Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by Spyda23

Phil Hughes is that dude. I think he should be a starter.
That's the thing. I can't even picture him starting anymore. He's been so dominant out of the 8th inning.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by Spyda23

Phil Hughes is that dude. I think he should be a starter.
That's the thing. I can't even picture him starting anymore. He's been so dominant out of the 8th inning.

He definitely has been a beast as a setup man but he has the stuff to be a starter.

^ Same thing with Joba but I think Hughes will be the bridge to Mariano (well at least for the remainder of the season & playoffs). Next season Phil needsto come back to the rotation..

Catcher Montero On Rapid Rise To Bronx
19th July, 2009 - 9:19 am
New York Post - Yankees catching prospect Jesus Montero is currently playing with Double-A Trenton as he rises quickly in the team's system.

"I was doing everything really good because I wanted to get here fast," Montero told The New York Post. "Thank God they gave me the opportunityto be here right now."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says that people have taken notice to Montero's play.

"People have taken notice, without a doubt," Cashman said. "All he's doing is outperforming the norm. . . . At that age it's extremelyimpressive.

"His work ethic is strong, and he's hungry and he cares and he's got ability. He's got to maintain that as he moves up the ladder, but so farit's nice to see he refuses to be denied."

Montero hit a game-tying grand slam the other night.
pimp.gif

Trenton eventually won 6-5.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

New York Post - Yankees catching prospect Jesus Montero is currently playing with Double-A Trenton as he rises quickly in the team's system.

"I was doing everything really good because I wanted to get here fast," Montero told The New York Post. "Thank God they gave me the opportunity to be here right now."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says that people have taken notice to Montero's play.

"People have taken notice, without a doubt," Cashman said. "All he's doing is outperforming the norm. . . . At that age it's extremely impressive.

"His work ethic is strong, and he's hungry and he cares and he's got ability. He's got to maintain that as he moves up the ladder, but so far it's nice to see he refuses to be denied."
thats another reason why if i was cashman id try to trade joba and posada.for holliday.face it posada cant throw at all.he doesnt have as much popin the bat anymore.and we should get rid of him before toronto relizes hes getting old.and if we get rid of posada we still have molina,cervelli,and this guymontero to catch

Hey do you gus know when francesa is gonna retun to YES? I been checking to see his radio show online but he's on vacation... I wish I could've heardthis guy after the angels series
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yankeesfan0130

thats another reason why if i was cashman id try to trade joba and posada.for holliday.face it posada cant throw at all.he doesnt have as much pop in the bat anymore.and we should get rid of him before toronto relizes hes getting old.and if we get rid of posada we still have molina,cervelli,and this guy montero to catch
I don't think it's a secret that Posada is old. I'm pretty sure EVERY team knows that he's old.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

"I was doing everything really good because I wanted to get here fast," Montero told The New York Post. "Thank God they gave me the opportunity to be here right now."

"People have taken notice, without a doubt," Cashman said. "All he's doing is outperforming the norm. . . . At that age it's extremely impressive.

"His work ethic is strong, and he's hungry and he cares and he's got ability. He's got to maintain that as he moves up the ladder, but so far it's nice to see he refuses to be denied."
thats another reason why if i was cashman id try to trade joba and posada.for holliday.face it posada cant throw at all.he doesnt have as much pop in the bat anymore.and we should get rid of him before toronto relizes hes getting old.and if we get rid of posada we still have molina,cervelli,and this guy montero to catch
You really think Joba & Posada will nab Doc? You even think that they'll take Posada back?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Hey do you gus know when francesa is gonna retun to YES? I been checking to see his radio show online but he's on vacation... I wish I could've heard this guy after the angels series
laugh.gif

hw will be on tomorrow/today

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I don't think it's a secret that Posada is old. I'm pretty sure EVERY team knows that he's old.

i meant to say that before his efects of getting old start to show alot.

Originally Posted by onewearz

yanks would never trade posada ........

how do you know that.remember what they did to bernie.they treeted him like a pice of meat.and im sure theyll trade him if theres a way to holliday in thedeal.

onewearz wrote:

how do you know that.remember what they did to bernie.they treeted him like a pice of meat.and im sure theyll trade him if theres a way to holliday in the deal.

u serious ?

posada means alot more than u know to the yanks especially in the clubhouse. it's common knowledge that jeter is a soft kinda captain. he's not reallygonna get in a guys face and let em know that they need too step it up. jeter leads by example. posada on the other hand has been called a pit bull in the clubhouse. very out spoken, dudes are shook to get on his bad side. posada is like jeter's underboss, anyone who follows the yanks knows this.

yanks realize posada importance with the team. he may not be the best defensively but his intangibles can't be overlooked.

anyway he makes too much money , no team is gonna be able to take that salary for a catcher .........

yea Posada is too old and owed too much money to be considered a trade piece

plus the yankees would be ******ed to trade him...he is every bit the leader of the team they say Jeter is

and he swings a hefty one

Originally Posted by onewearz

how do you know that.remember what they did to bernie.they treeted him like a pice of meat.and im sure theyll trade him if theres a way to holliday in the deal.

Oof. Because they didn't resign him even though it made no sense to? Toronto is trying to get cheap young talent, Posada is neither of those.

Back
Top Bottom