game doesn't complement anyone on the roster's game whatsoever.

I don't feel bad for Parish "I want a coaching job because I need the money" 
indifferent.gif
 get him all the way the **** outta here.....then he's complaining cause he got a 80k pr job offer...he should've taken that and just worked his way to an assistant coaching job....dude thought that nba money was gonna last him a lifetime

I know the Grizz are in a lose/lose situation but they need to think upside. Trade for younger players, I'm just saying. I still don't see Boston as a positive place for Pau considering the kind of player KG is (Pau but so much better it's funny), I'm not sure if they need him. LA needs a big man in return for Pau, period, and Rudy's game doesn't complement anyone on the roster's game whatsoever.
Yeah Memphis could opt for younger players but I wouldn't blame them for going after PP since his contract isn't fully guaranteed past this season. That way they could still stay in the hunt but have the option of parting ways with him after the season.

KG would be a great teammate for Pau and would probably toughen him up. KG doesn't post up anymore which would allow Pau to become the primary post presence. That's when Pau is at his best, check the last two titles LA won. When Bynum was limited because of his knee, Pau became the center and dominated. When Bynum came back healthy, Pau's production went way down and he became a forgotten man. Same thing happened when Howard came to town.

Would be weird seeing Pierce in another uniform.

ill be pissed as hell and im not even a celtics fan

dude should retire a Celtic, PERIOD!

and its not because i have a few of his authentic jerseys either :lol:

dude is one of the greatest celtics ever.

I think Pau would be a good fit for Boston and an improvement there.  LIke's been said already, Grizzlies are making a trade expecting to lose talent because they want to trade Gay's contract, and Pierce nets them an expiring and a veteran who would be productive and good for their team.  The Lakers would get younger, but Pau is a better player than Rudy and I'm not sure another wing scorer is going to make the team any better.  Unless they're trying to think ahead and want to build around Dwight and Rudy?

Even if he's traded, he can always sign then immediately retire a Celtic.

I think it would be hilarious, please get traded

Josh Smith:
“I feel like I’m a max player,” Smith said Friday.
Granted, in the new collective bargaining agreement, Smith's max deal would be nearly as high as Johnson's: about $94 million over five years. But it still could give the organization reason to balk.
Link

Pau's thing is all about consistency..

If he's consistent the Lakers won't trade him.. If he's inconsistent, they'll move him.

Probably not. I'm going with my girl, so I'm just trying to be an innocent bystander not trying to prove anything. :lol:

Just wanna watch a game, have some beers, and chill. It's been awhile. Plus, all the damn Blazers games are blacked out in Seattle so I haven't been able to really see Portland play this year.

Still feel Dwight should not be in the All Star game

Why not?

I get there has been inconsistency, and he hasn't been nearly as dominant as he was 2 years ago..

But he's 1st in Rebounds, 5th in Blocks, 4th in FG%.. And at the time of the selection was 2nd in Center Scoring. After 3 bad games is at 5th now.

Not to mention he plays on a popular franchise, and is a popular player.

Pierce is one of those players that I can't see in another uniform :nerd:

Pau in Boston would be a good look for him & the team... KG could toughen him up & they'd get a lot of post play from him which would be benificial for both.

Rudy on the Lakers doesn't seem like a good fit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom