Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

That was a great @!@%!%* play
You're a Heat fan?  Better get outta here with that LeBron avy
laugh.gif

LeBron only

Mariano said in an interview that he loves shagging fly balls and he doesn't regret doing it.

As someone who has torn both ACLs and has broken both ankles while playing basketball, obviously it sucks to get injured but I'd rather get injured doing something I love than injuring my leg by tripping over a sidewalk or something.

Love of the game.

Had a feeling it was bad, but just got up getting ready for work and seen the ACL news....damnIts all Onewears fault for making the pujols thread
frown.gif
lol... I hope Mo comes back though, cant see him go out like this

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

in before some douche makes the shoe joke.

hope his career doesn't end like this though. deserves a better ending for sure.
Pretty much. Thats not how I wanted to see him go. He deserves better than that.

Ive been looking forward to him retiring for a while. But he deserved to go out when he decided it was time. Hate to see injuries end great players careers.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

in before some douche makes the shoe joke.

hope his career doesn't end like this though. deserves a better ending for sure.
Pretty much. Thats not how I wanted to see him go. He deserves better than that.

Ive been looking forward to him retiring for a while. But he deserved to go out when he decided it was time. Hate to see injuries end great players careers.

coming from u two it means alot

draper_sad.gif

i'm gonna rub one out and go to sleep .......

Spoiler [+]
rivera2_medium.gif

Say it ain't Mo...

I still can't wrap this all around my head. There is no way Mariano should have his career ended this way. This is the freak sports accident of all freak sports accidents.

Sad, sad day not only in Yankee land, but around the entire league.

Spoiler [+]
Robertson should get the closing nod over Soriano... just sayin'.

Ugh, watching the video of him talking about it was brutal, I had to turn it off.

I don't like how everyone on TV and radio are talking like he's dead. I really think he will pitch again, he's always said he wants to go ou on his terms not forced out by a team or injury.

Optimism is your friend right now fellow NYY fans.

Just now to the media

Mariano: "I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. ... I'm not going out like this."

Rivera: "I love to play the game. To me, going out like this isn't the right way."

2v81iqp.jpg

I’ll have more later, but Mariano Rivera just said he will absolutely pitch again. He’s determined to not let his career end like this.

UPDATE, 5:29 p.m.: Rivera didn’t leave much wiggle room for himself.

“I am coming back,

When i saw that video yesterday and all the reports yesterday... Man, sadness.
ohwell.gif

Glad he'll be coming back though.

GET WELL MO!

Back
Top Bottom